∞HBO: "True Detective: Night Country" (Late 2023)...Season 4 Set in Alaska…Starring Jodie Foster…Barry Jenkins Producing∞

How would you grade Season II of "True Detective" ?

• A

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • B

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • C

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • D

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • F

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters
Vaughn finally delivered this episode ...not a coincidence that his wife was hardly in the episode

nthat.gif

Party scene was crazy.....my girl was goneeeeeeeee..still did that knife work 
smokin.gif

Everytime that ginger is on screen, I laugh at the thought of a bunch kids auditioning for the "fat p_" role.
Casting did a great job picking him.

Last edited:
Episodes are starting to feel a little more balanced with more interesting dialogue/scenes and less boring exposition. Will wait until the end of the season to give my overall thoughts on the 8 episodes as a whole.

wait so the scene in episode 1 where VV gave Colin the name of the rapist was 11 years ago?
eek.gif

Or am i not catching that correctly? I believe he told the real rapist during that prison visit that 11 years ago he killed the wrong guy....

Last edited:
As poor as the dialogue has been this season, this episode had some great moments.

- kid saying "ok"
- Ani's pause when he said she could put the transponder somewhere
- Cutting from Ray's bender to him on the phone, showing first his bloody knuckles and then his apartment in shambles :pimp:
- "Mexican standoff with Mexicans"
- Ani at the end saying "I think I killed a guy"

View media item 1647414

I agree that some things were a little too convenient. Like who brings business to an orgy? I try to keep the two separate.

Last edited:
That mexican standoff line was kind of lifted from season 2 of eastbound and down :lol:

I personally loved the music being played while Ani was at the party and Ray and Paul were breaking in, really gave the scene a film noir feel.

They have a lot of ground to cover for only 2 remaining episodes.

Should be a good watch

Back
Top Bottom