⛔️ {Thread is NOW CLOSED. New Football Thread, Link on Last Page.}⛔️

Should we start a new football thread?

• Yes... - Lets Start Fresh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah... - Lets Just Keep This Going

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I would've counted Sturridge but he's missed a lot of games this campaign. I hate how Rogers has used Coutinho this campaign but you haven't heard a peep as far as complaints coming from Philippe...

It's sad really, because in the John Henry era, Liverpool has spent £200 mill in the transfer market & there hasn't been too many players that have had great impact. Whoever is sitting on this so called Transfer Committee at the club needs to be fired.

Liverpool's attack looked better when Sturridge came on in the 2nd half against Arsenal, I think it may be the thing Raheem needs to start scoring more.

I would've counted Sturridge but he's missed a lot of games this campaign. I hate how Rogers has used Coutinho this campaign but you haven't heard a peep as far as complaints coming from Philippe...

It's sad really, because in the John Henry era, Liverpool has spent £200 mill in the transfer market & there hasn't been too many players that have had great impact. Whoever is sitting on this so called Transfer Committee at the club needs to be fired.

I hear you, I mean besides Suarez and when Sturridge is actually fit, throw in Sterling from QPR's academy, what other signing have Liverpool made that was a real quality signing?

Good luck to the Montreal Impact playing their 2nd leg of the semis vs Alajuelense in Costa Rica....

Champions League :smokin

I think Moreno & Lallana will be fine. I just don't understand how Lallana played so well at Southampton & kinda buns at Anfield. :rolleyes (there is sarcasm in there).

I honestly think Moreno isn't playing up to par because of the coaching. I don't see him picking up the nuances playing in the Prem & I fault that more to the coaching staff failing at not preparing him properly.

Not sure what the future holds for Emre Can & Markovic. Given what looks like lack of coaching mentioned above, I'm inclined to believe the coaching staff is failing here with these 2 also.

Last edited:
Coutinho is ready now (& has been), however Rodgers is playing him in the wrong position. People think Coutinho is more an attacking midfielder but he's better suited playing deep. I love the way he tackles & always ready to break up the play of the opposition. He also creates more when playing deeper.

This is the type of player that would absolutely thrive playing under the likes of Cholo or maybe even Jose. He's hamstrung playing under Rodgers right now.

Last edited:
Coutinho is ready now (& has been), however Rodgers is playing him in the wrong position. People think Coutinho is more an attacking midfielder but he's better suited playing deep. I love the way he tackles & always ready to break up the play of the opposition. He also creates more when playing deeper.

This is the type of player that would absolutely thrive playing under the likes of Cholo or maybe even Jose. He's hamstrung playing under Rodgers right now.
By ready, I meant when he is having a good day. :lol:

This is an interesting take.

He has excellent close control and a surprisingly strong shot. I think he is a very good but inconsistent number 10. I don't think he is better suited to play a holding/defensive midfielder. I do however see that as a hole for Liverpool that they expected Gerrard to fill better than he has.

I think the only big criticism id have on Rodgers is Sterling. Idk if he wants to play as a forward so you are letting him or what, but he can't be up there alone. I completely agree with that point made in here. That he would better suited as an outside attacking mid or a withdrawn striker.

In a perfect world i see Balo as your 9 (yes i know his form sucks) Sturridge in behind him and Coutinho as a 10 and Sterling outside. I would love to see Ibe worked in when he is healthy and Lallana in the mid-field as well as Henderson

Last edited:
I think Chelsea needs to consider another potential CAM or CM, depending on where Jose wants to play Fabregas. Looks like Oscar might not be the player people are hoping for.

I am not still giving up on Oscar. I truly believe he can be a heck of a player when he gets rid of his inconsistency. I'd be okay with the transfer move if we sell him for high price.

Last edited:
Is anyone really checking for Oscar like that? I doubt we get the price we want for him, and Mourinho seems to have a love for him and Willian that I don't understand.

I hear you, I mean besides Suarez and when Sturridge is actually fit, throw in Sterling from QPR's academy, what other signing have Liverpool made that was a real quality signing?
Coutinho when he is ready.

I'll be honest, I'm not watching too much of Liverpool, but from what I've seen, I don't even know where Coutinho really thrives. I've seen him in the 10 and have seen the same thing people in here are saying. Flashes of brilliance for the highlight reel, and that's about it. Maybe Rodgers is just mis-handling that situation. It's so bad that I didn't even think of Coutinho when I asked that question...

Rumors in the transfer world suggest Oscar & Ramires will be sold to fund a move for Pogba. But I'm not sure Pogba would like to play for Mou and his style since the decision is up to him on where he goes. I don't think Oscar would go for more than €20 million either but hey, they got rid of Luiz for 50 so anything can happen.

Sucks to know tho that Chelsea already had a world class CAM in De Bryune and let him go. They could have just transferred him and got him back :smh:

Last edited:
Yeah, I saw the rumor about Ramires and Oscar. I'd be shocked if we get Pogba. It's like dream comes true. A world class signing. Juventus admit it would take a world record fee to sign Pogba. Didn't Pogba troll Chelsea fans by shopping in London last August? :lol:

How about Koke? His price is expensive though.

Chelsea are favorites to sign Brazilianm forward Kenedy from Fluminense.

I'd live Koke or Pogba on Chelsea, doubt either happens though. We should have tried to sign Modric or Kroos when we had the chance years ago :smh:

Atleti up 2-0 at the half vs La Real. An own goal & another by Griezmann... The Frenchman is on a tear this campaign.

Yeah, I saw the rumor about Ramires and Oscar. I'd be shocked if we get Pogba. It's like dream comes true. A world class signing. Juventus admit it would take a world record fee to sign Pogba. Didn't Pogba troll Chelsea fans by shopping in London last August? :lol:

How about Koke? His price is expensive though.

Chelsea are favorites to sign Brazilianm forward Kenedy from Fluminense.

Why are you acting like a Liverpool fan?
Have we already forgotten the World Class signing of Hazard?
I won't even mention the other WC players that have signed to Chelsea in the past.
:lol: this shouldn't feel like a dream come true to a Chelsea fan.

@Firepower  what do we have to look forward to this summer from Spurs? 
laugh.gif
tired.gif

I'd live Koke or Pogba on Chelsea, doubt either happens though. We should have tried to sign Modric or Kroos when we had the chance years ago :smh:

If Cholo is still around, I don't see it happening either.

I think Atleti are going to continue to build on what they've got going. I can see even MORE talent wanting to come there under him.

finally back from my triip :smokin will try to get up pics and videos tomorrow..

just wanted to touch on a few things..

- Herrera needs a call up
- Seeing the poll makes me realize i don't rate hazard high enough.. i really think alexis is best player in the epl.. great goal tally and doesn't even take the PKs.. All in his first yr
- PSK you're delusional if you don't think Owen gets **** in england.. tie between him and neville as worst two pundits.. with redknapp following up
- Though they are playing hard ball, Raheen shouldn't go anywhere, NOT YET.. guaranteed playing time> rotting on someones bench
- Adidas has my heart with these united kits
- Levy wasn't letting modric go to us or chelsea.. :smh: Hope he lets us have loris when real take david

Last edited:
- PSK you're delusional if you don't think Owen gets **** in england.. tie between him and neville as worst two pundits.. with redknapp following up

Glad you had a nice trip. Can't wait to see your pics & vids.

I know he gets ****, but I don't think Owens gets enough for the things he says.

The fact that he even has a job as a pundit baffles me. It's like matt millen former GM of the nfl lions. He might very well be the worse GM ever in nfl history but he got a TV gig again anyway.

Nothing in the resume of either dude should warrant a plum TV job nor be able to continue to have one.

I mean look at Owens. He had no media training, very monotone voice, & no previous experience.

If these guys were black, they would not be given these opportunities & the vitriol against them would be epic if these guys were indeed black.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom