🎾 Official Nike Tennis (and other brands as well) Thread

Got confirmation from my friend who has Nike tennis account. Only being sold on NDC and the Jordan store in NY..
[emoji]128078[/emoji][emoji]128078[/emoji][emoji]128078[/emoji]

Pisses me off that Nike would pull this crap. I kinda get the white/cement US Open drop which makes them special. So why not ride the wave and make the black/cements more widely available, ala Saville Rows!!

At least those got to actual tennis accounts like TW. The fact that it has Jordan branding and is seen as a mutual admiration society between two GOATS shld have more than justified a wider release.

This will only serve the resellers since the vast majority who get their hands on them will be too tempted to flip.

F U Nike/JB!!:smh:

I hear ya man. if you haven't done so don't check the thread dedicated to these vapor and JB collab.. pretty much all resell talk :x

Wow, so O2 Nike shop (assuming one will pop up) at the WTF's won't be getting them?  

I have several pairs of Vapor 9s in the rotation since they're arguably the best on-court performance shoe PERIOD!

I've been playing competitive tennis for 20+ years and a big Fed fan so to see that these will go to a bunch of punk-*** resellers who have no clue who Fed is, let alone his contribution to the game and sports in general.

Nike did us DIRTY on these collab releases and I don't wanna hear squat about 'doing your homework' or getting botted up is beyond asinine!'

Wow, so O2 Nike shop (assuming one will pop up) at the WTF's won't be getting them?  

I'm sure they'll probably have them. I was merely referencing what my friend was told from her Nike tennis rep. I can only assume they only know what's the scope of the release here Stateside.

It was terrible signing up for the raffle at Flight 23. My two favorite athletes of all-time, and when I'm lining up, I try to make some small talk about the WTF. 

"Hope Fed gets his seventh finals title!"

"I actually hate tennis."

Killed the conversation fairly quickly. 
mean.gif

It was terrible signing up for the raffle at Flight 23. My two favorite athletes of all-time, and when I'm lining up, I try to make some small talk about the WTF. 

"Hope Fed gets his seventh finals title!"

"I actually hate tennis."

Killed the conversation fairly quickly. :smh:  

PRECISELY MY POINT!!

99% of those in line for the raffle/trying online w their BOTs/etc could give 2[emoji]128169[/emoji] about tennis or tell you who Fed is!!

More Nike nonsense pushing Me further and further away...

*side note: Wilson PS RF 97 is a BEAST!

The experience of the White/Cement pair left a nasty taste in my mouth. It's just going to be 10x worse with this pair now that all the resellers know what the market is.

@Pdigiti, haha you have the Wilson stick? I've been meaning to demo it sometime; love the plow-through of heavier racquets, but that price though...

Always been a Head stan anyway though heh (for me, nothing can beat the Prestige Mid line)

Last edited:

The experience of the White/Cement pair left a nasty taste in my mouth. It's just going to be 10x worse with this pair now that all the resellers know what the market is.
I was really lucky with the white cements. I happened to have good friends in NYC that week (working at the US Open actually) who knew all about my shoe/tennis obsession and were happy to hook me up.

This time I feel like I don't have much chance. I can't even buy from NDC in my country.

The amount of money I've spent on RF branded stuff over the years, it's a shame to see these pass me by in favour of people who couldn't care less about tennis or RF. Oh well, we just have to suck it up. At the end of the day it's just shoes I suppose. For all we know the resellers probably even work for Nike.

I agree, the true fans deserve a pair 
laugh.gif

But we all know how the real world works, Nike doesn't give a crap whether the person buying the shoe can tell you how many Slams Fed has won, or whether they could even pick him out of a lineup! We are not alone in this regard, happens with every shoe line tied to any athlete. People flock to anything with hype and crash our quiet little party here.

I'm glad you got a pair of the White Cements, Rhino. I have enough Zoom Vapors that I wasn't terribly upset that I missed out but it was annoying seeing so many people who had basically never heard of Fed buying most of them. I'm going to be trying for the black pair and will have some friends also try, so if I miraculously end up with a second pair I will look to this thread first to help out the fellow Fed fans.

@Pdigiti, haha you have the Wilson stick? I've been meaning to demo it sometime; love the plow-through of heavier racquets, but that price though...

Always been a Head stan anyway though heh (for me, nothing can beat the Prestige Mid line)

I've been a PS/Prestige Pro guy for a minute. The RF 97 is a war club! Definitely gotta have good strokes and timing to actualize it's potential. Serve, slice backhand, and vollies are MONEY! Solid as a 2x4!! Weird thing though is for all it's heft/solid feel, it plays at times like a newer stick ala Roddick Pure Drive. It's definitely stiff which is why on the forehand if you don't take a full cut, prepare to launch it off the back fence!

Back
Top Bottom