☆☆☆☆ Official G.o.D Jewels Thread *XXL Freshman Campaign. #ReasonableMatic 9-21-2011* ☆☆

My Poetry Deep
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Whole joint is dope
little things like including the lyrics show that attention to detail many artists coming up lack, word up
pimp.gif

I've been playing the sidelines like Jack Nicholson, but this project got me wanting to apply for a staff position.

You know the feeling that a lot of us got when we heard "Where have you Been?" On the dynasty album? That's the feeling I got when I heard track 10. Me and my grandmother got into it recently. Bad. You know we grow up with our elders correcting everything we do, so when they do something wrong it's hard to accept. But she held me down for a long time, an despite her wrongs, I love her. She's still here. And I'm going to call her tomorrow.

Jewels has a way of making music that connects on a personal level. And that's part of the reason I rock with him.

Although it's only 10 tracks on the tape, there's a lot of info to take in.

I will say that dude is speaking on a lot of stuff that needs to be spoken upon. The artists within the mainstream wouldn't dare touch on some of the things that Jewels did, well besides Nas (White Jesus, POISON!!)

Is Jewels able to speak on these things due to the fact that he hasn't' made it yet? Maybe.

But I think he has the fortitude to continue regardless of how many listeners he gets.

Shout out to Time for the production. As hard as it is to rap over classics, I'm sure it's equally hard to redo the production on what is deemed as Untouchable.

I respect the creativity behind the campaign. You may not agree with some of his decisions, but you've got to respect the effort, and see the passion behind the efforts.

All in all good @*$+.

Looking forward to Glimpse

It's officially only a matter of time, if it wasn't already...
30t6p3b.gif

So i'm just gonna tell y'all my favorite joints off the upcoming tape...

#1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, & 9.

Yea... Those
pimp.gif

2w7ogic.jpg

Interesting...very interesting.

...because 5, 7 and 10 are some of my favorite tracks w/ 5 & 10 battling to be in my top 3 w/ "My Poetry Deep" and "Chi State Of Mind" at the moment.

Are you afraid of controversy, CAKE?
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

#5. "Dead Slave Owners" ...that title alone.
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

I don't know anybody in the game who would dare make this track right now...

Creative as all hell and my dude has the nerve to disagree w/ NaS on his own track (
eek.gif
)...and then proceeds to do it justice.

This is all coming from a white boy, btw.
pimp.gif

#7.  Again, Jewels is taking a huge risk.  Controversial stuff that I don't see any recent freshman even thinking about touching, let alone having the balls to make.  Going through 

w/ that clip at the end?  *wipes brow*

#10. Is Jewels crying?  Are those real tears?  In a hip-hop song, the home of tough guys and fronters?
nerd.gif

If so,

Spoiler [+]
2lsb5up.jpg
And I am as impressed w/ what TIME did to these tracks as I am w/ what Jewels did on 'em (& that's saying a lot).  TIME was $#$@%#% wildin' on here.  Props to the max.
pimp.gif

I'm still impressed w/ the lyrics being include w/ the files.  Can't believe nobody's done this before. 

Keep up the risk taking and inventive approach, because that's what makes you you. 

I feel truly privileged to be one of the few that gets to witness the infant stages of your career as it takes place.

EDIT: And %#!% anyone who wants to call me a "d-rider", I'm just being real.

Originally Posted by T11Time

I like Gap Tooth Smile......lol I'm bias......

son, you sounded mad articulate
pimp.gif

i shall wear the air maxes you sold me like 4 years ago tomorrow to celebrate.

edit: did Time do all the beats for this? $+%!+ fire too.

the tape is great, when has god ever disappointed?
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by N ll K 3

It's officially only a matter of time, if it wasn't already...
30t6p3b.gif

So i'm just gonna tell y'all my favorite joints off the upcoming tape...

#1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, & 9.

Yea... Those
pimp.gif
2w7ogic.jpg

Interesting...very interesting.

...because 5, 7 and 10 are some of my favorite tracks w/ 5 & 10 battling to be in my top 3 w/ "My Poetry Deep" and "Chi State Of Mind" at the moment.

Are you afraid of controversy, CAKE?
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

#5. "Dead Slave Owners" ...that title alone.
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

I don't know anybody in the game who would dare make this track right now...

Creative as all hell and my dude has the nerve to disagree w/ NaS on his own track (
eek.gif
)...and then proceeds to do it justice.

This is all coming from a white boy, btw.
pimp.gif

#7.  Again, Jewels is taking a huge risk.  Controversial stuff that I don't see any recent freshman even thinking about touching, let alone having the balls to make.  Going through 

w/ that clip at the end?  *wipes brow*

#10. Is Jewels crying?  Are those real tears?  In a hip-hop song, the home of tough guys and fronters?
nerd.gif

If so,

Spoiler [+]
2lsb5up.jpg
And I am as impressed w/ what TIME did to these tracks as I am w/ what Jewels did on 'em (& that's saying a lot).  TIME was $#$@%#% wildin' on here.  Props to the max.
pimp.gif

I'm still impressed w/ the lyrics being include w/ the files.  Can't believe nobody's done this before. 

Keep up the risk taking and inventive approach, because that's what makes you you. 

I feel truly privileged to be one of the few that gets to witness the infant stages of your career as it takes place.

EDIT: And %#!% anyone who wants to call me a "d-rider", I'm just being real.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Nah... 5 & 7 are crazy... I remember when he told me the concept for 5 I was
roll.gif
 thinking he was just !@!@@%% around then he spit it for me when and I was like
eek.gif
... 7 is just real $!%@, stuff we talk about all the time he just put it in rhyme form so it was nothing new for me to hear him go like that I guess, although it is refreshing to hear someone actually go in on that topic.

As far as 10 goes... thats a really really hard listen because he's talking about our uncle and our grandmother, one who was taken from us as quick as your could snap your fingers and the other whom I watched deteriorate.  My grandmother was the rock/roots of our family and I watched as cancer took her from the strongest person I've ever encountered to a shell of a person who couldn't walk, couldn't eat, couldn't talk. She died on the 4th of July last year and this year I couldn't even get into the whole fireworks thing (since I was 7 this used to be one of my favorite things to do with my little cousins & the nieghborhood kids).  I mean I had to fake the funk for my daughter and little cousins but it was just "blah".

The men in our family rarely talk about stuff thats bothering us or weighing on us unless its in a big blown out arguement, so to hear him share his feelings on it was rough because as close as we are we've never spoken about her passing.  So to hear it him on that track actually talking about how he was carrying that males me relive that situation all over again.  Like I said he definitely represented well I think, granny would've been proud, prolly would've cursed him and me out right now for putting her business out there but ehh
laugh.gif

I'm Glad You Rock With It Though G
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by TheGrimm

Originally Posted by N ll K 3
7 edits later, good job man.

laugh.gif
14xzbkl.jpg

I felt the need to give proper feedback during my second listen and I guess I went OD on the edit button.
laugh.gif
*shrugs*
I'm Glad You Rock With It Though G
pimp.gif

Man, I rock w/ this HEAVY.  Kendrick is the only young gun out here that can eff w/ Jewels and I'm dead serious when I say that. 

I don't need someone to tell me who's dope.
pimp.gif

Appreciate the first hand stories as well my man.
pimp.gif

I'm thoroughly impressed with this tape as I have been with all of Jewels' material. Dude is always speaking on topics like no other. Homie is in his own lane and will definitely be recognized by the masses soon. I don't F with TIME as a rapper, but damn is that dude cold on the production. Can't take that from him.

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

I'm thoroughly impressed with this tape as I have been with all of Jewels' material. Dude is always speaking on topics like no other. Homie is in his own lane and will definitely be recognized by the masses soon. I don't F with TIME as a rapper, but damn is that dude cold on the production. Can't take that from him.

Couldn't have said it any better. 

This the first project I ever heard from dawg, I was kinda blown away by the subject matter, I didn't expect "real rap" and thought provoking lyrics but I was pleasantly suprised,he was snapping on the lyrics and word play....I dnt really like his flow but it is definitely tolerable. 5 and 6 my favs, and 10, first I heard of illi too, got me wanting to hear more from both.

Hi.

Welcome to ReasonableMatic. This project was inspired by two MCs who I feel are the epitome of what a complete and well-rounded artist should be. In my opinion, Nas and Jay-Z reinvented what modern hip-hop music was supposed to be, and what it is now. With all of the incredibly talented artists that are out today, I still feel as though none of these artists has even come close to matching or surpassing the levels that Nas and Jay-Z have reached as far as emceeing. 

With that being said, I believe I’m one of the select few who will. I combine the wit, cleverness, and intricate flow of a Shawn Carter with the street poetry, social commentary, and lyrical wizardry of a Nasir Jones. I just happen to be from the South Side of Chicago instead of the boroughs of Queens or Brooklyn in New York City.  Combine that with my own individuality, God-given talent, and life experiences, and you have everything that encompasses who and what G.o.D. Jewels is. Once again, if you disagree with that, I can’t help you. Maybe you shouldn’t be here reading this.

Once I wrapped up Greatness Opens Doors, I began to work diligently on preparing the musical and visual direction of ReasonableMatic. During that time, other Illmatic tribute tapes were released by a number of my peers. Being naturally competitive and territorial, I was frustrated and discouraged by the fact that other projects were being released that were so similar in theme to what I was planning to release. Nonetheless, after some reflection and time to myself, I realized that this shouldn’t be an issue at all. We all are children of the same era that gave us classic bodies of work such as Illmatic. We all were inspired by these timeless albums, so who am I to claim ownership over the right to express appreciation for them?

As a man, I was able to look within myself and ascertain that I was wrong in my method of thinking. I salute every MC who has paid homage to Illmatic, and every MC who ever will. Let’s create our own classics and inspire a whole new generation of hip-hop fans 10-15 years from now. Now that that’s out of the way, do I feel as though my “Maticâ€

Back
Top Bottom