∞HBO: "True Detective: Night Country" (Late 2023)...Season 4 Set in Alaska…Starring Jodie Foster…Barry Jenkins Producing∞

How would you grade Season II of "True Detective" ?

• A

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • B

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • C

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • D

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • F

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters
I'm officially out on Vince Vaughn ..just bad casting on that one
I think its the writing.

'It's like blue balls in your heart.':x :x :x

I legit cringed at that line.

Not sure who fixed season 1's writing but whoever did has left the show.

This season feels like it's playing out like a novel rather than a TV show and the dialogue reflects that. It make sense since Pizzolatto is coming from a literary fiction background, but there needs to be a better hook for great TV. Season one had the mysticism around Rust seeing things and the cult aspect, season 2 just feels like an amped up Law and Order mini-series. TBH it's all been pretty bland but we're past the point of no return so I'm sticking it out to see how all this ends.

The director Cary Fukunaga and Pizzolatto were rumored to clash a lot about dialogue.

Pizzolatto even took a shot at Cary with the movie set scene about it

:lol: at the thirsty dudes at the sexual harassment therapy session when Bezzerides said she liked large packages.

that weirded me out lol cmon can dudes be that thirsty, that they are trying to get a lift even in a group therapy session?

The thirst is real with some of these dudes
*clowns

plot is picking up this season, although I still feel like I missed half the lines.

the blue balls line was awful. I was hoping it was on purpose and his wife would crack up laughing.

I'm officially out on Vince Vaughn ..just bad casting on that one
I think its the writing.

'It's like blue balls in your heart.':x :x :x

I legit cringed at that line.

100% agree that it's the writing. VV can only do so much with what he has been given here. Some of his dialogue is poorly written and not believable. They've written him as a mobster who likes to speak in metaphors and use strange language. An example is when he asks his crony if he knows what the word "louche" means. Who the **** has ever heard the word louche thrown around in spoken conversation? Another is when his wife asks him about possibly adopting and he goes on talking about inheriting grief and blah blah blah. He's a mobster, mobsters don't talk like this.

Last edited:
I agree it is with the writing. The hate needs to be directed at the Character not Vince. I can't see Dinero(or w/e mobster actor you would prefer) or anyone pulling off these lines without making you just scratch your head.

Last edited:
Yeah, I think Vaughn is just doing the best he can do with what he's been given. Which is, a lot of times, overwritten nonsense.

Last edited:
so frank (vv) got ray (cf) wife attacked? 
nerd.gif

the mayor wife was one of the girls at the parties? 
nerd.gif

geldoff is? 
nerd.gif

pittler is part of xhesani's lodge? 
nerd.gif

i see a 3some w ray and paul and ani at the party 
laugh.gif

edit:

the original play was tony/ben throwin parties for the mayor/geldoff/cops at santos's club w cisco kid and other guy?

and osip/blake basically cut frank out of the rail deal by killing casper? 
nerd.gif

osip probably has the hard drive too 
nerd.gif

and who is fred jenkins? the senator in the pictures the girl had w the blue diamonds?

Last edited:
I don't think Frank set up the assault. My first thought when they showed the flashback was that Frank basically dropped a fake dime to Ray on someone he needed wacked.

Kills two birds with one stone. Knocks that guy off, and now he has Ray under his thumb.

Just a thought, though. Someone correct me if I missed something.

Last edited:
I don't think set up the assault. My first thought when they showed the flashback was that Frank basically dropped a fake dime to Ray on someone he needed wacked.

Kills two birds with one stone. Knocks that guy off, and now he has Ray under his thumb.

Just a thought,though. Someone correct me if I missed something.

You are correct, that was my initial thought as well. Supposedly Find his wife's alleged rapist and pin it on a dude Vince needed to be killed. Have velcoro think its the guy who raped his wife. Now velcoro is indebted to frank for life.

I don't think set up the assault. My first thought when they showed the flashback was that Frank basically dropped a fake dime to Ray on someone he needed wacked.

Just a thought,though. Someone correct me if I missed something.

You are correct, that was my initial thought as well. Supposedly Find his wife's alleged rapist and pin it on a dude Vince needed to be killed. Have velcoro think its the guy who raped his wife. Now velcoro is indebted to frank for life.

Yep

I really liked Vaughn this episode, him telling everyone off was golden. First episode I've enjoyed him.

Back
Top Bottom