Should we start a new football thread?

• Yes... - Lets Start Fresh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah... - Lets Just Keep This Going

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hoping to see him in Red eventually 
smokin.gif

Skip to the 5 minute mark to see a 12yr Memphis killing it in what looks like some Jordan's III.  My son trains with a academy in Napa on Fridays and in December  the PSV youth skills coach came and trained them for three days.

Something a little different, but I thought this was fascinating...

After the 1931 FA Cup final (West Brom 2-1 Birmingham) ...the two captains plus the ref sit down for a cordial cup of tea...

Could you imagine Jose & Wenger doing this? 
laugh.gif

Last edited:

Something a little different, but I thought this was fascinating...

After the 1931 FA Cup final (West Brom 2-1 Birmingham) ...the two captains plus the ref sit down for a cordial cup of tea...

Could you imagine Jose & Wenger doing this? 
laugh.gif

Well that was awkward. 
laugh.gif

@psk2310
 Thoughts on the new technical commission? They didn't just hire one guy to replace Zubi, they hired 4 haha

Sup Lucho. Hope you & the family are well...

With regards to the new "technical commission", I don't think too much of it. Barto is playing the Frank Underwood role (House Of Cards). Not sure if you've watched the Netflix series but I don't trust anything the dirty politician does. He was Rosell's trusted right hand man. Hiring a committee is kinda pointless because the coming election should bring about new leadership who will most likely sack everyone involved in the Rosell/Barto regimes. Barto is making moves in the interest of self preservation for he & his cronies rather than what's good for the club.

Jordi Mestre & Javier Bordas have no experience in football whatsoever & it's typical of non football persons making decisions regarding football matters. These guys were "brought on" for their "business backgrounds" & have never worked in anything football related aside from watching matches. :rolleyes Totally stupid & typical of this era of "leadership". Their appointment makes zero sense. Plus rumor is that Jordi Mestre is like a sith lord waiting in darkness ready to strike out against the Force like Rosell.

Carles Rexach... Much has been made of his discovery of Messi & the legendary napkin contract but I think he's a little too old to be holding a position like this. I appreciate the contribution to the club & his historical place, but this screams of reaching for a name from the past to appease Cules.

Ariedo Braida helped orchestrate a great era for the Rossoneri but this again screams reaching for a name to try & appease Cules. Rumors are flying he's already trying to bring in the likes of Pogba & if he can't get him, his second target is Marco Verratti. He's targeting MFs but the question is what will we do with all the MFs Barca has now on the first team, out on loan, & on the B squad?

If anything the club should use this period to evaluate the youth players it has on the first team, B, Juvenil A, & Juvenil B to figure out who is worthy of playing with the first team at some point. For those not deemed worthy enough, they need to be sold off & those the club aren't sure about need to be loaned out.

I kinda like the transfer because it gives a unique opportunity to evaluate the talent the club has from the B team & below. The problem is I don't trust anyone at this point under the current leadership to make these evaluations.

I just find it weird that Monchi from Sevilla (Antonio Fernendez) was interested in the job early last year, then when he was rumored to have been offered the job by Barto, he declined.

With all that said, I can't wait until the new elections occur. I just hope the answer isn't Laporta. :rolleyes :smh: Revisiting or reliving history is never a good thing.

Edit - BTW, proud to report my son's U11 team came in runner's up in a local indoor tournament which had some stiff competition. We lost the championship game 1-3 to an elite club that travels nationally to Cali, Arizona, Florida, etc. My son had a beautiful assist coming from the wing. He had this step over move got around one defender & then did this turn around move with the ball drawing the second defender away from his team mate & just passed the ball to him for an easy goal. Proud of my son & his teammates.

View media item 1401668

Last edited:
It's been goals galore in the Bundesliga so far this week 
eek.gif
. We had the BVB-Mainz 4-2 game yesterday, Wolfsburg beat Bayer 5-4 earlier and Bayern finished putting 8 passed Hamburg not long ago 
sick.gif
. Their squad is already scary as it is but man do they play on another level when Muller is on it. 

Congrats to the lil man and his squad psk
smokin.gif
,happy to hear that his hard work ended up paying off.

Last edited:
My girl busy doing her hair for tonight so im watching the madrid game :lol:

Isco :pimp:

So Lucas Moura, Marquinhos, Cabaye, Aurier, Maxwell, Matuido, and Pastore all (potentially) out for PSG's UCL match with Chelsea on Tuesday?

I need a gif of Mou's celebration at Liverpool last year... :lol:

Back
Top Bottom