∞HBO: "True Detective: Night Country" (Late 2023)...Season 4 Set in Alaska…Starring Jodie Foster…Barry Jenkins Producing∞

How would you grade Season II of "True Detective" ?

• A

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • B

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • C

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • D

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • F

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters
Rachel a savage with that blade. :wow:

Colin's acting at the table with Vince was McCaunehy-esque. Seriously killing this role.

His bender was :lol: :wow:

They truly losin me with missing girl, then another missing girl, found, killed just like that.

I'd hate to be the maid that cleans that house after a party. :x

The diamonds go back to 1992.........huh?

Seeing how I enjoy Eyes Wide Shut a lot, that episode was great.

This.

Episode was straight up :nthat:

And for reference:

KVlu1aeh.jpg

Episode was cool, enjoyed last week's more. Colin is really carrying this show, Rachel has grown on me.

The music during the last scene was so bad :lol:

That party 
eek.gif

Need a GIF of Paul coming out of left field & choking son out 
laugh.gif

mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
 at the POS hippie that molested Bezzerides as a girl... explains her character's demeanor. 

Last edited:
Pretty sweet episode with great acting by all parties

The Mexican gang is 
pimp.gif

VV's crew is too reckless though, meeting with the gang in a place like that 
laugh.gif
 not really that believable

Ending was so much edge of your seat type stuff. Honestly though, to end up with the exact signed contracts AND to end up with the missing girl.. that's a bit much 
laugh.gif
 talk about microwaving multiple story lines

Everything else was pretty exceptional, too many great aspects to list

Cringe moment when VV told the son that he has pure gold inside him. His whole speech to that part was moving

So who's the birdman, someone said it was spelled out. I'm assuming the thin white guy in VV's crew? How the hell does VV not care what that guy is up to? It seems like he obviously holds the key to everything 
laugh.gif

Was Rachel molested as a child? I'm not sure if they were referencing something or if she was just rolling hard

Last edited:
Yeah, I pieced it together once I saw Ani hugging her father in the preview for next week (I think that was Ani) - but at first, with how cold she is towards him that was the thought that came to me head.

Have a feeling her sister's gonna get got soon.

Last edited:
This episode was solid

Nice to see the show pick up towards the end.

-Bezzii was mollied up and still handin out fades. Foghorn Leghorn lucky he still alive. :lol:

:lol:

some of y'all are killing me not knowing the characters' names by now, btw. geez. :lol:

Last edited:
Really enjoyed ep, best of the season imo.

Frank/Ray convo, no lines from Frank's wife, 1992 diamond backstory, Ray and his kid, everything about the party. All great stuff.

Only thing I'm iffy about is that whole Frank/Mexican crew side plot. But overall really looking forward to these last episodes.

Vaughn finally delivered this episode ...not a coincidence that his wife was hardly in the episode

Ani being abused really clears up things

Farrel prob is getting close to MM territory of late ..dude has been acting his *** off

Paul is that dude

Last edited:
Pretty sweet episode with great acting by all parties

The Mexican gang is :pimp:

VV's crew is too reckless though, meeting with the gang in a place like that :lol:  not really that believable

Ending was so much edge of your seat type stuff. Honestly though, to end up with the exact signed contracts AND to end up with the missing girl.. that's a bit much :lol:  talk about microwaving multiple story lines

Cringe moment when VV told the son that he has pure gold inside him. His whole speech to that part was moving

I hate how convenient that was, all this slow build up in the first four episodes and they're condensing all the important stuff in the last three which is unfortunate.

"“These contracts, signatures all over them". :lol: :rolleyes

what was the significance of the scene with Vince Vaughn talking to that kid with the baseball glove? who was he?

Stan's son. Stan was one of VV's bodyguards.

Party goers (via Reddit)
Former Attorney General & current Gubernatorial candidate Geldof (investigated Vinci for the state; closed the case after the shootout with the Mexican meth gang; is now running for Governor with a "big warchest"; allegedly colluded with Vinci's mayor, but that's unconfirmed)

Chief Holloway of Vinci PD (he & Burris asked Ray to be their eyes & ears on the Caspere case, & asked him to pin it on "a pimp" if he could)

McCandless of Catalyst (owns most of the land in the corridor, which was polluted by Frank's waste management company Acheron; was meant to sell land to Frank & Osip through Caspere, who was murdered, & who had a car & a WeHo home paid for by Catalyst -- also, the deal was for 10 parcels for $ 7 million, although Caspere was charging $ 10 million, ostensibly pocketing $ 3 million for doing the deal; & who is now offering Frank 5 parcels, gifted, if he can recover Caspere's hard drive, which, thanks to Pitlor, we know contains footage of McCandless)

Osip (meant to provide the other $ 5 million for Frank's deal through Caspere's)

Blake (Frank's henchman, who is involved in throwing the parties with Tony Chessani; connection to everyone else unknown)

Tony Chessani (the mayor's son; conceived of throwing these parties with Caspere; they got Pitlor involved to turn "8s into 10s"; allegedly doing this behind his father's back -- the father who expressed that he worries his son is a "destroyer")

"That's one off the bucket list. Mexican standoff with actual Mexicans."

:rofl:

Say what you want about S2's start. The past two episodes have been nothing short of perfect to me. Setting things up for an absolutely wild finish.

Probably just me but I feel like I wasted my time watching this season

I'm bored watching almost every episode of this show

Probably just me but I feel like I wasted my time watching this season

I'm bored watching almost every episode of this show
Just you.

This season is piff. Definitely going to go back at some point this week and rewatch the entire season so I can get all my plot lines 100% clear before the last two episodes

I'm lost on the importance of them tracing the diamonds back to 92

the jewelry store heist was pulled by LAPD cops who new the riots would cover up their involvement/evidence.

-those LAPD cops left the force in LA and are now the senior officers in the Vinci PD. Lt. Burris and the black commanding officer. Chessani was involved.

he took in the two orphan kids (if that's the Chessani kids in the pic) partly out of guilt and partly to make sure they don't suddenly remember something about the robbery.

Ray's dad named a cop(don't remember who) that was smart enough to leave LAPD for Vinci PD right after the riots. Perhaps because they had just pulled this heist.

Paul talks to a detective who said cops were just walking off the job just before the riots happened.
-Those diamonds tie all the Vinci PD guys to the double murder/robbery. Caspere had them as an insurance policy as he was likely involved or knew of the crime.

Vinci is looking for the Diamonds like the Catalyst guys are looking for the hard drive. Seems like Caspere was trying to **** everybody.

(Reddit)

Back
Top Bottom