❌‼️ This Thread is now CLOSED. NEW THREAD link on last page, been a great Year ❌‼️

Would you spend €100+ on Paul Pogba??

• Yup, still very young and filled with potential...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah, no CM could be worth that much...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not surprised by this result. Simeone knows how to tactically plan for these guys and Enrique didn't have an answer for em today. Rakitic was ineffective today as ATM gave him no space in MF and pressed them 4-5 on 3 at times. The only one who could maneuver through with some ease was Iniesta. Other than him, Atleti had the MF on lock. Barca could only play one way and it hurt em with their inability to adapt. Against any other team, they might have won today. But against arguably the best defense in Europe, it wasn't enough.

That's cool captain obvious,
But who's in the semis?
i could say the same 
laugh.gif

Has Messi ever looked so ordinary over a series of games?

This always happens to him, especially in games like these. This isn't "new" for Messi...

I'm not trying to get into a classic Messi vs Ronaldo debate, (I think Messi is the better overall player..)

But times & games like these man..... I can understand people saying they'd rather have Ronnie ahead of Messi if they were starting a team, Or why people say Ronaldo >

When the bus is parked and space on the field is minimal, Messi is just about useless (Neymar too for that matter). Ronaldo's physicality in the box along with his amazing heading capabilities (best in footy) - Those abilities are "game changing", even if he doesn't/can't touch the ball, he's ALWAYS a threat, no matter what style/team he's up against.

That'll always be the biggest difference between the two.

Last edited:
The loss stings but the better team won. Atletico came out with a plan to dominate and make Barca as uncomfortable as possible. Not a single player looked calm nor kept the ball for long. Alves had a horrible game and Alba is to blame for the first goal. Griezman is class and can't wait to see him at the Euros. Complete domination and it serves Barca and their complacent selves right, now they'll end up tossing the League too the way they're playing. They really should have been attacking from the get go like Atletico. Regardless, congratulations to Atletico and best of luck, Barca needs to sit back and dwell on a lot before moving forward. And I still don't like Godin.

Dr joe on fsn had Suarez getting red, Neymar getting red, and agreed with the inesta yellow + pen calls. He also said it should have been yellow + pen for that shot at the end.
I think this is a fair assessment given what Suarez did for sure and Neymar arguably could have been a red but I'm fine with it not being. The only thing I would change is that Iniesta should have gotten red for that handball as well I think of all the potential red card offenses given the circumstances i would argue it was the most deserved because it was a goal scoring situation.

Last edited:
Leicester and Atletico. Proving possession means absolutely nothing if you're well organised.

Love Simeone, they get the job done.

Atletico vs Man City final would be :lol:

Thinking about it,Atleti-Bayern could be incredible :wow:. The contrast of styles would make it fascinating

Last edited:
Bayern vs Real

Atleti vs. Man City

Bayern vs Atleti in the final

Last edited:
The noisy neighbors of Madrid vs. the noisy neighbors of Manchester in the final...I like the way that sounds 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
If Barca can go from "best in the world, Unstoppable" to.... "Meltdown", in just two weeks....

heggsy heggsy FC should be careful :lol: :nerd:

God I love this game man... :lol:

Last edited:
Has Messi ever looked so ordinary over a series of games?

This always happens to him, especially in games like these. This isn't "new" for Messi...

I'm not trying to get into a classic Messi vs Ronaldo debate, (I think Messi is the better overall player..)

But times & games like these man..... I can understand people saying they'd rather have Ronnie ahead of Messi if they were starting a team, Or why people say Ronaldo >

When the bus is parked and space on the field is minimal, Messi is just about useless (Neymar too for that matter). Ronaldo's physicality in the box along with his amazing heading capabilities (best in footy) - Those abilities are "game changing", even if he doesn't/can't touch the ball, he's ALWAYS a threat, no matter what style/team he's up against.

That'll always be the biggest difference between the two.

I'm completely with you on your points about Ronnie but idk, Messi is the greatest player I've ever seen in tight space. Saying he's useless when opponents park the bus is a hot take. He's probably played more football again teams that take up that strategy than any one. Atleti is just really really good.

Last edited:
Soo Pep has been to the Champions Semis 7 times.... The same number of years he's been a manager?

City fans on a high

I'm completely with you on your points about Ronnie but idk, Messi is the greatest player I've ever seen in tight space. Saying he's useless when opponents park the bus is a hot take. He's played more football again teams that take up that strategy than any one.

Yea maybe it was hot-takish :lol:

No one can create space like he can, it's not even close. So of course with that talent, he'lll never render himself "useless", I agree. He's the best player I have and I'll ever see, so I'm with you.

But this has happens with Messi and Atletico a lot. This isn't new, That's the main point. It's extremely difficult for players like Messi and Neymar to be the threat they normally are when they go up against a team/style like this. Ronaldo doesn't feast on Atleti either, but he's always a threat, more well-rounded.

Last edited:
Coupé It Coupé It I def agree, even among all time greats Ronaldo is special for the very reasons you mentioned. Major props to Atletico, I wouldn't be mad at all if they win it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom