♔ ~~~~| Celebrites Rockin Heat (fly gear/Fly kicks) VOL. 3 | ~~~~ ♔

Status
Not open for further replies.

Info on these shorts?

Thanks,

Son rocky basically has all the kids in soho dressing like him.You guys need to stop saying kanye started everything that has to do with high end clothing or any clothing for that matter.

Show me pics of ANY rapper wearing Givenchy and Margiela
before Ye and his crew popularized it in the culture. I'll wait.

Show me a rapper who's shouted out Jeremy Scott (I know Ye rocked em a few years earlier but, Rocky wasn't on yet), Junya Watanabe, Rick Owens, Raf Simons, Maison Martin Margiela, Diet Butcher? Who, just like Kanye, is really passionate about fashion, other than ASAP Rock? Look at some of Rocky's images, dude jumped on the scene, not rocking common cloths or kicks. Dude has been seen in midnight blue 4s, white/green 4s, Mr. Hare's from London, etc. The whole ASAP clan doesn't have a hired stylist. If anything, some of you should be praising these dudes for keeping it authentic, and, opening up doors for others. As a vessel, Rocky and his clan have introduced viewers to tons of new brands. Unlike these other "Emcees" who go straight to Barneys, Bergdorf-Goodman, Niemans, Nordstroms or, let me brace myself before I say this, Christian Louboutin...

Last edited:
underwear = sneakers.....you're reaching. the dude has a few dozen pair of new releases, you don't call that collecting?

No, I call it buying shoes to wear them. Not everyone holds sneakers on such a high pedestal, some of us just like rocking fly clothes and kicks

I have a few dozen pairs of new releases also, damn sure not a collector

and underwear and sneakers both = clothing , far from reaching

if sneakers and underwear are equivalent i'm lost. who doesn't own a dozen or so pair of underwear. not a lot of people own that many sneakers. dude takes pics posing with his shoes. do you?

My dude said "shorts, above the knee" as if that's a bad thing....dudes are way too nostalgic nowadays holding on to an era in fashion that faded...Shorts are shorts fam, they are supposed to be at the knee or above...otherwise you are rocking capris or might as well wear jeans....I'm probably around your age myself and at my age I feel silly as hell wearing clothes that are not my size....I think as you get older you should start wearing clothes that actually fit, some dudes are too caught up in the past in a time when wearing bigger clothes hid the insecurities from being uncomfortable in their own skin.

wearing bigger clothes is related to being insecure from being uncomfortable in your skin?! :rofl:

(my clothes fit by the way, most of my work clothes are tailored).

again......:rofl:

Still waiting on those pictures of Rocky in these brands prior to Ye's influence. You dudes can't separate your emotion from facts.

I agree wholeheartedly with Caspers statement. Repped.

Last edited:
Show me a rapper who's shouted out Jeremy Scott (I know Ye rocked em a few years earlier but, Rocky wasn't on yet), Junya Watanabe, Rick Owens, Raf Simons, Maison Martin Margiela, Diet Butcher? Who, just like Kanye, is really passionate about fashion, other than ASAP Rock? Look at some of Rocky's images, dude jumped on the scene, not rocking common cloths or kicks. Dude has been seen in midnight blue 4s, white/green 4s, Mr. Hare's from London, etc. The whole ASAP clan doesn't have a hired stylist. If anything, some of you should be praising these dudes for keeping it authentic, and, opening up doors for others. As a vessel, Rocky and his clan have introduced viewers to tons of new brands. Unlike these other "Emcees" who go straight to Barneys, Bergdorf-Goodman, Niemans, Nordstroms or, let me brace myself before I say this, Christian Louboutin...

what trends has rocky set ??

he's just another rapper who wears expenisve clothes. not hating on him but he isnt doing anything new that i can see. "opening doors" :rolleyes

Last edited:
what trends has rocky set ??
he's just another rapper who wears expenisve clothes. not hating on him but he isnt doing anything new that i can see. "opening doors" :rolleyes

Honestly, living below the mason-dixon in Florida, it is REFRESHING, that guys like ASAP Rocky and Theophilus London have stepped on the scene. Kanye is one of my favorite artists EVER, regardless of genre. But, stop discrediting others, who weren't even relevant while Kanye was building his dynasty. And, show me one brand of clothing that is inexpensive bro. You go into any store, other than a Target, or Walmart, that about it. Everything else costs an arm and a leg. And like I said, unlike these "fashion frauds", who hop on EVERY wave, show me one fashion baron, other than ASAP Rocky (and guys like Theophilus London, or Curt@in$), who have broke the mold. I will wait. The Jordan luster is gone, which I am so HAPPILY proud of because, celebrities can no longer just toss on a pair of Jordans and feel holier than thou. If you're really fashionable, introduce us to something we haven't seen. And, the funny thing is, these dudes have stylist, who are failing miserably.

Son rocky basically has all the kids in soho dressing like him.You guys need to stop saying kanye started everything that has to do with high end clothing or any clothing for that matter.
100%
I can't stop laughing when I see those kids

wearing black overcoats with pins on them in the heat of the summer, straight jokes

Show me pics of ANY rapper wearing Givenchy and Margiela
before Ye and his crew popularized it in the culture. I'll wait.
How long did you wait?

No beef, but people give Kanye credit where it isn't earned at times. How did Kanye

and his crew popularize Margiela exactly? Please tell me because I honestly don't know.

Is it because of that one line "What's that jacket? Margiela"? Help me out. Kanye was not

the first to bring that brand to the hip hop culture. I don't know who was exactly, but T.I. was rapping

about that and wearing it before Kanye to my knowledge.

Rocky is a biter in every sense. .

:lol: ya running out of things to hate on now.. No fanboy statement but he's a trendsetter on so many levels, Sure a couple of style might be base of a 80's look but what in fashion haven't been done already in a certain sense already?

Don't ever remember so many guys with pants that can't be pulled straight on. Tight pants/leather pants are a no no in my book. That ish looks awful to me.

That picture of TIP is from 2010, I can bring up pics of Ye' in 08-09 with Margiela's on. Neither rapper is the first to wear a designer brand
but let's be real Ye and his crew are responsible for nearly every fashion trend in rap culture for a few years now. How that's not obvious to
you stans is beyond me.

Nothing is new under the sun, but point blank Rocky is a clone like the majority of the rap game. There's a huge difference in
being influenced by something and straight up becoming a carbon copy of it.

Last edited:
That picture of TIP is from 2010, I can bring up pics of Ye' in 08-09 with Margiela's on. Neither rapper is the first to wear a designer brand
but let's be real Ye and his crew are responsible for nearly every fashion trend in rap culture for a few years now. How that's not obvious to
you stans is beyond me.
If anyone is a Stan, it's you sir. It's not a big issue to me on who started what, but Kanye gets credit at times where he has not earned it. Others have done things before him or around the same time but Kanye will always get the nod for the most because he is on a more grand scale. I understand that. Don't you? That's my case and point.

you stans is beyond me.
Nothing is new under the sun, but point blank Rocky is a clone like the majority of the rap game. There's a huge difference in
being influenced by something and straight up becoming a carbon copy of it.
so for rocky to be wearing a pair of margielas or balenciagas means he is following kanyes trend? Dude can wear any shoe that he likes and rocky just got on the scene so how are you gonna say he wasn't wearing these brands when he was hustling in Harlem? I don't see kanye wearing Alexander Wang common projects or Rick Owens like rocky so how is he like kanyes clone?You giving him too much credit

Last edited:
Yall gotta keep in mind that Rocky and the A$AP crew weren't getting the same guap they're getting now a few years ago... A$AP's still :pimp: though

so for rocky to be wearing a pair of margielas or balenciagas means he is following kanyes trend? Dude can wear any shoe that he likes and rocky just got on the scene so how are you gonna say he wasn't wearing these brands when he was hustling in Harlem? I don't see kanye wearing Alexander Wang common projects or Rick Owens like rocky so how is he like kanyes clone?You giving him too much credit
I don't even know what that means.. huuuh!

Rick Owens '10

At photo shoots, people are always trying to put that f**king Day-Glo suit on me: ‘Kanye West is gonna wear this Day-Glo suit.’ No, Kanye West is not! I might wear a Day-Glo pocket square...With this outfit here, I wasn’t trying to say anything—it’s just what appealed to me...I feel like the outfit was a 95 percenter. I had on the mid-cut Common  Projects. But as soon as I got home, I’m looking at the low-cut Common Projects, and I’m like, ‘That would’ve looked better.
Ye has been thee foremost fashion forward figure in hip hop and beyond hh for almost 10 years, (leave P out of this, for now) 
Dude has Wang, Owens, and probably the head designers of every high-end fashion house on speed dial. So, why should we give him less credit? For the dude that posted the T.I. picture 
laugh.gif
 too recent..

And 90% of the shht Ye be on is borrowed from the streets and runways of Milano, Paris, London etc..

Last edited:
Seriously? Who cares.

The debate/ argument you guys are having has to be one of the most moronic things I have ever seen..

I don't even know what that means.. huuuh!

Rick Owens '10

Ye has been thee foremost fashion forward figure in hip hop and beyond hh for almost 10 years, (leave P out of this, for now) 

Dude has Wang, Owens, and probably the head designers of every high-end fashion house on speed dial. So, why should we give him less credit? For the dude that posted the T.I. picture :lol:  too recent..
And 90% of the shht Ye be on is borrowed from the streets and runways of Milano, Paris, London etc..
this is what I'm talking about, I never said kanye didn't wear those brands . But you think just because he been in a couple of peices you think he was the first and everybody is copying him. These are big and well known brands of course people are gonna wear them. Just because it's 2012 and someone is wearing a brand kanye wore a year or two ago does not mean they are copying him

Last edited:
All that US Olympic gear is so fresh to me.

Agreed.

Shut up. We enjoy fashion so we discuss it.

You guys are arguing backwards. First you say Rocky is a trendsetter which pretty much stems from the fact that he has a few designer fits now,
but then you say Ye' is getting to much credit for patronizing styles that no other rapper was on for a FACT. Cool.

Rocky is a clone. I have my opinion and you all have yours. Either way I'm done with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom