⛔️ {Thread is NOW CLOSED. New Football Thread, Link on Last Page.}⛔️

Should we start a new football thread?

• Yes... - Lets Start Fresh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah... - Lets Just Keep This Going

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Listening to TalkSport this morning, they reported Liverpool are now in the running for Jay Rodriguez since the Remy transfer crumbled.

What on earth is going on with the Valencia sale? Singapore billionare Peter Lim was supposed to buy the club but it seems to be dragging on... There was a rumor he had turned his attention to possibly buying Malaga.

The Valencia situation has been a huge mess for years now, from starting to build a new stadium without selling the Mestalla (which is now on hold), 4-5 potential new owners, Numerous managers, Bizarre transfers

I hope they get this mess sorted, would really like to see Valencia back up challenging for the league, they have such a good fan base and history

Really want to dip into futbol some more and pick a team to follow and support.

Not sure who :nerd:

Going to start watching Red Bull games more cause they are the local but outside the US :nerd:

Non biased I would say check out the English Premier League, The US seems to have pretty good coverage of the league now and you could keep a good grasp of the league as they seem to show quite a few games,

Do you have any particluar players or cities in England (or Europe) you like?

Last edited:
Listening to TalkSport this morning, they reported Liverpool are now in the running for Jay Rodriguez since the Remy transfer crumbled.

What on earth is going on with the Valencia sale? Singapore billionare Peter Lim was supposed to buy the club but it seems to be dragging on... There was a rumor he had turned his attention to possibly buying Malaga.

The Valencia situation has been a huge mess for years now, from starting to build a new stadium without selling the Mestalla (which is now on hold), 4-5 potential new owners, Numerous managers, Bizarre transfers

I hope they get this mess sorted, would really like to see Valencia back up challenging for the league, they have such a good fan base and history

Isn't the stadium construction just sitting there now with nothing having been done for like 2 years? Unbelievable... :smh:

:x

Apparently, Reus has rejected Dortmund's latest contract extension offer & is now open to leaving... United, Barca, & Bayern are supposed to be interested.

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/m...n-bvb-star-geht-wieder-los-37012710.bild.html

Also seeking an infusion of capitol/cash, Dortmund is looking to sell 5% of the club to a long term investor so they can be a little more level financially with Bayern. They already sold 9% to Evonik Industries back in June.

http://www.standard.co.uk/business/...club-to-bridge-bayern-munich-gap-9633482.html

Seeing all these teams collapsing and re-tooling always gets me. Though I have to say I'm enjoying certain teams struggles :nerd:

The fact that we're in the PL again just became very real.

image.jpg

image.jpg

:D

PSG cause of their shirts :lol: :smh:

Bayern Munich cause I enjoy the way Germany plays the game.

Nothing wrong with getting into a team because you like the jerseys, It's the small things like that which sway you to a team,
PSG will be a major force in World Football for the next few years with the Arab money they have got behind them,

The PSG shirts are dope, I remember buying the 1998 home jersey after seeing Jay Jay Okocha wearing it,
I have last years player version, one of my grails :smokin

If you play FIFA that often helps people pick teams aswell

Isn't the stadium construction just sitting there now with nothing having been done for like 2 years? Unbelievable... :smh:

l

Yeah it is a mess, they have had architects re-***** the whole plans mid build :smh:

Speaking of getting money, Tim Howard signed a new multi-year deal with Everton a few months back and now has a multi-year deal to work with NBC too. Will be involved with the TV broadcast on up to 10 games this season.

In the last thread, someone asked about young German strikers for the NT & I forgot about Bremen's Davie Selke. He is the U19 UEFA tournament's leading scorer so far with 6 goals.

Also keep an eye out for Eintracht Frankfurt's attacking mid Marc Stendera. He's been an absolute beast for Marcus Sorg's side. Below are highlights of Germany's domination of Austria...

Germany faces Portugal Thursday in the final. Should be a great game.

For some of the noobs (hope you aren't oompa loompas
eyes.gif
), here are some good football podcasts;

- Men In Blazers
- The Times TheGame podcast ft. Gab Marcotti
- The Guardian's Football Weekly ft. James Richardson
- The Football Ramble (I swear NTer @HEGGSY is someone on the panel
laugh.gif
)
- Sky Sports La Liga Weekly
- The Spanish Football podcast ft. Phil Kitromilides & Sid Lowe.
I just added The Football Ramble to my podcast rotation a few months ago 
nthat.gif

I'll give The Guardian's Football Weekly a shot.

Never could get into Gab's pod for whatever reason 
ohwell.gif

My strong dislike for Alexi Lalas and Twellman aside, I enjoy ESPN Red Head, Big Head..... especially since its a US Soccer-centric pod. 

No he hasn't recovered, he wouldn't be expected to start anyway. The one year Liverpool spend big they spend on World Cup hype. Origi is suppose to be the "Remy" replacement as well.

Origi is being loaned back to Lille for the upcoming campaign...

Really want to dip into futbol some more and pick a team to follow and support.

Not sure who :nerd:

Going to start watching Red Bull games more cause they are the local but outside the US :nerd:

definitely start with the EPL, man. very easy to catch games here in the US and it's pretty exciting soccer. as for a team, just watch a few games with different teams and see who grows on you.

Hull signed Livermore, Snodgrass, and Ince. Ehhhhh....

With Europa games to deal with, I figure they'll be in the same spot Swansea was last year.
But I'm thinking that nearly half the league might be truly awful this year, so no certainly that they'll go down.

Back
Top Bottom