⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taylor Twellman criticizes the college system but the main issue happens earlier than that. We have a pay to play system in the US where only the suburban kids get to move up the ranks.
How is that our players come from Bethesda, Rancho Cucamonga, La Jolla, Etc and not from LA, San Jose, El Paso, Chicago, etc.

I damn near pay $200 for a rec league. I cant imagine how much it will be when or if my son plays club. I have a good job but what if i made minimum wage.

The Luis Suarez and Neymars of the US wont make it here.

I feel a relegation system would help. A second or third division Boise Idaho team or Albuquerque New Mexico team would have an incentive to develop local talent in order to climb the ranks. Imagine all those soccer “cells” across the country. That would help cast a wider net. Currently only those who can pay the big feels for the big tournaments can get scouted.

Anyway, I am not sure how to solve the play to play system. Its a big money system that will keep the US team filled with suburban kids and a sprinkle of foreign born players from oversees military basis.

P.S
#Messi #Boss #GOAT
Argentina Campeon 2018 lol

Last edited:
Portugal gonna get far. They gonna park the bus for 89 minutes than do a Ronaldo smash and grab at the end. Perfect plan.

DAcR497XkAIfduc.jpg

No, we'll just miss 525253 open goals and have this guy save everything until we get one :lol:
:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Taylor Twellman criticizes the college system but the main issue happens earlier than that. We have a pay to play system in the US where only the suburban kids get to move up the ranks.
How is that our players come from Bethesda, Rancho Cucamonga, La Jolla, Etc and not from LA, San Jose, El Paso, Chicago, etc.

I damn near pay $200 for a rec league. I cant imagine how much it will be when or if my son plays club. I have a good job but what if i made minimum wage.

I feel a relegation system would help. A second or third division Boise Idaho team or Albuquerque New Mexico team would have an incentive to develop local talent in order to climb the ranks.

I am not sure how to solve the play to play system.

P.S
#Messi #Boss #GOAT
The MLS clubs will have to foot the bill for that youth development to happen.

FC Dallas got a decent youth academy. We need the other clubs to create such too.

I feel a relegation system would help. A second or third division Boise Idaho team or Albuquerque New Mexico team would have an incentive to develop local talent in order to climb the ranks.

I am not sure how to solve the play to play system.

P.S
#Messi #Boss #GOAT

I mentioned pro/reg in the USMNT thread. **** needs to happen within the next decade at least. It creates incentive, creates new markets, and local talent flourishes.

Doubt it. It will be business as usual as long as Sunil is at the helm

Team wanted to regress instead of progress so they hired the coach they once fired :smh:

I don't see anything really happening. Yea a new coach will eventually be hired. Some structural changes to youth development over a long period of time but that's really it.

damn I always root for US, germany (watching them got me into footy) and korea (half korean). Guess ill only have 2 teams to root for next WC. damn this is embarassing that the US didn't make it. unbelievable

US soccer is definitely a pay to play culture. Bunch of spoiled rich kids. Lack that tru competitive drive and survival instincts that can't be taught.

If they invested in pulling in some talent from the hood, the US would be a force. Such a big population with so many resources. No reason the team should be this trash.

But why would any kid from the hood pick soccer over the $ in NBA & the NFL?

All u need to hoop is a ball and a court. They got that **** everywhere.

To play soccer you're gunna need at least 14 people with cleats, plus goals & you gotta find a field that's not rented or closed off.

I actually do think that soccer is gunna surpass football in America one day. It's a personal opinion but the NFL isn't as appealing to me anymore.

damn I always root for US, germany (watching them got me into footy) and korea (half korean). Guess ill only have 2 teams to root for next WC. damn this is embarassing that the US didn't make it. unbelievable
Son gonna carry South Korea far :pimp:

No US and no Dutch means I've got one squad to root for now. Don't let me down, Korea.

What’s the point of youth development if our whole system from top to bottom is a carbon copy of everything that English football does/plays/teaches...

News to America, out of all the big NTs, England is the last team and country you want to copy homework from, especially on a youth level.

What an epic rant by Taylor Twinkletoes Twellman, he said something true tonight, be like the Germans.... I agree.

What’s the point of youth development if our whole system from top to bottom is a carbon copy of everything that English football does/plays/teaches...

News to America, out of all the big NTs, England is the last team and country you want to copy homework from, especially on a youth level.

What an epic rant by Taylor Twinkletoes Twellman, he said something true tonight, be like the Germans.... I agree.

No ones copying or even paying attention to England. Like that sounds cool to say, but it has no real basis.

Germany and Spain are by far the Euro countries currently having the greatest influence on U.S. youth development. Like it's not even close at the grass roots level.

At the organizational level with USSF, France and Belgium are actually the only countries currently of tangible influence.

USSF is actually doing a decent job it terms of coaching methodology at the youth level by outsourcing very knowledgeable people with documented results in France and Belgium and staying the **** out of the way.

USSF problem at the youth level is coach selection, too much of a good old boys network.

Then of course the areas where they have the most influence and the most responsibility in the senior program and the professional period are a dumpster fire. That's their real evil.

But why would any kid from the hood pick soccer over the $ in NBA & the NFL?

All u need to hoop is a ball and a court. They got that **** everywhere.

To play soccer you're gunna need at least 14 people with cleats, plus goals & you gotta find a field that's not rented or closed off.

I actually do think that soccer is gunna surpass football in America one day. It's a personal opinion but the NFL isn't as appealing to me anymore.
It’s not a money issue, it’s a cultural thing.
Many legendary Brazilian footballers were from the slums and were kicking around handmade soccer balls and playing with regular shoes or bare feet.

They still played though. Not a lot of players here have that passion now. Hope that changes though.

It’s not a money issue, it’s a cultural thing.
Many legendary Brazilian footballers were from the slums and were kicking around handmade soccer balls and playing with regular shoes or bare feet.

They still played though. Not a lot of players here have that passion now. Hope that changes though.

That's real. And that's the worst thing about US not qualifying. We'll see I guess. I think it'll get better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom