🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

Not even to cape, but he was clearly wearing those as a joke for the video. He has on a fake mustache for ****'s sake...

I think his ability to make fun of himself is one of his best assets. And also why I think this writing thing hurt him because he really hasn't poked fun at that.

The whole industry doesn't really like Drake. From Record executives, to other artists, labels, etc. no one really likes Drake but they have to put up with him because he's so good, and he's so dominant. 

And Drake knows it too.

"They need me more than they hate me so they never take shots I got everybody on safety"

He plays the game man. Straights uses artist and their street buzz for his benefit but doesn't put them on his albums because he doesn't want "that world" to taint his world from a commercial standpoint.

It's like, they're good enough and hot enough for you to jump on their record, but you want nothing to do with them when it's time for your album. 

I cringed when I recently heard french say "Man Drake was telling me how we had to get something in for my album..." as if he didn't realize that Drake was using him to stay alive in the summer because his albums don't have that "street" reach.

That **** is crazy b. :lol:

Dude said that and didn't realize how crazy it sounded.

Drake ain't even tryna be low, straight telling ****** "put me on your project" after they build their own buzz.

Only time I can remember him "returning the favor" was Unforgettable with Jeezy off TML and All Me with 2 Chainz on NWTS but even that was a bonus track.

I remember they asked Kodak Black about the Drake consign and he was like "yea that **** is cool but if he really **** with me he'll put me on HIS album".

Smart kid.

Last edited:
Pretty much.

What makes the pairing even funnier is the fact that Meek had a lil hand in bringing attention to Future during his "three peat". Meek just got outta jail.....confirmed the relationship with Nicki and had a lot of attention. He'd say Future was the only dude he listened to, and post IG clips of songs from Monster and Beast Mode. This sht really hurt Meek when Drake tweeted Future's album, but didn't say a word about Meek's. That's what kicked that rant off. And then they do a collab album shortly after? Meek had to be hurt.

It's crazy cuz Drake didn't start ***** with Future again til he seen the momentum getting real....and the streets messing with it tough. Ds2 was set to have 0 features....and Drake made the call to jump on it a week before release, and boom....here we are today.

I actually don't mind Drake and Future collabs. They got good energy...and the songs are good for certain occasions.

I agree with a lot of this post, but again, people love to alter the past to fit their narrative of this relationship for some reason.

This was two days after Monster dropped:

If he was on Honest, and ****** with Monster from the jump, then where is this gap you mentioned?

They fell out after Tony Montana, and then Drake allegedly did some petty **** that started and ended before the 'Would You Like A Tour?' tour began, and they've been consistently rocking ever since as far as we know.

I have very little doubt that their "friendship" is almost entirely music-based though.

I don't understand any fans of any artist that will fall on the sword for them. It's weird as hell. None of these people know you exist. I thought that ___hive stuff was for girls.

Agreed, but I always say that there's two sides to this.

The passionate, consistent haters are every bit as weird for giving something they dislike that much of their attention.

Last edited:
That **** is crazy b.
laugh.gif

Dude said that and didn't realize how crazy it sounded.

Drake ain't even tryna be low, straight telling ****** "put me on your project" after they build their own buzz.

Only time I can remember him "returning the favor" was Unforgettable with Jeezy off TML and All Me with 2 Chainz on NWTS but even that was a bonus track.

I remember they asked Kodak Black about the Drake consign and he was like "yea that **** is cool but if he really **** with me he'll put me on HIS album".

Smart kid.
Breh, there's a reason why Drake was texting chainz basically clamoring for Chainz to put Big Amount out.

There's a reason why Drake gave no shopping to French so HE could put it out for the summer.

There's a reason why Drake reached out to YG to put Why You Always Hatin out.

There's a reason why he gives khaled records but Khaled is nowhere near Drake's album cycles.

There's a reason why HE asked Future to get on Future's album.

He wants to be alive in the streets, without sacrificing or tainting his brand / albums. And the only way he can do that, is by reaching out to the hottest ****** out that have that street appeal

I agree with a lot of this post, but again, people love to alter the past to fit their narrative of this relationship for some reason.

This was two days after Monster dropped:

If he was on Honest, and ****** with Monster from the jump, then where is this gap you mentioned?

They fell out after Tony Montana, and then Drake allegedly did some petty **** that started and ended before the 'Would You Like A Tour?' tour began, and they've been consistently rocking ever since as far as we know.

Well what do you know. I stand corrected. Didn't know Drake was rocking with Monster.

That's wsup.

You know what's funny?

After looking that picture again, it looks like Noel might've did reference tracks for a Boi1da beat and "6 P.M in New York" :lol:

My ___ had them right there in plain site, not knowing how much **** people would give him for that practice just under a year later.

Last edited:
You know what's funny?

After looking that picture again, it looks like Noel might've did reference tracks for a Boi1da beat (Trophies? :nerd:) and "6 P.M in New York" :lol:

My ___ had them right there in plain site, not knowing how much **** people would give him for that practice just under a year later.

Holy **** :smh:

Fraud to the fullest

Last edited:
You know what's funny?

After looking that picture again, it looks like Noel might've did reference tracks for a Boi1da beat (Trophies?
nerd.gif
) and "6 P.M in New York"
laugh.gif

eek.gif
laugh.gif

You know what's funny?

After looking that picture again, it looks like Noel might've did reference tracks for a Boi1da beat (Trophies? :nerd:) and "6 P.M in New York" :lol:

Good catch. :lol:

What a difference time makes.

Got my dates a little mixed up.

The Boi-1da joint wasn't Trophies. That had already been out for a cool 10 months and it was a Hit-Boy beat.

Last edited:
WATTBA was my first full blown exposure to Future and it may be my only one. Post that project, I can respect what dudes doing and his sound.

I would be open for another one, Diamonds Dancing is still one of my most listened to tracks

Last edited:
Why would you want a ***** to put someone that's not buzzing on his song? Dudes in here hurt cuz homie makes smart business decisions. Why should he have to put those dusty trash hood ****** on his album? When they suck half the time? Friendly *** dudes

Drake juggin and finessing these "hood" dudes meanwhile they typing and crying on IG

Too Short
Eminem
Rakim
Dmx
UGK
Scarface
Snoop

All appeared on one of Jay-z's classic albums.

Drake = Wave rider

Jay-Z = The Wave

Last edited:
You know what's funny?

After looking that picture again, it looks like Noel might've did reference tracks for a Boi1da beat and "6 P.M in New York" :lol:

Oh **** :lol:

Last edited:
WATTBA was my first full blown exposure to Future and it may be my only one. Post that project, I can respect what dudes doing and his sound.

I would be open for another one, Diamonds Dancing is still one of my most listened to tracks
The Culture needs WATTBA2

Too Short
Eminem
Rakim
Dmx
UGK
Scarface
Snoop

All appeared on one of Jay-z's classic albums.

Drake = Wave rider

Jay-Z = The Wave

LMFAO!! Riiiiiiiiight cuz none of those ppl were buzzing :rofl: ***** those are established names. Staples in the game literally. Who does Kodak trash compare to on that list? Who does sauce walka compare to on that list? :rofl:

Jay z "rode" drakes wave when he came in the game too. Had to get on his album and got him for a feature on that trash BP3.

NEXT

Where's will when yall need em

Last edited:
Too short was not buzzing like hov in 98
See video above to watch pimp c giving HOV props for putting them on big pimpin
Rakim in 2002? Really
DMX was shouting out HOV and putting him in his own videos
"Look at all these off brand ******, runnin around yappin about they be holdin f****s as big as j****s"
Snoop made cool music but he never had a wave to ride after deathrow

And just honestly speaking, hate him or love him I think Hovs peers all respect him as an mc

Last edited:
Wheres that one guy that always says 'Jay a snake'

Someone page him :lol:

Will really was a majority poster in here, someone unban him so we can get him up to speed on things

Back
Top Bottom