🎾 Official Nike Tennis (and other brands as well) Thread 🎾

really feeling the new rafas but that price though :x

any technology differences between the vapor 9 and 9.5?

EDIT: Found a cool all black color way of the Vapor 9.5s. 
Yeah, that pic surfaced a few months ago... I think it was during the US Open and just samples for Fed.  Not sure it's an official colorway.  

Not really feeling the 9.5s but I would get that colorway if they dropped. Got my LBs the other day but only played an hour in them. Cushioning is definitely nice in them. One thing I don't like so far, and I may just need to lace them tighter, is that I can feel the upper scrunch up when I'm pushing off or changing directions. Need a few more wears to get a better feel tho. But right now I like the vapor 9s better. Vapor 9s are also better for teaching (standing/walking) which I do much more than actual hitting.

really feeling the new rafas but that price though
sick.gif

any technology differences between the vapor 9 and 9.5?
To be honest, not really.

Same pylon/zoom unit, adaptive upper, and XDR soles. 

Subtle improvements of weight and durability for the Vapor 9.5s. 

EDIT: I've had the Vapor 9s and they wore out quick, remember that the Ballistecs do have a 6 month sole guarantee while Vapors usually do not.

If you play reguarly, I suggest something more durable.

Last edited:
Nike is playing us, again.

Here's a better look of how the Dynamic Flywire is not even being used, ha!

I'm not mad Nike... just release his version too!

lightlotus lightlotus that seems to be the case. My vapor 9s that I have didn't have the 6 month guarantee. I generally play in my courtballistecs and wear the vapors for casual wear

Nike is playing us, again.

Here's a better look of how the Dynamic Flywire is not even being used, ha!

I'm not mad Nike... just release his version too!

If you had rafa's shoes, you would hate them. Nike has never ever released Rafa's custom shoes to the public.

If Nike released the LunarBallistecs with the CourtBallistec outsoles, people would complain that Nike was cutting-corners.  

If Nike released the LunarBallistecs with the CourtBallistec outsoles, people would complain that Nike was cutting-corners.  

People always find a way to complain... that's for sure.

I just like how his version looks more like tennis shoe. The GR looks like indoor soccer shoes.

Obviously I would like to see Rafa's logos too.

In general, if I ran Nike Tennis, lol, I would do all these commemorative colorways after wining Grand Slams etc. This would be fun. And not like Nike Basketball does it for LeBron... ~60 pairs for the whole world :smh:

You know what, I don't mind the GR's... I think they're ok.  My only "gripe" would be the blocking... wished the laser-crimsons didn't have that much laser-crimson!  I also would have preferred a white outsole, but that's just me.  

Also, regarding the outsole, I would have preferred they put a "wedge-outrigger" for a bit more lateral support... which is what Rafa's Courtballistec outsoles have.  

Actually, I quite like this black/laser-crimson/white colorway...

LB7_detail.jpg

Last edited:

You know what, I don't mind the GR's... I think they're ok.  My only "gripe" would be the blocking... wished the laser-crimsons didn't have that much laser-crimson!  I also would have preferred a white outsole, but that's just me.  

Also, regarding the outsole, I would have preferred they put a "wedge-outrigger" for a bit more lateral support... which is what Rafa's Courtballistec outsoles have.  

Actually, I quite like this black/laser-crimson/white colorway...

LB7_detail.jpg
Drools...love at first sight. Definitely more robust than the current laser. I would buy these in a heartbeat to be honest.

these are beautiful.. Aussie Open ATC II's, anyone have any release information?

Apparently Nadal took off his LBs and put his 4.3 CBs back on. I wonder how Nike feels about that?

Apparently Nadal took off his LBs and put his 4.3 CBs back on. I wonder how Nike feels about that?

Seems like Nadal doesn't like them performance wise. Lebron was doing the same thing with the Lebron XI earlier in the season. He would play the 1st half or sometimes just the 1st quarter in the XI and then switch to the Xs. I remember reading something was bothering him about it.

I don't follow lebron much so I'm not sure if he made the full switch the the XIs

Yeah, we talked a bit about it in the tennis-thread, but given that it was over 40-degrees yesterday, I think it was more of a breathability issue with the LB's as the CB 4.3's are clearly more ventilated.  Rafa played with the LB's in Doha and even practiced with them in Melbourne, so I think he's reasonably comfortable with them.  

f_nadal_d2_3.jpg

^^^^^^^^such a :smokin colorway. It's ironic that same cw was applied to Lebron's PE soldiers that he wore against the Nets! hmmm, conspiracy theory applied!

^^^^^^^^such a
smokin.gif
colorway. It's ironic that same cw was applied to Lebron's PE soldiers that he wore against the Nets! hmmm, conspiracy theory applied!
Of course, LeBron'd be like... "Rah-fee who?"

Seems like it wasn't a one time thing with the second colorway imitating the Lunars, lol.

They were so ready for this.

Seems like it wasn't a one time thing with the second colorway imitating the Lunars, lol.

They were so ready for this.
Gotta hand it to them, they sure are quick. Probably got the whole lineup until summer already haha.

These aren't bad at all, but I'm just not particularly a fan of white shoes cause of maintenance.

SinnerP posted more hi-res photos on the other thread too.

:smoking clean . Even if those came out as a gr, I'd hit it. My favorite cw's for me of the 4.3's are the al black/volt (USO'12), navy blue/white (USO 2013 series), blk/red/white (WTF'12), and gamma's!

Back
Top Bottom