🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava and 2025 Pink Racer🎾

Right and Agassi wasn't signed back with Nike at the time but they still sold shirts of the burning ball so doesn't make sense why they didn't use it on the retro. The quality of the shoe was fine but the cw was way off and the burning ball missing ruined the shoe.

Last edited:
Finally. 
US11
20150325222108_original.jpg

15732208191_567313fb34_o.jpg

Been waiting on these to retro again.
2nvgg2h.jpg

Last edited:
They ain't have the vapors when I was there :lol:, you talking about the federers?

I actually kinda like the IV lows...I'm looking at them completely independent of the og colors of course, but they're a nice looking casual/lifestyle shoe. Especially for summer. I'll grab em on discount for sure.

Peace,
J

Long time lurker here, but I actually have something to share.

I want to thank KB24 for the initial heads up on posting the Powershares schedule way back in December. My wife and I signed up for the hit with the pros package soon after KB posted the schedule. We were on the court with Andre and James Blake. There were 20 people in the session. We did some doubles points. First we rallied from the baseline. Next we tried to pass the pros while they were at the net. Then we rushed the net while they hit passing shots. Finally we returned their serves.

They took it easy on us for the most part. You could ask them to hit a real first serve at you during the last drill. I got one from Blake. I put a racquet on it but hit it out.
So I've been meaning to ask you more about this, if you have the time.  With 20 people, all playing dubs on one side, how did the rotation work?  For me, hitting a few shots, then having to wait several minutes before your next turn, I'd find it hard to get into any rhythm or timing.  I'd be so nervous too! LOL.  

Getting a chance to TRY to pass them and TRY to return their serve sounds like so much fun.  How many attempts at both did you get?  Did they throw in any wicked kickers?  
Looks like a good bit of lead on there!  Maybe, at least, 6-8 grams total at 3 & 9 on what is already a pretty hefty racquet! 

Last edited:
Just saw the 4 low. They are definitely hideous. Same mold for the sole as the huarache retro from last year. I assume then that comfort would be the same.

What bothers me is that sole looks different than the sole for the 2015 3s pictured a couple pages back. The one on the 3s looks more defined like how the Flares came out. The heel counter feels cheap. Plus the lack of the burning ball logo which is being used on the 3 this fall makes this a definite pass. For me I wonder why Nike even made it if they aren't doing it correctly?

I might add the FinishLine employee didn't know anything about it. "Are you a fan of the huaraches?" :rofl:

^ I don't blame him... most wouldn't recognize the OG ATC IV's... let alone an all-black low-version.

So I've been meaning to ask you more about this, if you have the time. With 20 people, all playing dubs on one side, how did the rotation work? For me, hitting a few shots, then having to wait several minutes before your next turn, I'd find it hard to get into any rhythm or timing. I'd be so nervous too! LOL.

Getting a chance to TRY to pass them and TRY to return their serve sounds like so much fun. How many attempts at both did you get? Did they throw in any wicked kickers?

You got it right Sinner. We were all on one side of the court. Each of us had partners that kept constant throughout the drills. My partner was my wife, of course. We would take a turn playing a point on one side (e.g. I'm on deuce, my wife on ad), then switch sides and get back in line for the next rotation. If one of us missed the feed then our partner would get a feed before our turn was up. The pros also played a lot of out balls in an effort to extend the rallies. They made sure to maximize the shots we hit. The funny thing to me was that my wife came through in the clutch more than I did even though I'm the more experienced player. She was great. I think she only missed one feed. I choked on a few feeds and sitters. I was pretty disappointed in my play.

You're right in that it was difficult to get in a rhythm. We'd hit maybe one or two shots before inevitably messing up. I think our longest rally was about six shots back and forth.

Honestly, the A session with Courier and Phillippoussis was the better choice on purely tennis terms. We were able to watch that session before our turn to hit with Agassi and Blake. There were only 7 participants. They got to warm up with some feeds before the pros came out. Also, I think the level of play was higher overall. Courier and Phillippoussis played some points pretty much all out. Phillippoussis hit a true first serve and broke the strings of one of the participants. It was sweet. My wife and I contemplated signing up for both sessions, but the extra cost was just a little too much for both of us to do it. Looking back, we probably should have just gone for it.

The rotations seemed to cycle through pretty quickly with the exception of the serve return. That took a while because each team received a serve on both sides before the next rotation. You also got a second serve if you missed the return on the first. I'm not really sure how many opportunities we had to hit throughout the hour. It honestly felt like a blur. My best estimate is on the serve return drill. I think I had 2 returns on Agassi and at most 3 on Blake.

As I mentioned earlier, they took it easy on us. The one full treatment serve I got from Blake was flat. I was on the deuce side. He hit it to the forehand corner and I barely reacted. But it was long. His next first serve (it didn't count as an attempt if they missed the serve) came to my backhand. I tried to just block it back but missed it. I honestly can't even remember how close it got to the court. I don't recall a lot of kick on Blake's second serve. He also could have toned it down on that one as well. I was able to block it back on my backhand side and start the point.

I was able to get one forehand passing shot to Blake that dipped below the net and caused him to miss the volley. That was my one highlight. I'll take it.

KB24 did an excellent job summarizing the event with news and photos. There was one wrinkle that I don't think he mentioned, however. In all matches the pros called their own lines. There was only an umpire. All players had unlimited challenges to check on any calls. This led to pretty funny exchanges among the pros. For instance, Phillappoussis called one of Blake's shots out, but was overruled by replay. During the pre-match player party Q&A event it was stated that the USTA is coming to a future Powershares event to see in person how this system works. It may be the future of how lines are called.

Here are some more pics that my wife and I took. We just used our phone cameras, so the quality isn't that great. Since this is the Agassi thread, I'll just focus on him.

View media item 1462940View media item 1462941View media item 1462942View media item 1462943View media item 1462944View media item 1462945View media item 1462947

Back
Top Bottom