⛔️ {Thread is NOW CLOSED. New Football Thread, Link on Last Page.}⛔️

Should we start a new football thread?

• Yes... - Lets Start Fresh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah... - Lets Just Keep This Going

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Nothing better than an English premadonna trying to influence Scottish folks.

That letter alone would make me vote Yes. :lol:

Beckham imploring Scots to vote no this Thursday...

Dear voters of Scotland,

I have been very fortunate in my career to have fulfilled most of my childhood dreams. However, the achievement that gave me the most pride was to captain and play for my country. I saw that same pride and passion in every Scottish player and fan whenever we played each other, it was a common bond that I have always related to and admired.

Representing the United Kingdom with our Olympic bid I felt that same pride and passion. We worked together to bring the greatest sporting event of them all to our nation and I was thrilled to watch us competing together against the world. I took as much satisfaction in seeing Sir Chris Hoy or Andy Murray win gold as I did watching Jess Ennis and Mo Farah do the same in the Olympic Stadium.

The decision on whether to leave our shared country is, of course, down to you, it is not my intention to tell you what to do. Nevertheless, that decision will have a huge effect on each and every one of us in the United Kingdom.

We want to let you know how very much we value our relationship and friendship. Of course regardless of your decision that will never change, however, my sincere hope is that you will vote to renew our historic bond which has been such a success over the centuries and the envy of the entire world.

What unites us is much greater than what divides us. Let’s stay together.

David Beckham

They are pulling out all the stops and he's trying to pull at the heart strings of diehard football fans. From a footballing perspective having a team Great Britain like they did with the olympics makes faaar more sense if the goal is to win something, larger pool of players to choose from.

Morrison, Nasmith, etc + Ramsey, Bale etc +, Sterling, Sturridge, etc

Would be a squad with a chance at achieving something with the right manager.

Its been motioned in parliament before aswell...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-form-United-Kingdom-team-claims-Tory-MP.html

With all that said it would never happen in a million years though :lol:

Bergkamp > Cantona.
Henry > Bergkamp

The Ronaldo rumours have started to gain steam. This is the same Sky Sports reporter that first reported/confirmed The Di Maria and Flacao moves...
nerd.gif

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...naldo-return-to-manchester-united-is-in-place

Went to watch Leicesters U21 tonight.

We lost 2-0, Tom Lawrence and Nick Powell played, to get some game time under their belts I guess.

I wasn't impressed with either of then tonight, but I still have a lot of faith.

Henry > Bergkamp

I could get with that...

I wonder if Thierry will retire or move to another MLS side...

I think he'll retire and eventually work at Arsenal 5-10 years after. He loves NY but who knows. It's gonna be such a struggle to replace him :smh:

Idk if this was mentioned but Anelka joined Mumbai City FC. Freddie Ljungberg is on his team. Robert Pires is on another team in the Indian league

Also Depay is out injured, I think for about 6 weeks :smh:

I wouldn't mind seeing him continue to play,he definitely still has it at 37 
smokin.gif

He'll probably retire though,I think he's more than happy with what he's achieved in New York. His time at Arsenal will always be appreciated 
pimp.gif

Speaking of under 21-s,Januzaj ended up with a hat trick for the U-21's vs sunderland 
smokin.gif

Last edited:
Reading that Ronaldo story (I don't think their has ever been an instance in his RM career where the rumour could be more possible of him going back to United than now) - Wow I forgot Arjen Robben was on Real Madrid when Ronaldo came.

I wonder if that would have worked tho. They probably never would have went after Di Maria. It they could have used Robben that first season.

Henry > Bergkamp

The Ronaldo rumours have started to gain steam. This is the same Sky Sports reporter that first reported/confirmed The Di Maria and Flacao moves...
nerd.gif

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...naldo-return-to-manchester-united-is-in-place
Let's hope.  If it doesn't happen this summer, it never will. CR7 knows something crazy is about to happen in ManU.  Only problem is will Perez sell? Doubtful, probably have to give him top dollar and a certain young Belgium he wants.  Spanish papers about to run this story tomorrow going to be nothing but distractions for them. I Hope they get bounced in the group stage and Woodward makes it rain on the capital. 
laugh.gif

Let's hope.  If it doesn't happen this summer, it never will. CR7 knows something crazy is about to happen in ManU.  Only problem is will Perez sell? Doubtful, probably have to give him top dollar and a certain young Belgium he wants.  Spanish papers about to run this story tomorrow going to be nothing but distractions for them. I Hope they get bounced in the group stage and Woodward makes it rain on the capital. 
laugh.gif
I think he could be persuaded to sell for the right amount. From their POV,it'd be a smart move to sell him while they can still get peak value for him because his future might be a bit uncertain with his knee problems. No point in trying to force him to stay if he's become unhappy. It would do more harm than good for the team. I can't help but laugh the whole situation since all of Real's problems have been self inflicted.

You gotta love the Spanish media,here's a vid of Ronaldo kicking James out of his group during training set to dramatic music 
roll.gif
. Looking like he just got kicked out of the cool kids table 
laugh.gif

Damn you rck! I scrolled down real quick and thought that Gus Johnson really died 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Some sources are reporting that he'd want £500k per week on a new contract 
sick.gif
, others say that Real would be satisfied with a £75m deal. I'd say that something in the region of £400k per week should be enough. He probably wants that "highest earning" title back from Messi and Bale 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
nice to see chicharito getting along with his team mates.

IDK, I think to train with CR7 7 & co. you kinda have to prove yourself.

James wants to walk into, arguably, the core of Real Madrid.

You gotta earn that right.

I'm sure Bale earned his stripes.

it be like that sometimes, b.

No joke, but I seriously feel that if RM puts Ronaldo for sale, PSG is gonna enter the bidding war with united.

They skipped out on Di Maria because of the regulations, but I'm sure they'll unload to get Ronaldo in their team.

However, United have a better chance of landing him because of history.

Last edited:
Don't know how I got off tomorrow, but my body is ready for Champions League. More excited than a threesome with Fanny and Raff.

So.. Finally back from the most amazing weekend of my adult life.. Got a bunch of photos to post.. and once i get the videos from my boy i will post them as well..

Me and two of my friends (one a city fan, the other a united) flew into Manchester Saturday morning.. went straight from the airport to Mary D's Bemish Bar for the MCFC vs Arsenal game (my boy insisted on it and we all wanted to see the game). Any city fans on here should deff check it out, had a decent atmosphere with surprisingly friendly locals.. imagine would be nuts during a home game.. From there we went straight to Old trafford for the tour/museum. Highly recommend to any united fan or footie fan in general, only complaint is they kinda rush you through the tour and don't really take the time to let it all sink in.. Was able to sit in managers chair, go in locker room, etc.. After the tour we wanted to catch the rest of the liverpoool game and then watch Madrid derby so we walked 3 mins up the road to the Bishop Blaize (top pub for United fans).. was able to celebrate the pool loss in style.. Next day got up early and took my city supporting friend to the eitihad stadium tour.. which was :smokin. He kept reminding us how much nicer his stadium was and then i reminded him why its called OLD Trafford. But all in all was really impressed by citys amenities (directors suite was amazing) as well as how their tour was carried out.. but united accommodates about 4x as many tours as citys daily so i can see The need to cycle through quickly.. (anyone want pics of etihad lmk, i didnt take any but can get them from my boy). From there we went straight to old Trafford for the game.. got there bout 3 hours before kick off. went to The Trafford (bishop blaize was entirely too full but Trafford is across the street) Amazing atmosphere in the beer garden felt amazing to be around so many reds.. after few pints went into the game. We had hospitality/executive tickets so we had access to our own bar, and recieved free gifts during halftime.. The feeling around OT all weekend had been amazing, and could totally feel it through out the entire game.. we didnt stop singing the entire game.. Falcao's song prolly the most popular. Ive never seen a player have such an effect on a stadium.. I'm sure he felt at home right away. Even my buddy who went to the city/stoke game earlier this month admitted united's atmosphere was 10x better.. After game went back to the Bishop Blaize to celebrate.. phone died bout 10 mins into the game but will get more pics and videos from my boy and post up soon if anyone is interested..

Sidenote-- so many ppl kept asking me if i was related to Rojo.. after a while i just started going with it :rofl:

SORRY FOR Long post but man I'm still BUZZIN..

will post videos and more pics if you guys want.. some are hilarious due to high levels of intoxication :smokin

Last edited:
Good stuff, that sounds like an absolutely amazing time 
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
. I also see the Rojo resemblance,on point 
laugh.gif
. The drunk pics sound funny...
nerd.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom