❌‼️ This Thread is now CLOSED. NEW THREAD link on last page, been a great Year ❌‼️

Would you spend €100+ on Paul Pogba??

• Yup, still very young and filled with potential...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah, no CM could be worth that much...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Barca don't want to win. Disgraceful performance from the team. At this rate they're going to lose Wednesday. Team needs a coach to light the fire under them, that is where Luis Enrique shows he's not an adept manager. Heck, someone in here even said at Roma he was nothing special. Barca relies on the players to just blend and mesh well together, they need a top tier manager to go along with all the talent. Honestly, Barca winning last year was due to the talent of the team, not the tactical or inspiring tactics from the coach.

My uncle has been a pilot for delta for 40 years. I've got my commercial pilots license as well, and all my uncle always says is "never fly for Ryan air"

Me and you, we gotta talk. Where have you been all my life? Why aren't we besties? :lol:

And you're a Porto fan :smokin

I've flown ryan air 100 times.. still standing here :smokin

though their landings were worst than the combat landings we did in iraq

Yessss, specifically the landings dude, Never again bro, I've never, ever, ever been that scared on a plane. But congrats on making it :lol:

La liga is extremely overrated the more you think about it. So many players that looked good playing in it got exposed when they moved to the premiership or other leagues

Torres, falcao, navas, bacca the list goes on

Only few that stayed consistent or got better like aguero, de gea, Sanchez

Yeeeaaaaaaaaaah ummmm, I think you're going to need your list to go on...

Torres set the league on fire at Pool.
Falcao came off an injury and was never the same.
Navas, as in Jesus Navas? Navas is so one dimensional that you can't even bring his name up as a quality player.
As mentioned Bacca is doing alright right now too.

Barca don't want to win. Disgraceful performance from the team. At this rate they're going to lose Wednesday. Team needs a coach to light the fire under them, that is where Luis Enrique shows he's not an adept manager. Heck, someone in here even said at Roma he was nothing special. Barca relies on the players to just blend and mesh well together, they need a top tier manager to go along with all the talent. Honestly, Barca winning last year was due to the talent of the team, not the tactical or inspiring tactics from the coach.

I'll let a Barca fan respond to this one, since there are plenty in here who are probably writing their dissertation style response.

But I will say this, last I checked, Enrique has his Barca playing differently to Pep, you can see his tactics and style of play on the pitch. His style of Barca has also brought them success. I think it's a bit unfair to marginalize him down to basically saying it's the players doing everything. I think Enrique has shown his qualities as a manager.

Last I checked Barca were fine. They're just in a rut and a dip of form. They went unbeaten for almost 30 something matches if I could remember. Just wrong timing to be performing bad.

And eff Nigel De Jong. Loved him at City but after that eff off. Still remember him and the dirty Dutch squad in the WC 10 Finals against Spain. Out here stamping players and ishh. Don't know how Portland would do in a stretch without Nagbe.

Last edited:
Good weekend of footy.

Liverpool :smokin
Tottenham....boy Deli Alli...idk...kid looks real real good
City holding on
Leicester...i really hope they pull it off. Jack Rodwell though...i could have finished that not even lying. They need what 3 wins and they have West Ham (tough) Swansea, Man U, and Everton. Can't say that is going to be easy

@SkySportsNewsHQ
BREAKING: Sky Sources: @PSG_inside's @Ibra_official interested in move to @ManUtd if manager Louis Van Gaal leaves club this summer. #SSNHQ

@GFFN: Breaking | Zlatan Ibrahimovic is interested in a move to Manchester United this summer if Louis van Gaal leaves, according to Sky Sports.

:nerd:

This shouldn't be a matter of if anymore but when,the team's progress has gone backwards and that trend isn't looking likely to be reversed under the same management...

Last edited:
@GFFN: Breaking | Zlatan Ibrahimovic is interested in a move to Manchester United this summer if Louis van Gaal leaves, according to Sky Sports.

:nerd:

This shouldn't be a matter of if anymore but when,the team's progress has gone backwards and that trend isn't looking likely to be reversed under the same management...

Zlatan X MOU = press conferences to be almost exciting as the matches...

Please Lord let this happen

I'll let a Barca fan respond to this one, since there are plenty in here who are probably writing their dissertation style response.

But I will say this, last I checked, Enrique has his Barca playing differently to Pep, you can see his tactics and style of play on the pitch. His style of Barca has also brought them success. I think it's a bit unfair to marginalize him down to basically saying it's the players doing everything. I think Enrique has shown his qualities as a manager.

Here's a fair question to ask, if Enrique were to leave Barca and go anywhere else in the world, would he be able to replicate the success he has had? Even Pep, who I hold extremely highly and am grateful for, can be said his tenure at Bayern was a let down. He brought in great players, we've seen some beautiful football, however, theres no difference from previous managers where Bayern steam rolls the league and makes deep runs in CL yet hasn't won it.

Good weekend of footy.

City holding on
Leicester...i really hope they pull it off. Jack Rodwell though...i could have finished that not even lying. They need what 3 wins and they have West Ham (tough) Swansea, Man U, and Everton. Can't say that is going to be easy
It will be really difficult. But in the same way, people said that about 3 or 4 of our runs this season and we've come out of them on top. By no means is it done. I'm just enjoying the ride.

S/O to Sunderland fans who stayed behind to applaud our boys. Gave me goosebumps man. This team is on the verge of something insanely special.

People can say whatever they like, the league has been poor (which is ******** by the way) it's only being said because we're at the top, we're lucky, whatever, I don't give a **** and I'm pretty sure no Leicester fan cares either, if we have Leicester City carved into that PL trophy , that'll be there forever and no bitterness from other fans can ever take that from us.

So basically if Mourinho becomes Manager Ibra will go to Man U

Last edited:

Here's a fair question to ask, if Enrique were to leave Barca and go anywhere else in the world, would he be able to replicate the success he has had? Even Pep, who I hold extremely highly and am grateful for, can be said his tenure at Bayern was a let down. He brought in great players, we've seen some beautiful football, however, theres no difference from previous managers where Bayern steam rolls the league and makes deep runs in CL yet hasn't won it.

The question you posed is subject to a major flaw. Currently right now, there is no other team in the world like Barca. I know that a lot of the success of a manager comes down to the manager himself, but also on the players and setup that he has. There's no point in discussing whether Enrique would achieve the same success, because he can't go somewhere else and have similar tools at his disposal. His current success is based on the quality of his tools, his planning and organizational setup.
This question would have been a lot more tricky if Enrique was managing a Sevilla/Atletico or a team of that level, because then we'd be comparing apples to apples. We could look at his impact on the team, and compare it to his potential impact at another similar club around the world with various factors like players and organizational setups being different while purely looking at his managerial tactics at both clubs. It's a balance, and at Barca right now, Enrique has that balance of managerial tactics and the right players to execute those tactics, and it shows on the pitch.

As for Pep, and his Bayern run. We also need to be fair. Pep is an amazing manager, with great players at his disposal, but simply put, Bayern are not Barcelona right now. As a unit, Barca is pretty much unstoppable when on song. That is no discredit to Pep. He's done very well with the Bayern he has, but we can't suddenly look down upon Pep's time because he didn't win against the greatest team right now. Let's not forget that Barca has arguably the greatest player to ever live, and some will say the future greatest player to ever live current playing on the same pitch. That will never be said about any of Pep's players except possibly Neuer.

Last edited:
Good weekend of footy.

City holding on
It will be really difficult. But in the same way, people said that about 3 or 4 of our runs this season and we've come out of them on top. By no means is it done. I'm just enjoying the ride.

S/O to Sunderland fans who stayed behind to applaud our boys. Gave me goosebumps man. This team is on the verge of something insanely special.

People can say whatever they like, the league has been poor (which is ******** by the way) it's only being said because we're at the top, we're lucky, whatever, I don't give a **** and I'm pretty sure no Leicester fan cares either, if we have Leicester City carved into that PL trophy , that'll be there forever and no bitterness from other fans can ever take that from us.

I honestly can see 10/12 points in there.

West Ham a draw would be realistic cause their playing pretty well right now.
Swansea have lost it since weeks before Monk left, when I look at them, I don't see much right now.
United just finished a match with 55% possession and ONE shot on target the entire match, so that says all you need to know.
Everton will most likely get their goal or two through Lukaku, but will leak three (most likely one in the later stages or dying embers of the game) at the back.

I won’t go ad nauseam so I’ll put it in short summary, Enrique got this team fit again, he got them pressing hard again, he’s deployed the midfield to operate differently than it had under Pep (they play further back), & his use of Messi on the right & having him drop back at times playing a Xavi like role as playmaker has been brilliant. Although they still look to dominate possession, Enrique also has his Barca side playing far more direct than Pep ever did at Camp Nou.

Not many managers would have the stones to move a player of Messi’s stature around. Shoot, look how fit looking Messi is now compared to previous years. Messi looked like he was following the Chris Weber –Shaquile O’Neil body plan (Messi was starting to look doughy). Messi looks more fit than I can ever remember & I attribute that to Enrique & his staff’s focus on fitness… Shoot, Messi’s standard pregame meal used to be pizza prior to Enrique’s arrival….

Regardless of MSN & the talent the team has, Barca would not have won the treble if it weren’t for Enrique (& vice versa).

There are several factors into the loss of the team’s form right now . King ooompa loompa’s (Mr. Shakira) form has dipped. As much as I hate him, Barca’s run can be attributed to how consistent the oompa loompa started playing last year until about a little less than a month ago. It masked a lot of the defense deficiencies the team has. As oompa loompa goes, so does the defense.

The players have said otherwise, but I think fatigue is starting to set in. I also think a good portion of the players are playing hurt like Hannibal, who has been rumored to be having thigh issues for a bit of time recently.

Lastly, Don Iniesta’s form seems to have dipped too… As talented as Turan & Rakitic are, neither of them can do what Don Iniesta can do in Barca’s midfield & it shows recently.

If people don’t see what Enrique has brought to the table, then so be it… ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Real Madrid and Barcelona are the worst teams to be managers for (esp. Real Madrid). What other teams can you just win the Champions League with and still have fans/higher ups wanting you gone the year after :lol:

1st place in La Liga, favorites to win the CL, loyalty of referees, and you have fans in here wanting Enrique out after losing to Real Sociedad, a team Barcelona hasn't beaten away in years :lol:

View media item 1989598

Last edited:
Reals head job is by far the worst in football :x

Yea Sociedad has kind of owned both Barca and Real over the last few years :lol:.

Last edited:
You're thinking of Malaga who RM struggles with, still only one win for them in forever.
Barca hasn't won at Sociedad in 11 years.

Last edited:
I remember reading a stat on a mid-lower tier club having Reals number lately so I probably mixed them up :lol: :wow:. Of all the teams on the planet,who'd think that the true Barca killers would be Sociedad? :lol:

PSG's gonna have Veratti back tomorrow...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom