⚾️ Little League World Series Thread ⚾️ 2023 Champs: El Segundo, CA!! ⚾️

Grounder, 3b to 1b ends the inning.
Crazy.
Bases loaded, no out.
Didn't score.

Pretty sure the continuous batting order is new to this year. 👀
Wonder if it was due to parent’s complaints in this every kid gets a participation trophy culture, that led to this. Had this convo at work and it was 50/50.

Some parents were on the best 9 kids should play. Others were like, if I am contributing as much as all the other parents my kid should play just as much. And said that the guaranteed one at bat and one inning in the field was wrong.

Mexico vs. Venezuela on right now:

Screenshot_20230822_135019_Samsung Internet.jpg

For those following, We are towards the end of the elimination bracket. If you lose, you're out.
Screenshot_20230823_101110_Samsung Internet.jpg

Alright, the final games of the Double Elimination bracket are today. 🔥🔥🔥
World Series Sunday.

Asia-Pacific is already in the International Finals on Saturday. They will play the winner of Caribbean vs. Mexico.

Southwest (Needles, TX) is already in the US Finals on Saturday. They will play the winner of Northwest (Seattle, WA) vs. West (El Segundo, CA).

Screenshot_20230824_080027_Samsung Internet.jpg

Here we go! International & USA Finals today, for the chance to play each order tomorrow in the World Series. 🔥
Int'l: Chinese-Taipei vs. Caribbean.
USA: Needles, TX vs. El Segundo, CA.
Screenshot_20230826_111840_Samsung Internet.jpg

Curacao wins the International game!!!

Who will they play tomorrow? Needles, TX or El Segundo, CA? Up next...

And heeeere weeeee GO!!!

3rd place game @ 11 (ET) on ESPN:
Asia-Pacific (Chinese Taipei) vs. Needles, TX

Championship @ 3 (ET) on ABC:
El Segundo, CA vs Curacao (Caribbean)
Screenshot_20230827_081426_Samsung Internet.jpg

congrats to el segundo. Props to curaçao as well. Helluva game.

Dope to see el segundo win it though. Years ago when my son was playing little league and fall ball. They would do a lot of games against el segundo teams. That city was always real serious about their little league stuff.

Back
Top Bottom