♔ ~~~~| Celebrites Rockin Heat (fly gear/Fly kicks) VOL. 3 | ~~~~ ♔

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bruh nobody was even being homophobic, it was just that nobody noticed the details of the pic till Ninja pointed out.

And Sneaker collecting was never considered gay so I don't know where you coming with that.

Jig you - I know how to fix you
Pretty boy n--s fronting hard is the issue.

There was definitely a very strong contingent of "the streets" that felt that all that was pretty boy was straight corny, soft, and "gay." At some point, being "fly" eclipsed being "hard" as the fantasy youngins enamored with the rap life aspired to. Unless your reputation for getting money illegally preceded you, being dipped in general was considered suspect by a lot of heads - having 100 pairs of shoes was like the epitome of that. ...What do you need besides a pair of Forces and Construction Timbs?

I actually know a dude who had his home(s) raided and assets seized under RICO, and the cops concluded he was a closeted homosexual because among his "assets" was a humungous sneaker collection.

And, essentially any comment that referenced Haring's sexual orientation, or commented on the "AYO" art in the pic was bigoted. ...We can shelve the debate of whether it was actually "homophobic," because I'm interested in discussing semantics here. But suffice to say that anti-gay sentiment is given a safe haven on NT. Unless the intent is to educate somebody about something regarding Haring's life and legacy, there's no reason to even note his sexual orientation. Nobody posts, "Here is Jadakiss in a pair of Jordans, and he's straight." The need to identify somebody as "other" as part and parcel with their existence is bigotry unto itself.

I actually made the first comment - a dismissive "umm" - because dude commented about Haring and was giving him props for OG1 and Dolly Parton. I essentially SMH-ed because here was a public figure, who lived an openly gay life, and was a well known gay rights advocate and dude was commenting in reference to him - "BOOBIES - HIGH FIVE, BRUH" It was a comment on how freely people speak upon that which they do not know.

Bonus information: Basquiat was bisexual.

And, I'm done with this convo.

Collecting articles of clothing especially footwear has never been masculine.
Define collecting, buying a shirt and some jeans and keeping for 2 weeks is within the definition of collecting.

col·lect1
kəˈlekt/
verb
gerund or present participle: collecting
bring or gather together (things, typically when scattered or widespread).
"he went around the office collecting old coffee cups"
synonyms: gather, accumulate, assemble; More
antonyms: squander, distribute
accumulate and store over a period of time.
"collect rainwater to use on the garden"
systematically seek and acquire (items of a particular kind) as a hobby.
"I've started collecting stamps"
come together and form a group or mass.
"worshipers collected together in a stadium"
synonyms: gather, assemble, meet, muster, congregate, convene, converge, flock together More
antonyms: disperse

Are men suppose to buy something once then throw it away. I ain't that well off that can wear a pair of socks once and never wear them again. LMAO

A little Superman III reference.

Define collecting, buying a shirt and some jeans and keeping for 2 weeks is within the definition of collecting.

col·lect1
kəˈlekt/
verb
gerund or present participle: collecting
bring or gather together (things, typically when scattered or widespread).
"he went around the office collecting old coffee cups"
accumulate and store over a period of time.
"collect rainwater to use on the garden"
systematically seek and acquire (items of a particular kind) as a hobby.
"I've started collecting stamps"
come together and form a group or mass.
"worshipers collected together in a stadium"
synonyms: gather, assemble, meet, muster, congregate, convene, converge, flock together More
antonyms: disperse

Are men suppose to buy something once then throw it away. I ain't that well off that can wear a pair of socks once and never wear them again. LMAO

A little Superman III reference.
Word, you dropping knowledge bruh. Repped

You know what he meant by collecting....

Don't act like you don't..
Yeah I know what he meant, it's a stupid comment so I replied with a stupid comment. I don't know if he believes it or not but nothing about buying shoes is masculine or feminine. Yeah he said collecting until you wear them your collecting.

You want to continue the stupid conversation about it being masculine or feminine or keep the thread on topic.

Jig you - I know how to fix you
Pretty boy n--s fronting hard is the issue.

There was definitely a very strong contingent of "the streets" that felt that all that was pretty boy was straight corny, soft, and "gay." At some point, being "fly" eclipsed being "hard" as the fantasy youngins enamored with the rap life aspired to. Unless your reputation for getting money illegally preceded you, being dipped in general was considered suspect by a lot of heads - having 100 pairs of shoes was like the epitome of that. ...What do you need besides a pair of Forces and Construction Timbs?

I actually know a dude who had his home(s) raided and assets seized under RICO, and the cops concluded he was a closeted homosexual because among his "assets" was a humungous sneaker collection.

And, essentially any comment that referenced Haring's sexual orientation, or commented on the "AYO" art in the pic was bigoted. ...We can shelve the debate of whether it was actually "homophobic," because I'm interested in discussing semantics here. But suffice to say that anti-gay sentiment is given a safe haven on NT. Unless the intent is to educate somebody about something regarding Haring's life and legacy, there's no reason to even note his sexual orientation. Nobody posts, "Here is Jadakiss in a pair of Jordans, and he's straight." The need to identify somebody as "other" as part and parcel with their existence is bigotry unto itself.

I actually made the first comment - a dismissive "umm" - because dude commented about Haring and was giving him props for OG1 and Dolly Parton. I essentially SMH-ed because here was a public figure, who lived an openly gay life, and was a well known gay rights advocate and dude was commenting in reference to him - "BOOBIES - HIGH FIVE, BRUH" It was a comment on how freely people speak upon that which they do not know.

Bonus information: Basquiat was bisexual.

And, I'm done with this convo.
Pause. 

roll.gif

Nothing against jason but he dresses causally which is nice. I see ppl like that all the time it just looks more clean on jason because he has nikes or jordans, when other ppl have dress shoes

Fly = gay topic would make a helluva general thread..

nope. I never knew that people actually considered buying sneakers gay. Thats mad ignorant.
Collecting articles of clothing especially footwear has never been masculine.

Its a lil bit of a obsolete notion...i do remember

having alot of shoes was a chick thing once upon a

A time...this obviously proceeded when nike didn't

Retro anything... It was ALOT harder to do so way

Less people did it.

Fly = gay topic would make a helluva general thread..
Its a lil bit of a obsolete notion...i do remember

having alot of shoes was a chick thing once upon a

A time...this obviously proceeded when nike didn't

Retro anything... It was ALOT harder to do so way

Less people did it.
so ppl used to call you gay for buying sneakers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom