⛔️ {Thread is NOW CLOSED. New Football Thread, Link on Last Page.}⛔️

Should we start a new football thread?

• Yes... - Lets Start Fresh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah... - Lets Just Keep This Going

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
indifferent.gif

After fighting ulcerative colitis, it's a miracle he's even playing football again, let alone in the prem...
Yea I was pretty surprised,those might have been his first minutes all season. I don't even think he's played for Scotland yet this year. There was only 1 actual defender at the back during those final minutes 
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Last edited:
^ Indeed.  

Welp, wasn't the prettiest of performances, but it's a cleansheet and 3 points! 

Wait....wait....WAIT.....more importantly.....today....Burnley actually WON a match :lol: still in dead last....but if I'm right, they're still on track for performing worse than Derby's PL season (2007?) in which they were the worst team ever in the PL....(Derby only won one match all season long)

One of the main reasons about the need for CL football next year. I don't know how much longer they can hold on to him away from Real if we finish outside the top 4 again this year.
I'm not convinced of this 4-1-4-1 formation...
Utd dominated possession but there was a clear lack of goalscoring chances created...
Agreed about the 4-1-4-1,wouldn't mind seeing the 4-3-3 again with Wilson or Rooney in RVP's place. I'd also like to see Herrera starting,we've been missing some creativity in the midfield lately. They did have enough chances earlier on in the game but no one could finish. From Adnan,RVP,Fellaini and even Rooney,they all had off days. Here's hoping that Jones and Evans are on their way back soon.

Last edited:
heggsy heggsy my man....what's really going on over there? I know one win can take you right out of that danger zone...but when I see Burnley, Newcastle, Swansea, West Brom and Southampton, I feel like Lester could have nicked 3 points somewhere in there.

I guess with Blunderland, QPR, and Villa somewhere in your next 6, that much needed W could come up...

heggsy heggsy my man....what's really going on over there? I know one win can take you right out of that danger zone...but when I see Burnley, Newcastle, Swansea, West Brom and Southampton, I feel like Lester could have nicked 3 points somewhere in there.

I guess with Blunderland, QPR, and Villa somewhere in your next 6, that much needed W could come up...

DOWN WITH THE BURNLEY WE'RE GOING DOWN WITH THE BURNLEY DOWN WITH THE BURNLEYYYYYY!! :lol:

Basically as of right now, Pearson believes our best set up is a 4-1-2-1-2 diamond with no wingers, wide CMs in their place, they're 4 very able passers of the ball, but it doesn't work. There's no creativity, no width, no pace. Nothing. And he continues to stick with it.

We have Mahrez and Knockaert, two very very good creative wingers with pace, but they can't get a look in. It's frustrating. It really is, don't get me wrong I love Pearson, he's the one who got us here and he should get his time, I just wish he'd wake up and realise that the team he believes to be are best XI, is absolutely nowhere near.

To go from beating United from 3-1 down, to getting one point against fellow relegation candidates since then, is frustrating as hell.

Last edited:
So wait... with that Hart's two touches... doesn't QPR get the ball back or something?  Isn't it a mistake by Hart?  Not sure what the exact rule is. 

The hell is wrong with Joe Hart? Boo this man! Put in Caballero, resign Pantillimon, go find Shay Given's old corpse somewhere in Ireland!!!

i deff wouldn't say we struggled today but not our prettiest game.. but ill take them 3 points

I'm with you lot, i do not like this 1 striker formation.. haven't looked the same without Herrera and two upfront. feel like the two strikers stretch the defense and allow di maria plenty of space to operate. I am hoping falcao can recover for Arsenal. Never been this happy for an international break.

Shaw has been so solid man..

Last edited:
Again like I've been saying. Kun Aguero should be on the player of the year shortlist.

United should trade Falcao for Aguero

i deff wouldn't say we struggled today but not our prettiest game.. but ill take them 3 points

I'm with you lot, i do not like this 1 striker formation.. haven't looked the same without Herrera and two upfront. feel like the two strikers stretch the defense and allow di maria plenty of space to operate. I am hoping falcao can recover for Arsenal. Never been this happy for an international break.

Shaw has been so solid man..

this needs to be said... :pimp:
slowly but surely he's showing why Utd paid big money for him...

Why not? Falcao was a real Madrid target in the summer window. He still fetches a high price because of his performances at atleti. The deal is possible as long as Falcao shows some flashes from time to time in order for citeh to want to take the risk on him
There isn't a manager/board in the world that would approve that deal.

Back
Top Bottom