⚾️ Little League World Series Thread ⚾️ 2023 Champs: El Segundo, CA!! ⚾️

darthska

Staff member
I know there are at least a few people who get excited about this every year.
Tough loss yesterday for DC. No hitter all the way until extra innings, which was when a 2-run homer advanced PA.

Games are back on today after some days off for travel. 🔥
Screenshot_20230816_090715_Samsung Internet.jpg

Haven’t been able to watch this year because of work but this is great stuff. Used to watch it every year.

Middle of the 2nd between Panama and the Czech Republic.

Panamanian pitcher has faced 6 batters, and has struck them all out.

Love to see it. :emoji_fire:

Haven’t been able to watch this year because of work but this is great stuff. Used to watch it every year.
Oh I really geek out over this every year. Doesn't really show online but I absolutely love it.

One of the things I love about it every year is that these kids are 'getting older' every year. :lol: I mean I know they're 12, but like... I was had turned on Norcal vs SoCal last week during the game and this kid came to bat, I thought maybe I was watching the Junior League World Series, maybe even Yankees vs. Twins or something. :rofl: I swear I saw a wedding ring on this man-child's finger. Buddy was no shorter than 6'3" with a FIERCE jawline.

• Haha
Reactions: HIM
Middle 3.

All 9 of Czech Republic's outs have been via Vargas (Panama) strikeout.

Struck out 7 in a row, then the 2nd batter in the 3rd got on. You could see the disappointment on his face for a second, then he struck out the next 2.

Kid is touching the entire strike zone.

Vargas. Panama. #READY

Oh I really geek out over this every year. Doesn't really show online but I absolutely love it.

One of the things I love about it every year is that these kids are 'getting older' every year. :lol: I mean I know they're 12, but like... I was had turned on Norcal vs SoCal last week during the game and this kid came to bat, I thought maybe I was watching the Junior League World Series, maybe even Yankees vs. Twins or something. :rofl: I swear I saw a wedding ring on this man-child's finger. Buddy was no shorter than 6'3" with a FIERCE jawline.

That’s one of my favorite things. You have the 6’2, 215 lb “12 yr old” hitting 350 foot bombs. Then you see the 4’10 98 lb kid batting behind him trying to slap an infield single 🤣🤣

VARGAS!!!!! Young man is having. Him. Self. A. DAY!!!

Has pitched 4 innings. 12 up. 12 Ks.

Panama gets him bases loaded in the bottom of the 4th.

FIRST PITCH... LIFTED.

12 strikeouts and a grand slam for that young man through 4 innings.

Cuba vs Japan now. :emoji_eyes:

I love the international games so much more than the USA regional games.

Combined no hitter for Panama earlier, against Czech.

Combined no hitter by Japan just now, against Cuba.

First time since 2008 that we've had multiple no-hitters on the same day.

I just love how different the no hitters were. Vargas with an absolutely DOMINANT performance for Panama against Czech. Like, Czech really had no chance. He was toying with the strike zone and mixing speeds.

But Japan? Cuba loses a tough game themselves, because they only allowed 1 hit. It's just... Japan allowed 0. Like, one team was great; the other was just greater.

Now it's Mid-Atlantic Region (Media, PA) vs. Southwest Region (Needles, TX).

Metro Region (Rhode Island) beat Mountain Region (Henderson, NV) earlier.

Northwest Region: Seattle, WA
New England Region: Gray, ME
Great Lakes Region: New Albany, OH
West Region: El Segundo, CA

Was watching the other night and noticed the continuous batting lineup. Is that new? Never noticed it before.

I’m of the opinion it was 1-9 and everybody had to have at least one at bat and an inning in the field.

Let's go Seattle! Saw some of the LLWS highlights on Sportscenter and bruh.. some of these kids look like Highschoolers lol.

Was watching the other night and noticed the continuous batting lineup. Is that new? Never noticed it before.

I’m of the opinion it was 1-9 and everybody had to have at least one at bat and an inning in the field.
Pretty sure the continuous batting order is new to this year. 👀

Whoever wins their next 3 games will be the champs. 🔥🔥🔥

Here are the 4 remaining USA teams you see scheduled above:

SE: Nolensville, TN
NW: Seattle, WA

SW: Needles, TX
W: El Segundo, CA

Play ball!!!

Washington is starting off this game between them and Tennessee pretty shaky. 😬
Error, hit, HBP got bases loaded no out. Then a strike out and a force out at home.
👀

Back
Top Bottom