⛔️ {Thread is NOW CLOSED. New Football Thread, Link on Last Page.}⛔️

Should we start a new football thread?

• Yes... - Lets Start Fresh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah... - Lets Just Keep This Going

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
:x Fiorentina fired Vincenzo Montella. Basel coach Paulo Sousa is being rumored to replace Montella at the club. Montella was reluctant in signing a contract extension so they let him go... He did a great job with Fiorentina despite key players being injured during the campaign. He should be a great pick up for any club looking for a great young manager.

Last edited:
And the players do make the team. Don't see why you're bringing up basketball. Sure you need a coach to bring order but to say Enrique is a world class coach is over stepping. The stars just all aligned for him this season.

Tata wishes he could've had Count Dracula during his tenure word to Brandon freaking Rogers being a slip away from a PL title 
laugh.gif

I agreed that great players can make managers great not that Enrique is a bad coach or anything. Great managers make their players great imo. Nobody dismissed managing in general and he did a good job keeping his team fresh and playinng to their strengths but until I see him continuing this success consistently like a Mou,Pep or Simeone I can't call him a great coach just yet. 

The NBA comparison is apples to oranges and you know it man. 

We're really gonna act like even Citehs title squad from last season is half as deep as Barca? 
laugh.gif

At the end of the day even a great manager can be at the mercy of his players if his players aren't executing well as evidenced by this years Real squad.

Last edited:
I'm just saying he's brining up basketball yet we are in the footy thread. I know nothing about basketball so that comparison is meaningless to me. I'm just stating that Enrique did great at Barcelona B before coming to my beloved Roma. Where he did a poor job. The squad was weak and he was lacking experience. But now he has arguably the best team in the world and he wins it all.

I'm not arguing if Enrique is "world class" or not but a team full of talented players or a manager alone will not win championships/trophies.

There is a synergy of both that needs to take place (& a little luck). The rationale that anyone could've taken the reigns of this Barca team & won a treble is down right stupid.

Last edited:
Not saying anyone could have taken them that far. But come on man you could have coached them with that mentality and win the league at least

By that rationale Carlo should've won at least one trophy with Madrid this season. He had more than enough resources to cover For the loss of Modric. Again that logic is stupid.

Edit - also by the rationale given, Del Bosque should've certainly taken Spain much further than they went. He has access to one of the deepest pools of talent any manager has so why couldn't he achieve more?

Last edited:
I'll admit that I might've used hyperbole a little excessively by saying a handful of coaches could win the treble but I don't doubt that they'd have a good amount of success. Barca was reported to be in "crisis" at the start of the year only to deliver a treble after Enrique stopped pissing Leo off and let him do what he wanted on the pitch
laugh.gif
, while also integrating Dracula into that devastating trident. I'm just saying that it's a little too early to call a coach, who hadn't finished higher than 7th in domestic competition before joining Barca, great. Excuse the poor analogy but imo,he got the keys to a Ferrari and managed to stay on course enough of the time to finish the race.

*Del Bosque has already achieved just about everything with that deep talent pool though,basically right from the start as well 
laugh.gif
. Last years debacle was mainly due to him being loyal to a fault imo by sticking with many of his favorites that were past their primes. It's not that hard to believe that a younger,fresher Roja squad would've at least advanced past the group stage.

Last edited:
*Del Bosque has already achieved just about everything with that deep talent pool though,basically right from the start as well 
laugh.gif
. Last years debacle was mainly due to him being loyal to a fault imo by sticking with many of his favorites that were past their primes. It's not that hard to believe that a younger,fresher Roja squad would've at least advanced past the group stage.

just read a story saying ronaldinho is out at queretaro (sp?) and has begun talks with the galaxy to join immediately. ill definitely go catch some games if he comes here.

I wish I started watching soccer sooner to see Ronaldinho in his prime.

Pops tried but I wasn't having it :lol:

I only caught the tail end of his career at Milan

Jack Warner's long list of crimes also allegedly includes diverting $750,000 in funds raised to assist victims of the deadly earthquake that killed over 100,000 people.
A new report has reignited past claims that former FIFA vice president Jack Warner of Trinidad misappropriated Haiti earthquake relief funds in 2010, directing the money to his own accounts for his "personal use."

The BBC cites U.S. government documents that appear to indicate American prosecutors have studied transactions in which $750,000 from FIFA and the Korean Football Association made its way into accounts controlled by Warner, who is a central figure in the criminal probe based in the Eastern District of New York.

The atrocious accusations, first aired in 2012, were documented in a 144-page report from April 2013 commissioned by CONCACAF, the regional soccer federation that Warner led from 1990 to 2011, when he was ousted amid a bribery scheme.

"In February 2012, the TTFF (Trinidad & Tobago Football Federation) alleged that Warner misappropriated hundreds of thousands of dollars of funds donated to Haiti by FIFA and the Korea Football Association following the 2010 earthquake," said the report.

The BBC says it has seen documents in which U.S. investigators assert that evidence gathered in the four-year probe by the FBI and IRS indicates Warner received the funds in the TTFF account and that "at Warner's direction" they were deposited in his personal accounts.

It is just one of the crimes Warner is accused of perpetrating in his long reign as one of international soccer's most powerful power brokers. He has denied all wrongdoing, and has promised publicly to bring an "avalanche" of secrets down on FIFA and Sepp Blatter, the organization's president from 1998 until last Tuesday, when he announced his intention to resign. Warner has also threatened to implicate his own government, which holds the power over his extradition to the U.S.

Warner, along with 13 other FIFA representatives and sports marketing executives, is charged with wire fraud, money laundering and racketeering. Two of Warner's sons, Daryll and Daryan, pleaded guilty to felonies in Brooklyn federal court last year, and are cooperating in hope of a reduced sentence.

Warner's power within FIFA -- and, apparently, his extraordinary wealth -- came from his presidency of CONCACAF, the Caribbean and North American soccer federation where his second-in-command was American Chuck Blazer, who secretly pleaded guilty in 2013 and cooperated extensively with American law enforcement. Blazer's cooperation and the U.S. investigation out of the Eastern District was first reported by the Daily News in November of last year.

The dizzying web of accounts Warner and Blazer used to send, receive, and hide their millions have been well-mapped by the FBI and IRS, which had access to Blazer's first-hand knowledge of corruption within FIFA's top ranks. They include offshore accounts in places like the Cayman Islands and the Bahamas. An associate of Blazer's described to the Daily News how Blazer would regularly return from trips abroad with envelopes of cash.

A 2012 application for an arrest warrant for Daryan and Daryll Warner details their banking activity over 27 pages in which they appear to have flown from city to city and moved from bank to bank depositing sums of cash under $10,000 in order to evade bank transaction reporting requirements.

The application, which the IRS filed under seal, calls the activities of Warner's sons "a pattern of illegal activity involving more than $100,000 in a 12-month period." Through flight records and bank receipts, the document describes Daryan and Daryll visiting bank branches in Queens, Manhattan, Miami, and Las Vegas, depositing sums of approximately $9,900. In one seven-month span, the Warner boys made cash deposits totaling more than $600,000 in U.S. dollars, Russian rubles, Euros, and British pounds.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/s...0k-haiti-relief-fund-report-article-1.2252380

Last edited:
If that scumbag Warner wasn't a POS before this,he sure is now 
mean.gif
. Reminds me of that other fraud Wyclef 

Last edited:
I have no ill will in my body towards the Zeus of football himself :lol: :pimp: . Don't want to see him return to that other scumbag Berlusconi though
I'm sorry, when I initially saw your message I didn't see Warner. I just saw scumbag and thought you were coming at Zlatans Neck.

Brah, I need a Zlatan PSG kit asap. Preferably a 2013 home.

I really hope it's just a rumor. :smh:

Back
Top Bottom