⛔️ {Thread is NOW CLOSED. New Football Thread, Link on Last Page.}⛔️

Should we start a new football thread?

• Yes... - Lets Start Fresh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah... - Lets Just Keep This Going

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

lol @ the fat spanish weighter

so now we are linked with Schneiderlin.. man I just want this Otamendi deal to go through..
This 
laugh.gif

With the Gunners interest in him,the Vidal rumors to OT are starting up once again 
sick.gif
There are Vidal to Arsenal rumors too. Along with Real
Yea I mentioned that,just not ready for this endless saga to start up again after last summer 
laugh.gif
sick.gif

CHICAGO (May 31, 2015) – U.S. Men’s National Team head coach Jurgen Klinsmann will bring 22 players to Europe for two of the toughest tests of his tenure, facing away friendlies against two of the top three finishers at the 2014 FIFA World Cup.

New Cycle, New Roster for USMNT
Q&A: Klinsmann 'Games Llike These Don’t Happen Often in a Lifetime'
The U.S. meets No. 6-ranked Netherlands on June 5 in Amsterdam (2:30 p.m. ET - ESPN, WatchESPN, UniMas, UDN). The United States is seeking its first result in the series, having suffered four losses while scoring only a single goal.

Five days later, the USA faces 2014 FIFA World Cup champion Germany on June 10 in Cologne (Fox Sports 1, UniMas, UDN). The teams played in their final group game in Brazil last summer, with the Germans earning a 1-0 win. It’s been nine years since the last meeting on German soil, when the hosts then led by former coach Jurgen Klinsmann, cruised to a 4-1 win in Dortmund.

With the matches against Netherlands and Germany, the U.S. will have faced five teams in 2015 ranked in the top 20 in the world (Chile, Mexico, Switzerland are the other three), with four of those contests on away soil.

“Our time since the World Cup has been a transition period which now winds down before the Gold Cup,” said Klinsmann. “Playing against top teams like Germany and the Netherlands provides valuable experience, especially for the younger players here. More and more they must understand we come to meet these opponents eye to eye. Obviously it’s a bit tricky when we are without some of our core players, but that creates a huge opportunity for the guys here to benchmark themselves against some of the best players in the world. ”

The blend of youth and experience is evident. Eight players on the roster have 10 caps or less, while nine have made 20 appearances or more.

The United States will be without the services of three key players, as Toronto FC forward Jozy Altidore recovers from a hamstring injury and midfielder Alejandro Bedoya from a knee issue, and team captain Clint Dempsey remains in Seattle awaiting the birth of his fourth child.

U.S. ROSTER BY POSITION: Detailed Roster
GOALKEEPERS (3): Brad Guzan (Aston Villa), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake), William Yarbrough (Club Leon)
DEFENDERS (7): Ventura Alvarado (Club America), John Brooks (Hertha Berlin), Timmy Chandler (Eintracht Frankfurt), Brad Evans (Seattle Sounders FC), Michael Orozco (Puebla), Brek Shea (Orlando City SC), DeAndre Yedlin (Tottenham Hotspur)
MIDFIELDERS (8): Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Michael Bradley (Toronto FC), Mix Diskerud (New York City FC), Miguel Ibarra (Minnesota United FC), Fabian Johnson (Borussia Mönchengladbach), Jermaine Jones (New England Revolution), Alfredo Morales (Ingolstadt), Danny Williams (Reading)
FORWARDS (4): Juan Agudelo (New England Revolution), Aron Johannsson (AZ Alkmaar), Bobby Wood (1860 Munich), Gyasi Zardes (LA Galaxy)

Well I don't know about you guys but I'm going for a personal double trophy. Chelsea won the league and now my Santos Laguna in Mexico is playing in their final. Aggregate is 5-0 to us to celebrations all around. Hip hip hooray

IMHO, DeBruyne is the best young player in the world at the moment. That kid is amazing
Just found out he led all of Europe in total assists with 25+ or something like that. City needs to sell and scoop him up ASAP. Him or Firmino being the cheaper option. Don't really hear of other teams besides Bayern showing interest in KDB.

I would love for him to be back in the Premier League wearing a different shade of blue :pimp:

Just found out he led all of Europe in total assists with 25+ or something like that. City needs to sell and scoop him up ASAP. Him or Firmino being the cheaper option. Don't really hear of other teams besides Bayern showing interest in KDB.

I would love for him to be back in the Premier League wearing a different shade of blue :pimp:
City would stunt his growth just like they've done to every young talent that they've acquired.

City would stunt his growth just like they've done to every young talent that they've acquired.
Somewhat true be we aren't talking about the Adam Johnson, Balotelli, Scott Sinclair and Michael Richards of the world.

This guy can be gold. He's very attack minded and unlike Chelsea/Mourinho requiring him to track back, he would fit perfectly into Citys offense. From what ive seen so far dude doesn't have the brain of Balotelli so I don't see how he can fail unless Joe Hart takes his girl like what Courtois did to him in Chelsea :lol:

Somewhat true be we aren't talking about the Adam Johnson, Balotelli, Scott Sinclair and Michael Richards of the world.

This guy can be gold. He's very attack minded and unlike Chelsea/Mourinho requiring him to track back, he would fit perfectly into Citys offense. From what ive seen so far dude doesn't have the brain of Balotelli so I don't see how he can fail unless Joe Hart takes his girl like what Courtois did to him in Chelsea :lol:

:rofl:

Italian boy survives being trapped underwater for 42 minutes

An Italian boy who fell into a canal in Milan has survived despite being held underwater for as long as 42 minutes.

The 14-year-old, who is said to have jumped off a bridge in Cuggiono with five friends into water which was just 6.5-feet deep, was in hospital for a month, Time reported.

His heart stopped beating while he was in the water and he was assumed dead, until it was restarted with a defibrillator.

Even his rescue was an incredible feat - taking a team of people and fire service divers 42 minutes to form a human chain and drag him from the murky canal bed.

SYRIAN WOMAN WHO ALMOST DROWNED URGES UK TO HELP
VIDEO: INSIDE SYRIAN MIGRANT BOAT DURING RESCUE
SEA LION PULLS MAN WITH FISH INTO SAN DIEGO BAY

The teenager, who is half-German but has only been identified as 'Michael' by The Milan Chronicle, was attached to life support to enable his lungs and heart to recover and to keep his body oxygenated.

But after four weeks in hospital in San Raffaele, he is said to have woken, spoken to his parents and asked whether his favourite football team, Juventus, was still in the Champions League.

His doctor, Alberto Zangrillo - personal physician to the Italian prime minister Silvio Berlusconi - told Italian media that the boy's resuscitation was "the greatest satisfaction of my entire professional career" and said that the cold water had helped save his life because it caused a slow down of his vital functions.

The team also used a technique called extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) to extract oxygen-deprived blood, warm it up and add oxygen, before pumping it back into the body, The Times reported.

After 10 days of using the technique, which mimics the function of the heart, while Michael was in an induced coma, he survived.

“After 15 days we performed an MRI scan and his brain appeared OK,” said Dr Zangrillo.

His right leg had to be amputated below the knee due to circulation problems, but he is now said to be "alert", without brain damage, and remembers what happened before the accident.

Dr Zangrillo told a press conference: "The other day, he asked us for a mojito!

"He has recovered the spirit of the kid his parents and friends knew. He is a great guy, with uncommon intelligence. Every day I talk to him and joke."

He added: “There are very big question marks about the human brain. We don’t know its full possibilities. What we do know is that you should never give up.”

42 minutes?! Brought back from death with a defibrillator. Incredible.

Modern medicine.

If Rafa does take the reins at Madrid, it would be interesting to see if he brings Raheem to the club. He was instrumental in bringing him from the QPR youth program to Anfield.

Atleti said they Oliver Torres will be given a chance to compete with Arda Turan for a spot in the starting 11. This is the final year on Turan's contract with Atleti.

Jun 1, 2015 9:09:30 AM

European clubs are reportedly keeping tabs on Jurgen Klopp, but the ex-Borussia Dortmund coach is to take a break from football.

Jurgen Klopp has ruled out an immediate return to football after leaving Borussia Dortmund, confirming he will take an indefinite break.

Klopp bid an emotional farewell to Dortmund following a disappointing 3-1 defeat to Wolfsburg in Saturday's DFB-Pokal final.

Dortmund enjoyed great success under Klopp's stewardship — winning the Bundesliga twice and the DFB-Pokal in 2012, as well as reaching the 2013 UEFA Champions League final.

Klopp confirmed in April that he would end his seven-season stay at Signal Iduna Park, and has since been linked with several top European jobs.

But the 47-year-old believes it would be wrong to jump straight into a new challenge.

Klopp is quoted in the German media as saying: "After seven intense and emotional years, I think it makes sense to process the countless memories before, when I'm fresh and motivated, I take a new job with my coaching staff."

He mentioned he wasn't going to take a break when he announced his departure from Dortmund. Some pundits are saying big clubs haven't really considered Klopp & that he's been disappointed with the lack of interest...

I'd take Turan... fiesty mother asterisk

Klopp> Bayern. Pep> United :smokin

Turan played a sh*t ton of game & minutes this campaign but had very little to show for it in terms of goals & assists. I can't remember exactly what he finished with but I do remember seeing his appearances & minutes than looking at his goals & assists & thinking, "Damn, that's all you had?!?!"

I think Cholo played too conservatively this campaign. It started late last campaign but he started playing possession in games when he should've had hsi squad surge forward & try to score as many goals as they could have...

edit - Turan appeared in 46 games & logged 3,381 mins garnering only 3 goals & 6 assists... :rolleyes

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom