⛔️ {Thread is NOW CLOSED. New Football Thread, Link on Last Page.}⛔️

Should we start a new football thread?

• Yes... - Lets Start Fresh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah... - Lets Just Keep This Going

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Yankee stadium is terrible for this. Should have just built a small stadium at the site of old Yankee stadium.

Last edited:
I'm not from a big city but I don't get how a city that has 2 teams just has thousands of fans out of nowhere...like were they not fans of the Red Bulls before this season? Did they just wake up one day and be like I'm gonna root for for New York City football?

I'm not from a big city but I don't get how a city that has 2 teams just has thousands of fans out of nowhere...like were they not fans of the Red Bulls before this season? Did they just wake up one day and be like I'm gonna root for for New York City football?

Yankee name plays a part imo

RUMOR: Swansea City board continue quest to buy every black striker with dreads as they close in on Eder for reported €7m.

Eder.jpg

Last edited:
@football_oranje Kolbeinn Sigthorsson has agreed to join French side Nantes. Ajax will receive €3 million. (via @MikeVerweij )
PSV and Ajax battle Liverpool for Barcelona youngster http://www.football-oranje.com/psv-and-ajax-battle-liverpool-for-barcelona-youngster/
Sunderland have made a bid for Dutch winger Jeremain Lens according to ESPN.
@mattspiro #MCFC expected to clinch signing of Monaco & Brazil right back Fabinho in the coming days. Two clubs close to agreeing on fee, say L'Equipe
@MLSTransfers Confirmed: RB Leipzig and Stuttgart coaches will be in attendance today. Supposedly both viewing Matt Miazga. Source: Swansea also viewing @MattMiazga3 today.
@ESPNFC According to @TaylorTwellman, MLS owners are working on mechanism to bring Gio dos Santos and Javier "Chicharito" Hernandez to the league.

Honestly the Red Bulls are more Jersey than anything :lol:

I never ever cared for them but I will go to a NYCFC game in the future, would never go to jersey to watch the red bulls. Guess convenience is a major part of it too, New York is a big place.

Timbers fans, we finally got that league win over Seattle! :pimp: Nagbe FINALLY with his first goal of the season :pimp:

Last edited:
@mattspiro La Provence claim Cabella has asked his people to find him a way out of #Newcastle. Spain his first choice, but #Marseille the first to show
:lol:
Honestly the Red Bulls are more Jersey than anything :lol:

I never ever cared for them but I will go to a NYCFC game in the future, would never go to jersey to watch the red bulls. Guess convenience is a major part of it too, New York is a big place.

There's always been Red Bull fans, more so once Henry joined. Would have loved to see him mix up the NYCFC defense today.
Getting to to Red Bull area is a trip coming from Long Island. LIRR, hop on the NJ line and you can take a shuttle or walk to the arena from the Harrison station. About an hour and a half of traveling. Driving there is another pain.

WHAT DOES ENGLAND’S PLUNDERING OF THE BUNDESLIGA MEAN FOR THE FUTURE?

Liverpool’s €41 million signing of Roberto Firmino has certainly grabbed the headlines this week as the Brazilian’s move set a new record for a transfer fee paid to a German club.

The accountants at Hoffenheim will be pleased, but does the financial clout of the English Premier League pose serious consequences for the Bundesliga?

The sale of Firmino to Liverpool is the biggest move to take place this summer so far, but if the transfer speculation is to be believed, he won’t be the last Bundesliga star to make his way to England.

The names of Bastian Schweinsteiger, Ilkay Gundogan, Pierre-Emerik Aubameyang, Kevin De Bruyne and Mats Hummels have all been linked with a big-money move to the Premier League.

It’s not just the big teams being targeted. 1. FC Köln lost Kevin Wimmer to Tottenham, Hannover’s Joselu went to Stoke, Mainz sold striker Shinji Okazaki for €10 million to Leicester City, while Augsburg’s Baba Rahman is being tipped for a big-money move too.

It comes as no surprise that clubs from England are flexing their financial muscle when you look at the massive sums they will be gaining from the new TV deal they signed in February. From 2016 until 2019 the clubs will share around €3.2 billion per season, whereas Bundesliga in comparison will bring in around €835 million- just a quarter of the Premier League’s bounty.

Queens Park Rangers, who finished bottom of the Premier League last season amazingly received €35 million more in TV revenue than German champions Bayern Munich. A gap? A gulf? A chasm? Call it what you will, but there have to be consequences surely.

Panic

The DFL have already made it clear that they will not be able to match the English TV money, but that unpopular measures may have to be considered in order to at least compete.

“We find ourselves in a cut-throat competition of leagues” DFL CEO Christian Seifert said recently. “That’s why we need an honest discussion in the league. Are we facing the new TV contract ready, if necessary, to take unpopular measures to keep the best players in the world in the Bundesliga?”
Wolfsburg sporting director Klaus Allofs also believes the Bundesliga will have to get creative to compete. “There are ways and means to improve the financial situation. Whether it happens now with a Monday game, with 12 o’clock kick-offs, or the relocation of the Sportschau (on ARD) it needs to be discussed openly”.

Those changes won’t go down well with Bundesliga traditionalists and the group ProFans have already written an open letter to the DFL urging no further changes to kick-off times.

Don’t panic

Others though don’t see a reason to be unduly worried by the fact that the Premier League is able to outmuscle the Bundesliga financially. The Editor-in-chief of renowned sports magazine Kicker Jörg Jakob sees positives in the current situation.

“Sure, the Bundesliga is afraid that English clubs can come in and buy many of the best players. But on the other side the money can be used for player development and to improve training facilities,” he argued.

“It was always the case that the English clubs have had more money, certainly over the last ten to 15 years. But I don’t see any great threat.

“No English club has reached the Champions League final in the last few years – money doesn’t necessarily equal success,” Jakob concluded.

@ESPNFC According to @TaylorTwellman, MLS owners are working on mechanism to bring Gio dos Santos and Javier "Chicharito" Hernandez to the league.
what the hell does this even mean, "mechanism"??

Like does the MLS not have the money to bring them over?

I hope so badly for this to happen 
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

what the hell does this even mean, "mechanism"??

Like does the MLS not have the money to bring them over?

I hope so badly for this to happen :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

:lol:
I'm sure it's not just money, they both have years in them....aside from money what can the MLS offer them

I get the reasoning for MLS to want them, but I don't see them wanting to play in the MLS.

With that being said
They would be great as the faces of the LAFC

Last edited:
@SkySportsNewsHQ: BREAKING: Chinese club Guangzhou Evergrande confirm signing of Paulinho from Tottenham for £9.8m

Red Bulls is Jersey's team. To most NYCers, we had no team. I have no idea why the Red Bulls still have New York in their name.

Back
Top Bottom