∞HBO: "True Detective: Night Country" (Late 2023)...Season 4 Set in Alaska…Starring Jodie Foster…Barry Jenkins Producing∞

How would you grade Season II of "True Detective" ?

• A

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • B

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • C

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • D

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • F

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters
Only Vince scene I like this whole season is when he boxed big boy. Showing he still can throw hands to settle!

Best episode so far..I have a feeling they are going to get better from hear on out

Starting to pick up now

Best episode so far..I have a feeling they are going to get better from hear on out

Starting to pick up now
Agreed. I was starting to doubt last episode

Gay biker cop still struggling IMO. Not too keen on his storyline

The others I've bought in to. Colin is by far killing it

I hope Colin gets evicted from his cop housing and Rachel lets him crash at her pad 
nerd.gif

The episode was awesome. I'm glad they did a time skip that was only a few months in advance. I think Riggins moms is a scumbag for spending his cash.

Agreed. I was starting to doubt last episode

Gay biker cop still struggling IMO. Not too keen on his storyline

The others I've bought in to. Colin is by far killing it

I hope Colin gets evicted from his cop housing and Rachel lets him crash at her pad :nerd:

Yeah they may have went a little overboard with everyone's complications..overthinking the dialogue

I do like how there are multiple directors this season..nice mix..when fukunaga returns the show will b ridiculous

Season would have been fine or even better with just Colin and McAdams. I knew in the previews just by the wardrobe and bolo tie he was wearing, that Colin's charcter would have depth. McAdams is pretty much the closest to being a true detective thus far.

Kitsh's and Vaughn's scenes are boring imo. No need for 4 stars next time.

Last edited:
They basically had Kitsch playing one emotion for every scene until the last two episodes.

I agree with the last page - Vaughn's suffering the most from some poor writing. Nic's trying too hard to give him a sharp tongue.

Kitsch hasn't been THAT bad imo & lately he's stepped it up.

Vaughn has just been awful though...

I love the guy as a comedian  (always wished he'd do more R-rated comedies because I think he'd thrive in those) but I just can't take him seriously as a dramatic actor.

Also, I can't stop watching Colin's scenes from last night...

It's truly a beautiful thing to watch 
tired.gif

They basically had Kitsch playing one emotion for every scene until the last two episodes.

I agree with the last page - Vaughn's suffering the most from some poor writing. Nic's trying too hard to give him a sharp tongue.

The last two is still half the show almost since we're at 5 :lol:

Nielsen sucks but: Show had grabbed a huge following into the Season 1 finale, and we can now see by the ratings through the first three that it completely lost the momentum it had :lol: But when the ratings are out for the past episode, there's probably a spike since that shootout ended in the same S1-McConaughey-esque shootout and same episode(?)). Wherever the show takes the audience from this past week is pretty important. But it's underperformed based on purely the first few weeks

Final five ep of Season 1:
U.S. viewers (millions)

4 4 "Who Goes There" Cary Joji Fukunaga Nic Pizzolatto February 9, 2015

5 5 "The Secret Fate of All Life" Cary Joji Fukunaga Nic Pizzolatto February 16, 2014

6 6 "Haunted Houses" Cary Joji Fukunaga Nic Pizzolatto February 23, 2014

7 7 "After You've Gone" Cary Joji Fukunaga Nic Pizzolatto March 2, 2014

8 8 "Form and Void" Cary Joji Fukunaga Nic Pizzolatto March 9, 2014

Season 2

9 1 "The Western Book of the Dead" Justin Lin Nic Pizzolatto June 21, 2015

10 2 "Night Finds You" Justin Lin Nic Pizzolatto June 28, 2015

11 3 "Maybe Tomorrow" Janus Metz Nic Pizzolatto July 5, 2015

12 4 "Down Will Come" Jeremy Podeswa Nic Pizzolatto & Scott Lasser July 12, 2015

13 5 "Other Lives" John W. Crowley Nic Pizzolatto July 19, 2015
TBD

(Safe to say the show misses Cary Fukunaga, Nic Pizzolatto does too but he wouldn't admit it)

Last edited:
Nielsen sucks but: Show had grabbed a huge following into the Season 1 finale, and we can now see by the ratings through the first three that it completely lost the momentum it had :lol: But when the ratings are out for the past episode, there's probably a spike since that shootout ended in the same S1-McConaughey-esque shootout and same episode(?)). Wherever the show takes the audience from this past week is pretty important. But it's underperformed based on purely the first few weeks

Final five ep of Season 1:
U.S. viewers (millions)

4 4 "Who Goes There" Cary Joji Fukunaga Nic Pizzolatto February 9, 2015 1.99

5 5 "The Secret Fate of All Life" Cary Joji Fukunaga Nic Pizzolatto February 16, 2014 2.25

6 6 "Haunted Houses" Cary Joji Fukunaga Nic Pizzolatto February 23, 2014 2.64

7 7 "After You've Gone" Cary Joji Fukunaga Nic Pizzolatto March 2, 2014 2.34

8 8 "Form and Void" Cary Joji Fukunaga Nic Pizzolatto March 9, 2014 3.52

Season 2

9 1 "The Western Book of the Dead" Justin Lin Nic Pizzolatto June 21, 2015 3.17

10 2 "Night Finds You" Justin Lin Nic Pizzolatto June 28, 2015 3.05

11 3 "Maybe Tomorrow" Janus Metz Nic Pizzolatto July 5, 2015 2.62

12 4 "Down Will Come" Jeremy Podeswa Nic Pizzolatto & Scott Lasser July 12, 2015 2.36

13 5 "Other Lives" John W. Crowley Nic Pizzolatto July 19, 2015 TBD

(Safe to say the show misses Cary Fukunaga, Nic Pizzolatto does too but he wouldn't admit it)

Ratings wise, it seems season 2 is doing better than season 1. Premieres and finales usually have a bit of a spike compared to middle episodes. But so far it seems to be doing what should of been expected. The real disappointment might come with Award nominations compared to season 1.

Last edited:
I do like how there are multiple directors this season..nice mix..when fukunaga returns the show will b ridiculous

Considering the bad blood between Nic and him, I doubt it.

can i get a good article that explains this beef? cuz i don't know what it means for the show itself

Poor Felicia..

I'm still curious how she got her scars.

what im wondering is why put her with scars if they aren't gonna explain it. unless she is like michael k williams and suffered a real life accident but went on to pursue an acting career.

i'd give it to her tho.

Basically Nic's all salt. Cary Fukanaga got up on stage for his Golden Globe award and said, "You guys are going to need a broom for all the names I'm about to drop here... [proceeds to list off like 30 names in a minute]" none of which were thanking the creator of the show Nic Pizzolato so that's an indicator of sort of the strained relationship they probably have.

Fukunaga's not even involved in Season 2 despite his name being in the credits as a 'Producer' (it was built into his contract from Season 1 that he'd be listed as a 'Producer' in a future series)

Last edited:
I have a feeling Rays ex wasnt really raped. Maybe she participated in the sex parties? The kid looks like it could belong to Ani's dads. I dunno theres something off there.

what are the chesani familty rituals that the wife didnt agree with? 
nerd.gif

edit:

ray's ex is like the worst character on tv ever 
laugh.gif

mad at him for helping her raise a kid that might not be his 
laugh.gif

edit2:

the cabin is where caspere was killed or the missing girl?? 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
Just as I was about to say Colin Farrell's mustache was stealing the show he shaves the some betch.

I original thought Ray's Ex was mad at him for seeing his son in secret and giving him that Badge since they showed that in the previously scenes. But once we find out that her rapist was caught, I can understand why she would be upset, since Ray told her that he dealt with the guy and he wasn't around anymore. That gave her some sort of closure, while ruining Ray's life and their marriage, but it turns out it was all a lie and he was loose on the streets this entire time(although not to Rays knowledge).

Can you further elaborate what you meant by 'everything wrong with women these days.'?

Ray went to a bully's house and assaulted his father. Fighting his son's battles is pathetic. Terrible way to teach kids to man up.

Plus Ray is very aggressive and vulgar to his son, has no morals, corrupt as hell, bitter and a drunk

So with all that, the ex-wife wants full custody which is probably the best for her son especially after finding out about the rapist. Add to that she was loyal by going straight to Ray when the State was questioning her. She could have easily told them everything she knew.

IMO her character embodies a strong woman especially having to deal with someone like Ray. That death stare she gave him during the mediation was :smokin

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom