⛔️ {Thread is NOW CLOSED. New Football Thread, Link on Last Page.}⛔️

Should we start a new football thread?

• Yes... - Lets Start Fresh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah... - Lets Just Keep This Going

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Fernando Palomo pronouncing Memphis' name like he's Indian... :lol:

Wow, El Tri scores again... Entertaining match....:smokin Vela with a brace right?

That left foot was pure class...

Last edited:
I want the diet that the likes of Robben & Tevez eat....

Got damn Chicha... That was beautiful... Just beautiful... :smokin

GRASSROOTS INITIATIVE - 12.11.2014 14:00FC BAYERN & GPS ANNOUNCE YOUTH PARTNERSHIP IN THE US

FC Bayern Munich and Global Premier Soccer (GPS) have announced an extensive partnership that will bring Bayern’s famed Youth Academy to more than 55,000 kids in the United States. The grassroots initiative is the next step in FC Bayern’s commitment to engage the wider US soccer community. It will bring its youth development knowledge, including its coaches, curriculum, official uniforms and most importantly, principles and culture, to more than 55,000 kids and 5000 coaches in over 75 GPS-supported clubs across 11 states.

FC Bayern has developed a number of current World Cup champions through its Youth Academy including Bastian Schweinsteiger, Philipp Lahm and Thomas Müller, and the same training that helped shape their development will now be available to kids in the United States. Through the partnership with GPS, FC Bayern’s Youth Academy coaches will be in the US on a regular basis to facilitate a real know-how transfer to GPS coaches as well as to provide ongoing access to FC Bayern’s Youth Academy curriculum. FC Bayern will also establish Player Identification Programs throughout the US to identify players that will go on trial in Germany every summer.

“I arrived at FC Bayern’s academy at the age of 11 and everything was already set up very professionally. Without the youth team I couldn’t have achieved everything I’ve achieved so far,” said Bayern captain Philipp Lahm. Just as Lahm got his start early, FC Bayern and GPS are hoping to provide kids in the US with the same skillset and platform to reach their potential. “The soccer education of a world champion player starts at a very young age, which is why it is important to provide kids with exceptional training early in their development, as we have done at FC Bayern Munich’s Youth Academy for decades,” noted Wolfgang Dremmler, Head of FC Bayern Munich Youth Academy.

In July 2014, FC Bayern opened a US office in New York City to expand its footprint in the US and engage the millions of fans living there, including one of the most important fan groups there is, kids. “We are excited to partner with GPS, a leader in the youth soccer space, on this first of many initiatives we will be undertaking to foster a deeper connection with not only Bayern fans but all soccer fans in the US,” said Rudolf Vidal, Managing Director of Bayern’s US office.

The partnership will give GPS a unique platform to provide expert training that will benefit thousands of young kids in multiple ways, as CEO Joe Bradley pointed out, “The fact that 5 players in the starting 11 for Germany at the World Cup came through the FC Bayern Youth Academy speaks for itself. It is also important to note that Bayern also has a professional women’s team, and we look forward to the impact of this partnership on both our male and female players.”

About GPSFounded in 2001, GPS is one of the largest and most successful soccer organizations in the United States and provides player development programming in 11 states. Their mission is to establish a new and unique player development model in the US and produce players who can compete at the highest level of world soccer. Find out more about GPS here.

Germany is really trying to make a come up on untapped US soccer potentials.

In return we (hopefully) get soccer playing machines that can contribute to the national team.

View media item 1258161

he's back!

what a match, I missed the first half, but secondhalf was pure entertainment.

Sub'ing el tecatito was such a great move from Herrera.

Dude's assist was straight piff.

I'm really happy Mexico's most prolific forward is back on board.

Jimenez is really disappointing me when he's sub'd in. Loses the ball too easily trying to dribble through every defender.

Granted, the dutch defense was straight buns this match, but Jimenez is not on that level to be dribbling through everybody like that.

Tecatito was impressive, good passes, good dribbles, only fault is that he's too easy to throw around. Couple of times he was able to dribble through, but lost the ball when it came time to body the opponent out of the way.

Oh well, mexico looks great with Vela.

I'm guessing el tecatito will be sent to Copa America, idk if Jimenez will make the Gold Cup squad or go to copa america, hmmm....

I was also disappointed in Jimenez, I feel like he has the tools to be successful at Athletico and the NT but needs to figure his **** out

Yea, I'm hoping dude is just homesick or something at atletico because he's not getting any minutes there either :x

Not only that, but Cholo didn't even take him to the previous CL match, he's not in form right now.

What a great day, I'm hoping friday's match is as good as today's.

Has Klinnsmenn realsed his chosen squad for friday yet?

I'm going to have to buy that captain america jersey. I don't want to regret not buying it after they discontinue the jersey like I do when I think about that waldo jersey :smh:

Good for Vela coming back. Congrats Mexicans. I can only see his game flourishing further under the tactical genius of David Moyes.

Louie with the humble brag.

Oh, imagine Vela & Alexis Sanchez together up front or playing opposite wings :x. Good Job Wenger!! Joel Campbell sees himself getting the Vela treatment that's why he wants out of Arsenal.

Keep playing Welbeck tho Wenger :lol:

Back
Top Bottom