☆☆☆☆ Official G.o.D Jewels Thread *XXL Freshman Campaign. #ReasonableMatic 9-21-2011* ☆☆

yes... I froze... AGAIN.
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Haven't spoken to the young dude, but he knows I'm still in his corner. Coming from a fan, and a distant friend, I gotta say I never know what direction he's going to go with these tapes. I don't speak with him like a lot of you all and haven't requested exclusive content, but I kind of appreciate that. I get to hear the cuts exactly how he intends them to be heard.

Last year when All Things Go dropped I was kind of confused. Not because it wasn't ill, but because it was way Left Field from what I had come to expect from Glory, and the other warm up projects.

With that said, I mess with the new track after hearing it a couple of times.

Looking forward to the tape.

I'm battling some personal demons but let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Peace

roll.gif
At the harmonizing at the end, the video and song are nice. Something I'll go back and play, especially with videos now a days that's key. Didn't really feel the small write up Combining the flow and wit of a Jay-Z with the articulation and vocabulary of a Nas, you're talented enough that shouldn't be mentioned (but that's just me). Never wanted to speak on it either, but the whole XXL campaign I feel isn't needed also. Those fools up there know some, not all, from what I've seen and heard I've always felt that Jewels was more of a "you find me type" and if not it's your loss in the long run.

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

roll.gif
At the harmonizing at the end, the video and song are nice. Something I'll go back and play, especially with videos now a days that's key. Didn't really feel the small write up Combining the flow and wit of a Jay-Z with the articulation and vocabulary of a Nas, you're talented enough that shouldn't be mentioned (but that's just me). Never wanted to speak on it either, but the whole XXL campaign I feel isn't needed also. Those fools up there know some, not all, from what I've seen and heard I've always felt that Jewels was more of a "you find me type" and if not it's your loss in the long run.
True and thanks, but I think that's just explaining the theme/concept behind the project. Not necessarily that I'm a clone. Paying homage to the influences basically.

Explain to me why you don't feel it's needed. I respect your opinion a lot. And you're right, I am that way, but you'd have to understand the behind the scenes goings on of what I have to deal with as an "up-and-coming rapper". Feel free to hit me up on a one-on-one basis anytime.

Originally Posted by I AM KNOWLEDGE

Haven't spoken to the young dude, but he knows I'm still in his corner. Coming from a fan, and a distant friend, I gotta say I never know what direction he's going to go with these tapes. I don't speak with him like a lot of you all and haven't requested exclusive content, but I kind of appreciate that. I get to hear the cuts exactly how he intends them to be heard.

Last year when All Things Go dropped I was kind of confused. Not because it wasn't ill, but because it was way Left Field from what I had come to expect from Glory, and the other warm up projects.

With that said, I mess with the new track after hearing it a couple of times.

Looking forward to the tape.

I'm battling some personal demons but let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Peace
My intent is to do something unexpected and different while improving with each project. Some people like their favorite artist to be predictable and reliable every year because they fear change.

And no worries, I wouldn't burden you with trying to help me. I don't check my NT PMs like that, so if you ever wanna chop it up like the old days hit my Twitter DM family.

Also, ReasonableMatic is strictly bars. Not trying to reinvent the wheel or out-classic already classic joints by making my own full-length songs. It's just a fun homage to OG Hip Hop influences until Glimpse of Destiny releases. I wouldn't even consider it an official project.

Thank Cake, he kept pestering me to do a freestyle tape where I just go in on beats. I ended up coming up with this concept.

I think it's cool that I polarize people in the way that I do.

Originally Posted by G o D Jewels

Also, ReasonableMatic is strictly bars. Not trying to reinvent the wheel or out-classic already classic joints by making my own full-length songs. It's just a fun homage to OG Hip Hop influences until Glimpse of Destiny releases. I wouldn't even consider it an official project.

Thank Cake, he kept pestering me to do a freestyle tape where I just go in on beats. I ended up coming up with this concept.

And I already know for a fact it'll be the right songs too 
laugh.gif
(not that there's a wrong beat on either album).

Originally Posted by G o D Jewels

Thank Cake, he kept pestering pressuring me to do a freestyle tape where I just go in on beats. I ended up coming up with this concept.

Fixed. HMMPH.
grin.gif
wink.gif

ALREADY?

I've been lurking in here holding back from getting at Cake bragging about all the songs he's hearing before us thinking this wasn't gonna drop for another week or so.

Dope vid btw
pimp.gif
It's been a good 24hrs adding this with Cole and Phonte.

Back
Top Bottom