❌‼️ This Thread is now CLOSED. NEW THREAD link on last page, been a great Year ❌‼️

Would you spend €100+ on Paul Pogba??

• Yup, still very young and filled with potential...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah, no CM could be worth that much...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nike IG.

13355667_1628432367478198_843182471_n.jpg

PES > Fifa flamesuit on...but not fully zipped
Dybala worth more then Aguero?
City better not dump my boy Otamendi. He was at least mostly healthy last season. I don't think Stones is an upgrade to Otamendi. They are pretty even to me.

Gundogan is a good pick up i guess....i hope he gets healthy

What's happening with James? dude was insane during WC14 and had a decent season last season..

Rumours are Juve or ManU are interested.. He needs to move and unleash his potential.  Isco is more popular.. maybe it's a Spanish thing

Guess that Juve deal is legit...
BREAKING: Barcelona confirm Dani Alves will leave the club. [@FCBarcelona]

Crazy stat,he's the most decorated Brazilian footballer of all time with 30 trophies won :wow: :x :x :x. For comparisons sake,Pele has 29...

Last edited:
Evra and him as your FB's would've been filthy a few years ago though :x

He's getting older but I still think he has 2 good seasons left.

*Some refreshing long term news from the Guardian

#mufc want José Mourinho to stay beyond his three year contract. The club want Mourinho to establish a dynasty while Mourinho himself wants to manage #mufc for the long term and has told Ed Woodward [guardian]

If there's anywhere he can break the 3 year cycle,I hope it's at OT...

Last edited:
Alves is a really good fit for Juve & a chance to compete for trophies. He was a great player for Barca & I wish him well.

Assuming he can stay healthy, Gundogan would be a beast in Pep's system. But that's a big IF (he can stay healthy). I guess the City medical staff gave him a thorough once over. It will be interesting to see how they acquire next & who gets shown the door. Yaya better brush up on his Mandarin or Cantonese (or perhaps his Italian).

I posted this in the USMNT thread. Great story about Uruguay manager Oscar Tabarez. I loved this portion of the story -

http://www.espnfc.us/copa-america/8...ed-uruguay-reemerge-as-a-south-american-power

Before taking on the Uruguay job in 2006 (his first spell included the 1989 Copa America and 1990 World Cup), Tabarez spent some time brooding on the theme of globalisation and its effects on football in his country. He came to one clear conclusion: The demands of domestic Uruguayan football were no longer compatible with those of the top class international game.

The opening up of a global market in players had clearly made it impossible for such a small country to keep hold of its stars. The local league had some promising youngsters, some grizzled veterans, and little quality in between. This meant that those who stood out in the Uruguayan league were not necessarily good enough for the national team -- and that those good players who left at an early age ran the risk of losing a connection with the land of their birth.

The solution for this was to invest in the national youth sides. Tabarez and his team went looking to identify youngsters with the capacity to shine at a top level. Above all they were looking for speed: speed of movement, speed of thought, speed of technical execution. And once players with these attributes had been identified, they were given a crash course in the historical identity of the Uruguayan national team. In the future, if they were to be called back from their European club to represent that national team, they had to know all about the importance of that sky blue shirt.

The success of this project is plain to see. In recent years Uruguay have consistently done well at the Under-20 level. And more importantly, the Under-20 sides are producing a conveyor belt of talent that seamlessly graduates to the senior side.

Prime example that it doesn't take money to build great sides, good scouting & investment in teaching youth to play the right way.

Last edited:
Yaya should be gone, sell him to China for sure and pack him a cake too. I hope to the Footy Gods Gundogan can stay healthy. He will be extremely versatile for us but I'm guessing KDB will stay playing as a RAM for us now. If only we can get a true CDM I would be stoked! Maybe experiment with Denayor as the holding Midfielder and give Gundagon more freedom to join the attack if he wants.

Although he's said otherwise, I wonder if Thiago will want to leave for City? Or if Pep would want him too?

I hope he stays with Bayern though, seeing him with Costa is fun.

This is a new youtuber doing footy vids. They're very well done. Here's the 15-16 Gundogan highlights.

Their coverage sucks but I'm thankful for Bundesliga being televised via fox. I just wish they had another channel so it would be on more instead they devote alot of their airtime to nascar. :rolleyes :smh:

Edit - For those interested, the Neymar Jordan 5 lows drop tomorrow.

View media item 2053333View media item 2053334View media item 2053336

Last edited:
So...fellas. Will we be making a new thread for both the Euro and Copa?

Or will we just discussing the tournaments in here? If we keep it in here, less chance of oompa loompas in my opinion.

I forgot City had Belgian CB Jason Denayer... What's the word on him? I don't remember seeing him in the few City games I watched...

I agree that Gundogan will prob be great if he can stay healthy but that may be tough considering how physical the prem is.  I'm curious about Thiago as well considering that was the main signing that Pep wanted when he went to Bayern. 

I forgot City had Belgian CB Jason Denayer... What's the word on him? I don't remember seeing him in the few City games I watched...
We had him on loan at Galatasaray this season where he has done pretty well. They have played him at CB in games defensive mid and fullback so he is showing to be very versatile across the defense of a team. I believe he is ready to come into the squad now (because of the consistency of his play and versatility he has shown on loan) at least of the bench hopefully Pep feels the same.

This is a pretty good video review of all the players we had on loan this season mainly focusing on Roberts and Jason.

EDIT: Forgot to mention he did have a couple injuries with Galatasaray this season which where unfortunate so it would be more accurate if I said he had done pretty well when he was able to play for them

EDIT#2: Also with his previous loan at Celtic he won their young player of the season, he made the PFA Scotland team of the season and he was the PFA Scotland young player of the season as well

Last edited:
If Everton sell Lukaku & Stones, Unai Emery is stupid if he leaves Sevilla for Everton.

Even with it's new majority owner, selling off it's 2 best assets continues to make that club look like it's more interesting in maintain the status quo and/or a selling club.

Same thing for de Boer, I hope neither end up with this job. It just looks like a miserable job.

Last edited:
If Everton sell Lukaku & Stones, Unai Emery is stupid if he leaves Sevilla for Everton.

Even with it's new majority owner, selling off it's 2 best assets continues to make that club look like it's more interesting in maintain the status quo and/or a selling club.

Same thing for de Boer, I hope neither end up with this job. It just looks like a miserable job.
They shouldn't move either players until the managers get there and then have them make that decision to help build the team to their liking. They still have Deulofolu, Kleverly, Mirallas and most importantly Barkley.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom