☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Originally Posted by PMatic

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

This... I still think he can help out a team off the bench, but the question is who is gonna wanna take on that contract.
He isn't under a contract though......

Blazers should sign him to a one year deal, we are in desperate need of some scoring off the bench.  Not sure what other options there are out there for cheap.
Don't you think he's had enough knee injuries?
laugh.gif
Yea but I think he can still produce off the bench, and for a minimum contract it is worth a chance.  Blazers aren't going anywhere with their roster right now anyways and need to make some cheap moves to find someone that can score and there aren't to many options out there. Not sure if he would go to Portland though, kind of expecting a contending team to take a shot with him
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Zyzz

id like him on the Lakers, which IMO they need a PG but im sure Laker fans wont like that but im sure he would be a different player playing on that team.

no he wouldn't be. i want him as far away as possible from the Lakers as possible

Originally Posted by Just bLAzed

id like him on the Lakers, which IMO they need a PG but im sure Laker fans wont like that but im sure he would be a different player playing on that team.

no he wouldn't be. i want him as far away as possible from the Lakers as possible
whats tuesdays lottery numbers?
nerd.gif

This has been a really slow day, I'm quite surprised.

You look at the first page, go down the list of players that are still available and see how many teams need players in camp, you think, "Damn, what's going on?"

Maybe because it's the weekend.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Originally Posted by srvballer

If Billups lands on the Heat
sick.gif

might as well pencil them in for the finals now...

cuz that was stopping them?
Chalmers/Bibby didnt do much

I'll give you Bibby, but Chalmers wasn't a pushover.
Unless you're saying you found their closer for when Bron and Wade wanna play hot potato again.

Originally Posted by TroyMcClure

I think a lot of teams could benefit from a dude like Nick Young. The Thunder/Bulls could use a scorer.

i have not heard one thing about him, whats going on?

I think a lot of teams could benefit from a dude like Nick Young. The Thunder/Bulls could use a scorer.
The Thunder have James Harden. Bulls thought Young would cost too much apparently. Him > Rip IMO. We would've been set for the next couple years.

im surprised havent heard anything about Redd.
Mavericks talked to him but nothing ever surfaced.

Also, yeah, it's guys like Nick Young where I'm sitting here thinking, how is this guy not even MENTIONED?

i have not heard one thing about him, whats going on?
30t6p3b.gif
If the Wizards get rid of him, I'm not supporting my hometown this season

Originally Posted by Just bLAzed

whats tuesdays lottery numbers?
nerd.gif

"im sure he would be a different player playing on that team."

idk, you tell me

Originally Posted by StillAtIt

The Thunder have James Harden. Bulls thought Young would cost too much apparently. Him > Rip IMO. We would've been set for the next couple years.

It's ideas like that that's $%*$*% up with NBA basketball. You'd rather have a guy that only has one thing on his mind (scoring the basketball) and is good at nothing else, rather than an unselfish veteran that's been there before and is going to go out there and make plays off the ball and play defense. Just because Rip has been stuck on a meaningless team for the last two years does not mean that he doesn't have anything left in the tank. Nick Young is the last type of player you want on a tight-knit contending team.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Originally Posted by StillAtIt

It's ideas like that that's $%*$*% up with NBA basketball. You'd rather have a guy that only has one thing on his mind (scoring the basketball) and is good at nothing else, rather than an unselfish veteran that's been there before and is going to go out there and make plays off the ball and play defense. Just because Rip has been stuck on a meaningless team for the last two years does not mean that he doesn't have anything left in the tank. Nick Young is the last type of player you want on a tight-knit contending team.
LOL

only thing young has over rip is age. thats it.

Rip is a more complete player and does everything you need to win along with a little defense.

people need to stop underrating Rip, seriously
30t6p3b.gif

Rip is a complete player, great sign.

All i'm saying about Young is if you can condition that guy into working in a real system on a real squad and not a team where his only focus is to take as many shots as he can to score...he is very valuable.

Look at Jamal Crawford for example. He is a dude who can score at will basically...much like Young. He had great success with the Hawks. He took on his role and made the best of it.

The Bulls sometimes really need a guy who can just go out and catch fire.
It will take a lot of pressure  away from DRose, who has to drive in there and get clobbered for two foul shots.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Clippers are close to deal for Chris Paul with Hornets[/h1] [h2]The Clippers would send center Chris Kaman, guard Eric Bledsoe, forward Al-Farouq Aminu and the No. 1 draft pick to get the All-Star point guard, in deal said to be in the closing stages of talks.[/h2]
[table][tr][td]
66710633.jpg

Hornets point guard Chris Paul takes a break during the first day of training camp Friday at the Alario Center. (Derick E. Hingle / US Presswire / December 9, 2011)
[/td][/tr][/table]

By Broderick Turner
December 11, 2011, 11:10 p.m.

The Clippers and the New Orleans Hornets were working vigorously Sunday night to consummate a blockbuster deal that would send All-Star point guard Chris Paul to Los Angeles to play for the Lakers' cross-town rivals, said two people with knowledge of the situation who were not authorized to speak on the matter.

The deal hasn't been completed, but both sides were in the closing stages of the negotiations.

The Clippers would send the Hornets center Chris Kaman, backup second-year guard Eric Bledsoe, second-year forward Al-Farouq Aminu and the No. 1 draft pick they got from the Minnesota Timberwolves that is unprotected in the 2012 draft, considered to be one of the best in recent years.

Clippers owner Donald Sterling and the NBA have to sign off on the deal.

A package from the Lakers for Paul was turned down by the league.

The NBA will probably review the Clippers deal Monday.

What may actually help the Clippers get the deal done are the young players involved and a potential top-flight draft pick.

When the Clippers and Hornets talked about a deal involving Paul last week, New Orleans had expressed interest in Eric Gordon. However, the Clippers didn't want to part with the 6-foot-3 guard who turns 23 on Christmas Day, because they consider him one of the NBA's top-five shooting guards.

He is not part of the deal that is currently being discussed.

Bledsoe just turned 22, but he will be out until late January recovering from surgery to repair torn cartilage in his right knee.

Aminu is 21 and Kaman is 29, but he's also in the final year of a contract that pays him $12.7 million, which makes him appealing.

The Clippers are aware that Paul, who will earn $16 million this season, can opt out of his contract this summer that pays him $17 million for the 2012-13 season.

The Clippers would love for Paul to sign an extension with them so they don't have him for just one season. If he doesn't agree to the extension, they hope he will pick up his option for next season.

Paul was involved in a trade to send him to the Lakers for Lamar Odom that involved three teams that was ultimately blocked by the NBA on Thursday.

It was a deal that would have sent Pau Gasol to the Houston Rockets, who in turn would have sent three players and a draft pick to the Hornets.

But the NBA killed that deal Thursday, opening the door for the Clippers to step back in.

Paul had called the NBA players' union and threatened legal action against the league for stopping the deal.

Paul is considered one of the top point guards in the NBA and the idea of putting him together with Clippers All-Star Blake Griffin would be hard for the Clippers to pass up.

Paul has averaged 18.7 points and 9.9 assists a game over his six-year career.

Clippers Coach Vinny Del Negro was asked about Paul earlier Sunday at the team's first of two practice sessions.

Del Negro never mentioned Paul's name and didn't talk about what it might take to get the All-Star guard to the Clippers

"We're always looking to improve our team and if there's an opportunity there, we're going to sit down and we're going to listen," Del Negro said after Sunday's practice. "But I'm pleased with the guys that we have here now. We'll make our adjustments as we see fit. If there are opportunities, we're going to take a look at them."

Jordan offer

The Clippers finally got the offer sheet Sunday afternoon that restricted free-agent center DeAndre Jordan signed with the Golden State Warriors for four years and $43 million.

The Clippers, who plan on matching the offer sheet or risk losing the 6-foot-11 Jordan, have three days to make a decision.

broderick.turner@latimes.com

twitter.com/BA_Turner

Rip is a complete player, great sign.

All i'm saying about Young is if you can condition that guy into working in a real system on a real squad and not a team where his only focus is to take as many shots as he can to score...he is very valuable.

Look at Jamal Crawford for example. He is a dude who can score at will basically...much like Young. He had great success with the Hawks. He took on his role and made the best of it.

The Bulls sometimes really need a guy who can just go out and catch fire.
It will take a lot of pressure  away from DRose, who has to drive in there and get clobbered for two foul shots.
i like Crawford a lot but hes a chucker same goes for Young.

Young is a nice player but he would NOT be a good fit for the Bulls.

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Clippers are close to deal for Chris Paul with Hornets[/h1] [h2]The Clippers would send center Chris Kaman, guard Eric Bledsoe, forward Al-Farouq Aminu and the No. 1 draft pick to get the All-Star point guard, in deal said to be in the closing stages of talks.[/h2]
[table][tr][td]
66710633.jpg

Hornets point guard Chris Paul takes a break during the first day of training camp Friday at the Alario Center. (Derick E. Hingle / US Presswire / December 9, 2011)
[/td][/tr][/table]

By Broderick Turner
December 11, 2011, 11:10 p.m.

The Clippers and the New Orleans Hornets were working vigorously Sunday night to consummate a blockbuster deal that would send All-Star point guard Chris Paul to Los Angeles to play for the Lakers' cross-town rivals, said two people with knowledge of the situation who were not authorized to speak on the matter.

The deal hasn't been completed, but both sides were in the closing stages of the negotiations.

The Clippers would send the Hornets center Chris Kaman, backup second-year guard Eric Bledsoe, second-year forward Al-Farouq Aminu and the No. 1 draft pick they got from the Minnesota Timberwolves that is unprotected in the 2012 draft, considered to be one of the best in recent years.

Clippers owner Donald Sterling and the NBA have to sign off on the deal.

A package from the Lakers for Paul was turned down by the league.

The NBA will probably review the Clippers deal Monday.

What may actually help the Clippers get the deal done are the young players involved and a potential top-flight draft pick.

When the Clippers and Hornets talked about a deal involving Paul last week, New Orleans had expressed interest in Eric Gordon. However, the Clippers didn't want to part with the 6-foot-3 guard who turns 23 on Christmas Day, because they consider him one of the NBA's top-five shooting guards.

He is not part of the deal that is currently being discussed.

Bledsoe just turned 22, but he will be out until late January recovering from surgery to repair torn cartilage in his right knee.

Aminu is 21 and Kaman is 29, but he's also in the final year of a contract that pays him $12.7 million, which makes him appealing.

The Clippers are aware that Paul, who will earn $16 million this season, can opt out of his contract this summer that pays him $17 million for the 2012-13 season.

The Clippers would love for Paul to sign an extension with them so they don't have him for just one season. If he doesn't agree to the extension, they hope he will pick up his option for next season.

Paul was involved in a trade to send him to the Lakers for Lamar Odom that involved three teams that was ultimately blocked by the NBA on Thursday.

It was a deal that would have sent Pau Gasol to the Houston Rockets, who in turn would have sent three players and a draft pick to the Hornets.

But the NBA killed that deal Thursday, opening the door for the Clippers to step back in.

Paul had called the NBA players' union and threatened legal action against the league for stopping the deal.

Paul is considered one of the top point guards in the NBA and the idea of putting him together with Clippers All-Star Blake Griffin would be hard for the Clippers to pass up.

Paul has averaged 18.7 points and 9.9 assists a game over his six-year career.

Clippers Coach Vinny Del Negro was asked about Paul earlier Sunday at the team's first of two practice sessions.

Del Negro never mentioned Paul's name and didn't talk about what it might take to get the All-Star guard to the Clippers

"We're always looking to improve our team and if there's an opportunity there, we're going to sit down and we're going to listen," Del Negro said after Sunday's practice. "But I'm pleased with the guys that we have here now. We'll make our adjustments as we see fit. If there are opportunities, we're going to take a look at them."

Jordan offer

The Clippers finally got the offer sheet Sunday afternoon that restricted free-agent center DeAndre Jordan signed with the Golden State Warriors for four years and $43 million.

The Clippers, who plan on matching the offer sheet or risk losing the 6-foot-11 Jordan, have three days to make a decision.

broderick.turner@latimes.com

twitter.com/BA_Turner

clippers back
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom