🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava “aged” retro 🎾

Yoooo did you experience the bee invasion??

1710508672908.png
Nah, I was only there for the day session on Monday and the night session on Tuesday (Sinner vs Shelton). I'm back home on the East Coast now

I hope the gameplay mechanics are better, cuz based on the player animations and details alone, that's a no-go for me.

Take Fed for example... his BH, on his takeback, he has both hands on the grip (as if he was going to hit a two-handed BH), but when he starts swinging, he takes his hand off of the grip and hits his normal one-handed BH. No one sets up a one-handed BH like that.🤦‍♂️

Another thing... that frame shape looks like a Yonex. 🤦‍♂️

Screenshot 2024-03-11 011755.jpg

For JMac, they have him hitting his FH with what looks like a semi-western FH grip (?!) and doing a step-in on his service motion, which he doesn't do. They did the same for Andre's service motion. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

But this... this is where I draw the line... Andre with no TournaGrip and wearing Oscillates?!
1710273305850.png

Maybe this is a beta-test issue... and maybe they'll sort these details out in the final release... who knows. 🤷‍♂️

Meh. No thanks. I'll stick to this.

I can’t believe with how good 2K can make the basketball game look that this was the best they could do.
IMG_6234.jpeg
I said the exact same thing. Really lazy by 2k sports. They are making the game for last gen consoles too so the graphics will suffer even more. Embarrassing.

man im not really familiar with the nike air challenge LWP but got damn looking at old pics they are 🔥

what does the LWP stand for? light weight performance?

man im not really familiar with the nike air challenge LWP but got damn looking at old pics they are 🔥

what does the LWP stand for? light weight performance?

Yep. It was the precursor to Zoom. They called it "tensile air." They did those, the Flight version for Penny, and I feel like I remember a Trainer version as well.

Those Air Scream LWPs were awesome!! 👍👍

And the LWPs were actually used by Tim Hardaway in the old ads.
nike-air-go-lwp-original-advertisement-1.jpg

And don't forget the Zoom LWP running show. Nike did a quiet release of these back in 2017. Never got a pair but they are cheap now so maybe...🤔

nike-air-zoom-lwp-16-og-white-black-purpel-orange-colorway.jpg

noblekane noblekane For the consensus of us in this thread, the Challenge LWP is one of the top choices we all want as a retro! 🙏🙏Many of us have played in them back in the day and some of us still have our pairs (I love my pair). It's my #1 NON-ATC named shoe Agassi wore. And if Nike would get off their keister and retro them, I'd buy EVERY.FREAKING.COLOR!!! 🙏🙏

My OG pair here.
IMG_20200226_164107.jpg

Those Air Scream LWPs were awesome!! 👍👍

And the LWPs were actually used by Tim Hardaway in the old ads.
nike-air-go-lwp-original-advertisement-1.jpg

And don't forget the Zoom LWP running show. Nike did a quiet release of these back in 2017. Never got a pair but they are cheap now so maybe...🤔

nike-air-zoom-lwp-16-og-white-black-purpel-orange-colorway.jpg

noblekane noblekane For the consensus of us in this thread, the Challenge LWP is one of the top choices we all want as a retro! 🙏🙏Many of us have played in them back in the day and some of us still have our pairs (I love my pair). It's my #1 NON-ATC named shoe Agassi wore. And if Nike would get off their keister and retro them, I'd buy EVERY.FREAKING.COLOR!!! 🙏🙏

My OG pair here.
IMG_20200226_164107.jpg

It's funny, I'd kinda forgotten about Tim being the original face of the Air Go LWP. It's one of those weird cases where the original person the shoe was intended for got eclipsed by someone else. For me, it's pretty much been the Penny shoe for decades now haha.

It's funny, I'd kinda forgotten about Tim being the original face of the Air Go LWP. It's one of those weird cases where the original person the shoe was intended for got eclipsed by someone else. For me, it's pretty much been the Penny shoe for decades now haha.
Didn’t help that they released to the public in Orlando colors and not Miami.

Trying not to hit the buy it now button lol

Oh for that price do it! Seriously, they will be fine. May need a reglue along the materials and midsole but why not. My pairs (white/blue and black/red are still very wearable). Trust me, you'll regret it, especially if these are your size.

I regret not buying a pair of white/lemon zest Pounces on eBay in my size, back around the early part of Covid 🤦🏻‍♂️ Pair was basically brand new, so minimal wear. My 2nd favorite color next to the navy pair I own. They were only $178 BIN and I hesitated. Checked a few hours later and they were gone. 😢 Haven't run across a pair that price since. So trust me, if these are something you have been wanting, DO IT. 👍👍

My 2 pairs for extra motivation for you. 😎
IMG_20200226_163912.jpg
IMG_20200226_163903.jpg
IMG_20200226_163853.jpg

Back
Top Bottom