⛔️ {Thread is NOW CLOSED. New Football Thread, Link on Last Page.}⛔️

Should we start a new football thread?

• Yes... - Lets Start Fresh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah... - Lets Just Keep This Going

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
It's evident that he's not staying long term but if he signs that bumper deal that would assure us of not being robbed blind by you guys like you're planning :lol:. That reported 20M offer is trolling in itself :rofl:

Last edited:
LOL at United offering 250k a week for De Gea. No Keeper is worth that much. I can't see ManU getting more than 30-35m for him

Ever wondered how commentators have random tidbits at any given moment during a match?

BBC's Nick Barnes opened up his cheat sheet...

View media item 1540487
Despite the hours that Barnes pours into each page, he uses his notes only sparingly during actual gameplay. “They are there purely as a crutch and a point of reference if need be,” he said. “If I was a newspaper reporter, I could keep my match reports, but radio is transient, so my notebook is my personal record of the matches I cover.”

View media item 1540488
Barnes creates a detailed two-page spread for each match he commentates for BBC Radio Newcastle. The notes are divided into two color-coded segments: The left-hand page contains background information on Sunderland’s opposition—the club’s starting XI from its last fixture, previous results, and stadium details—while the right-hand side is updated in real time as the action happens.

View media item 1540489
View media item 1540490
View media item 1540491
Sometimes the action gets ahead of Barnes’s pen and paper. “There have been a couple of occasions when I’ve been writing something down during the match and there has been a goal or an incident,” he said. “Then I have to thank [Gary Bennett, Barnes’s co-commentator] for being beside me or the monitor which will hopefully replay it.”

View media item 1540492
View media item 1540493
View media item 1540498

Last edited:
I would like to see Gus Johnson's cheat sheets 
ohwell.gif
tired.gif

Summer of Gus was a great summer

Last edited:
Rodgers isn't the sole entity making the transfer decisions nor does he have final say. It's the the "Liverpool transfer committee" which consists of Rodgers, the head of recruitment, the Head of Performance and Analysis, the managing director, senior scouts, & finally 3 of John Henry's Boston cronies.
Supposedly Its only four people that head up the transfer committee.

Ayre explained in an interview with Sports Illustrated magazine earlier this year:

“We have a head of analysis, a head of recruitment, a first-team manager, myself. All of those people are all inputting into a process that delivers what a director of football would deliver.”
http://www.thisisanfield.com/2013/06/liverpool-fc-transfer-committee-explained/

Don't get me wrong, I still think we got quality players in Markovic, Lalana, Can,Moreno, Sturridge and even Balo etc. The question is whether we are using this talent effectively. You can have all the talent in the world, but if you aren't using it in a effective manner or playing to your strengths then you're not going to win that many games. Its like no one knows their role and we are only winning games and drawing them based off individual player talent. Notice how Saturdays game against Palace turned out. Lalana poaches the ball and scores the first goal of the game. Palace gets a free kick and Puncheon was able to convert it into a goal. For the entire duration of the game, Palace put pressure on Lovren (just like what every team did this season when he was on the pitch) and was just running past him at will. I watched as players were forcing shots while their teammates were open where we could've scored. It was ridiculous. There was a moment where Jordon Ibe forced a shot that went out of play while Can was standing there open.

Quite frankly I think we just need another striker and I heard we are linked with Jovetic. I've wanted him at Pool since he was at Fiorentina so if we are able to get him from city that would be good.

Well done Perez :pimp:,I seriously don't see how DDG and Iker would coexist at Real man...

That would definitely leave Iker feeling some type of way :lol:

Last edited:
Iker met with Perez..he will be staying next season smh

Iker probably threatened him that he would unleash every rumor and behind the scenes ordeal to the press. This can be the only explanation.

I just seriously don't get it.

Iker does still have huge pull and most likely some dirt on him :lol:. He's the main reason Mou was dropped.

Last edited:
Pirlo da gawd :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:.

His time at Milan was my favorite period of his career. True legend with a chance at getting another CL title,he's always been class on and off the pitch :smokin

Last edited:
When I'm playing I try to play like he does. Minimal running around and just spreading the ball around, too bad I actually play and look like Micah Richards :lol:

Iker does still have huge pull and most likely some dirt on him :lol:. He's the main reason Mou was dropped.

Oh Iker pillow talks all about Real Madrid to his reporter wife, every night probably - "baby, they're not treating me right...let me tell you what happened" . :lol:

Not to change the subject but Casillas isn't the reason Mou left tho, he's one of the reasons behind the scenes info was leaked but not the reason he left.

I remember reading about Iker and Ramos working in tandem trying to get the management to push him out but I'm sure their were a lot more things behind the scenes that led to his exit.

The thought of leaks from the locker room coming out in the news anytime he's pissed is hilarious :lol: :lol:

A few gold quotes from former Reds crapping all over Raheem :lol:

"Dietmar Hammann on Liverpool coping without him | “If Sterling wants to go, let him. We’ve not won much with him so we will be okay without him. We need players who want to be here and commit.”"

Well good luck on finding players who don't care to be accomplished :lol:

"Phil Thompson on greed | "Raheem Sterling is a good player. He is not a great player. He's not the superstar he perceives himself to be. For the money he is asking, £100,000-a-week, I don't actually think he is worth that. I basically think it is greed.”
Word to Henderson eh...

Jamie Carragher on Sterling ‘shutting up’ | "To do what he's done now, there's nothing worse than that. You keep your mouth shut - get on with playing football."

Jamie Carragher on Sterling 'taking on Liverpool' | "For a 20-year-old kid to be taking on Liverpool Football Club over a contract - to the pit of my stomach that just winds me up, it angers me.”

As I said, he's a clown :lol:

*This one's awesome and pretty on point :rofl:

John Barnes on Manchester City’s interest | "He has not achieved anything, he has not won anything. Does anyone believe that if he goes to Manchester City he will be the first name on the team sheet, or are they just signing him because they need English players? We have seen it with players in the past like Scott Sinclair.”

Last edited:
speaking about that link on the last page about the drug dealer, who was the former arsenal player i believe it was who is an ISIS member allegedly

Back
Top Bottom