🎾 Official Nike Tennis (and other brands as well) Thread

I have to try Nat Gut sometime. Currently using Volkyl Cyclone in the mains and Wilson NXT in the crosses.

Watched that Head bag video for a while now. Still debating on pulling the trigger.

Fred ~ Stan The Man Lleyton!  Nice... I should do more string demos...

Does gut/poly feel noticeably different from poly/gut?

I don't exactly understand your question. I do know that switching from full bed poly to the hybrid of natural gut and poly is such a pleasure to hit with. I'm a control freak, so I string straight down the middle as far tension. I might bump it up a pound or 1.5 depending on our hot humid summers. The spin effect is awesome. The thing I noticed with my full bed Lux G setup was after a 6-8 week, playing 3-4 times a week for 2 hour sessions, the tension held but playability decreased dramtically.

^ I meant the difference between having gut in the mains/poly in the crosses... and having poly in the mains/gut in the crosses.  

I suppose the most obvious effect of having poly in the mains is more bite for spin.  

Damn... 2hrs for 3-4 times a week!  Quite a bit of tennis there... in toasty TX! 

Who's buying one?  

I hope I don't start seeing a bunch of these from the novice-fanboys at the local courts... Unless they get the Lite version, I suppose.

15109259878_bd48b3bf58_b.jpg

Last edited:
Who's buying one?  

I hope I don't start seeing a bunch of these from the novice-fanboys at the local courts... Unless they get the Lite version, I suppose.
15109259878_bd48b3bf58_b.jpg

hmm, on a discount. Geoff at TW has stated that this racket is as close to H22 sample he got last March AND the one RF is wielding!

USO 2014 haul. Peak Nike time for me.

Very nice Reese!

P, I couldn't tell you difference between the placement of the hybrid combo because this is my first time doing it. Gut are on the mains and Poly on the crosses.

hmm, on a discount. Geoff at TW has stated that this racket is as close to H22 sample he got last March AND the one RF is wielding!
Doesn't/didn't Milos use an H22?  So Fed is basically using an H22?

I haven't really been following the PE/PJ's... lol.

Anyway... I don't play for a month and my arm is jelly right now after an hour.  I should probably de-lead.

Last edited:
Can't do it. The specs are out of my range. Waiting to see others with it on the courts though. Hopefully from someone I know so I can give it a shot.

Sticking with my Head Youtek IG Rad pros. Hoping to find more steals on it. Currently have 2 sticks. Looking to add a third.

Yeah, it's something that I'd like to try, but would never buy.  

There's a lighter-option if you really  like the PJ, wanna switch to Wilson and/or "play with what Fed plays with"... 
laugh.gif

EDIT ~ 

Have I posted this before? 
laugh.gif

Incidentally, the Chinese characters say "Eat, Sleep, Play Tennis"... 

rs.php

Last edited:
This is interesting... the LunarB takedown...

Pics from Pro-Direct Tennis

Ballistic Advantage... 

In the right colorway, it doesn't look too bad.

87983.jpg

Also new 9.5 c/w... that we've already seen.

87990.jpg

Last edited:
Those Ballistic Advantage's are very nice and I can imagine them in black and red looking very nice but, they have GDR soles, so they just wont last long at all......it's a real shame that!

Says outsole is backed with a 6 mos warranty. Waiting for a review. retail looks to be $95. I'm all over it....well as soon as I need a new pair. probably a month or so.

Really like The vapor 9 savile row, if anyone have this shoes in size 8 both new or 2nd condition, please inbox me . many thanks :smile:

Back
Top Bottom