∞True Detective Season 1 Thread ***CLOSED***∞

I really liked the scenes with Rust and Marty talking in the car about Maggie :lol:

The whole time Rust was trying to find Errol I couldn't help but think about how many of his victims he must've done that too :smh: That whole entire scene could've easily been in a horror movie.

It's concerning how dudes are opposed to female leads. What year is this?

seriously, how many angsty morally ambigious white dudes doing bad things are we going to watch? :lol:

switch it up.

I'm still intrigued by the format of the show, but if true detective season is two white guys with the same vibe that would be severely depressing.

Yeah you aren't being honest with yourself if you think the women had good roles this season. She was a cum dumpster to further explor and develop the relationship between the detectives

Season two about to get the wire season 2 hatred. I see it coming a mile away

Last edited:
If getting people so engaged to the point of overanalyzation just to tell what was eventually the same good vs evil story we've always seen, no LOST angle is kinda brilliant. If intentional.

I'm for it but I'm definitely against feminists pressuring the creators to add female voices which simply isn't what they planned to do especially if it's not going to add to the show and change what was sought out to be done.

In situations like I that I'd straight up do another all male focused cast AGAIN and watch them yell about it all over again until they shut up.

**** like that is just annoying.

Last edited:
And I don't feel much venom like I did with "lost". This guy at least wasn't egging everyone on and it wasnt all magical anyway.
Yeah. In some ways this was a perfect mystery show for a post-Lost world. It never cornered itself into the "it has to be supernatural stuff" camp.

And the length of it helped a lot too.

Seriously. I thought Homeland, The Good Wife, Game of Thrones and Orange is the New Black did something to try and change that. :smh:

Last edited:
That makes me think of Seven...and how Brad Pitt's part originally was offered to Denzel Washington and he turned it down because he thought it was too "dark."

Can you imagine? Denzel would mean no Morgan Freeman (face it, they're not going to have two black leads), and the movie would not have been the same. Casting is a tricky, tricky game. HBO had a great documentary not too long ago about casting directors.

Denzel aint doin no damn TV show. He's a much bigger star then Woody and Matthew

Yeah except Matthew McConaughey is currently the hottest actor going

Get off the high horse this isn't your typical "TV show" it's basically a mini series

The same Denzel doing Broadway would never steep to the TV low :lol:

Last edited:
Between Luther and The Wire...could you imagine Idris going in on TD? :smokin

But as far as next season...you could make a case that this show put MM over the top in the Oscar race.

I feel like almost no actress with room on her schedule is off limits.

Why does there have to be a strong female lead? Is that always necessary?

No. The creator of the show just about outright said there would be. That's why. Unless you think he's wrong about his own show.

Last edited:
That makes me think of Seven...and how Brad Pitt's part originally was offered to Denzel Washington and he turned it down because he thought it was too "dark."

Can you imagine? Denzel would mean no Morgan Freeman (face it, they're not going to have two black leads), and the movie would not have been the same. Casting is a tricky, tricky game. HBO had a great documentary not too long ago about casting directors.
Could've swapped out Morgan for Christopher Walken and the movie would be just about the same.

Last edited:
Tony Scott killed himself, Denzel doesn't have any more paycheck action-flicks to do.

Filming for this series would be similar to a regular film, given the anthology format. So HBO will have more actors/actresses on their hands. I would be thinking of big names that haven't been around for awhile, looking to rejuvenate things, i.e.--Michael Keaton, William Hurt, Cuba Gooding Jr, Jennifer Ehle, Thandie Newton, Carmen Ejogo...

As far as who to go for I'm still down with actors who mainly do movies taking time to do this. At least one should suffice.

I'd love to see Leonardo DiCaprio and Michael K. Williams paired up.
Matty is pretty much resurrecting his career. Denzel is above a mini series IMO

Is he above Broadway too? Because that's a step below TV and he's doing that
No it's not or at least you're not aware of how actors regard theater and plays in general.

There's a grind and a whole lot of respect to doing 7 or 8 live shows a week
Gimme Larry David and JB Smoove for season two
Best season ever :rofl:

Last edited:
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom