🎾 Official Nike Tennis (and other brands as well) Thread 🎾

I know they're 9.5s, they just seem pretty christmas themed, no? "Holiday" would probably be more appropriate since they'll probably be releasing in january, my fault
Ah, I hear ya.  Yeah, it does have a holiday feel to them.  Interesting to see how they look in contrast to the Melbourne Park blue-courts. 

I'm vapored out. It's hardly a "new" shoe to mark it up to $165 (get outta here Nike). What's ironic is what my local shop owner told me. Tennis shoes are literally cheaper in price than basketball, running, and training shoes. So, the geniuses at swoosh decided to bump up the price to compete. All the other brands will follow I'm sure. I do like the new Rafa since it's actually different from models albeit looking like a futbol indoor boot.

On a non-nike tennis note. It seems that Novak's signature barricade will be the 7. I guess Murray will be rocking jokers shoe then eh? Seems that the only ones using the 8's are the lower tiered adidas athletes.

p.s.- man, Babolat connected has really gone out on their new technology. I got to hit with it for 20 minutes and uploaded it to my phone via like nike fuel/ nike +, it'll state number of foreheands/bankhands, % of where your strike zones, etc.. It's cool to see info like that. But, NOT for $400.00 plus tax and strings not included.

I'm vapored out. It's hardly a "new" shoe to mark it up to $165 (get outta here Nike). What's ironic is what my local shop owner told me. Tennis shoes are literally cheaper in price than basketball, running, and training shoes. So, the geniuses at swoosh decided to bump up the price to compete. All the other brands will follow I'm sure. I do like the new Rafa since it's actually different from models albeit looking like a futbol indoor boot.

On a non-nike tennis note. It seems that Novak's signature barricade will be the 7. I guess Murray will be rocking jokers shoe then eh? Seems that the only ones using the 8's are the lower tiered adidas athletes.

p.s.- man, Babolat connected has really gone out on their new technology. I got to hit with it for 20 minutes and uploaded it to my phone via like nike fuel/ nike +, it'll state number of foreheands/bankhands, % of where your strike zones, etc.. It's cool to see info like that. But, NOT for $400.00 plus tax and strings not included.
The New Vapors are going to be $165??  You cannot be serious.  What did Nike do to them to justify a $35 price increase?

Also, the new Ballistics look like a hybrid of the Hyperdunk 2011 Low/Hyperdunk 2012 Low basketball shoes.

Randomness
408228395.jpg

408228397.jpg

408228396.jpg

Just picked up the Saville Row's for $139 with tax from Niketown NYC, but they were a half size down than my usual size. I'm pretty OCD about getting everything in a 9.5, so does anyone know if the Saville's run a half size big or if they are true to size?

Last edited:
Sick Rafa collection. I'm game for the new court ballestics... But not for retail. Will wait until a colorway goes on sale before getting a pair.

The new Lunar Ballistic's look like toddler shoes! not for me at all but, the new Vapor 9.5' tour looks nice if the vapor 9's didn't exist already (almost like they got the 9 & 9.5 release dates back to front).

Those Vapor 9's are gonna be a tough design to beat!

Last edited:
Lunar Ballistics go hard for me. I'll try to get some for Summer or fall of next year.

Last edited:
I like them too. Definitely gonna get a pair when they release. Luckily I don't have to pay full price on any tennis gear.

Still seems like the opinions are quite polar on these... like or hate.  

I'm very tempted to get these light-crimsons though... Having said that, I don't mind bright shoes, but these might just be too bright... 
laugh.gif

^ Cool.  I've seen that around, but forgot to post it here.  

Unfortunately, none of the other colorways really appeal to me.   Maybe orange, but I don't like the grey midsole.   Same goes for the blue, with that darker-grey midsole.  Guess I might just end up getting the Light-Crimsons... 

Anyway, another pic I took today...

P, nike literally dropped the ball on the Rafa's shoes. They don't even come close to even resembling to his and upcharge in price to boot! Go eff yourself swoosh. At least Adidas kept it real and improved their feather line.

^ Yeah, I know... I was so looking-forward to them too.  While the final product doesn't look that bad... the price 
sick.gif

I understand paint-jobs and PE's, but this is just ridiculous. 

tired.gif

P, nike literally dropped the ball on the Rafa's shoes. They don't even come close to even resembling to his and upcharge in price to boot! Go eff yourself swoosh. At least Adidas kept it real and improved their feather line.

I will reserve my final judgement until I see the shoes in person, but it's not looking good.

My initial response was WTF, Nike?!? I'm already fed up with huge Swoosh'es as it is.

It gets worse. All the colorways I saw thus far are really bad.

Seems like simple ones, like Rafa's black with white tongue, won't be accessible and all we're getting are wild looking shoes. The color blocking is not an easy one to work with.

The price point is ridiculous too. SMH.

:x all these new nike tennis shoes suck and are uninspired. Especially the 9.5s. Talk about lazy. Ill be grabbing some Asics for my next tennis shoes.

New Cage colorway...

NMAMCSW-1.jpg

And a new Mac shirt... 

NMLND-BL-1.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom