🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

I'm mad ****** posted the same thing at same exact time 3 posts in a row.
laugh.gif

We wasn't going.
These ****** ain't ready for the paradigm shift 
laugh.gif

Hell nah that **** wasn't bout to slide
laugh.gif

I posted this like 5 times this month, here it is again.

They talk about infiltration as well as some other stuff in here. Words from some greats including DMC and Scarface.

Go to 22 minutes in Scarface talking about exactly what we're talking about right now.
This **** should be common sense.

Not even just the industry of black music but in any industry where the producers don't control the import/export of their creation. At some point, you have to step back and ask yourself why, and how.

Not every black person relates to "black struggle" and hip hop is wide in terms of subject matter. Not all of it is "struggle" btw

Last edited by a moderator:
Not every black person relates to "black struggle" and hip hop is wide in terms of subject matter. Not all of it is "struggle" btw

Hip hop is an extension of black/minority struggle in its origins.

It began with more positivity, more of a feel good atmosphere but still competitive. Then we moved to an empowerment and antiestablishment phase where there was a strong emphasis on being a proud black person and uplifting others.

Then we were shifted to "gangsta" and obsessively demeaning and disrespectful rap somewhere in the 90s.

You should watch that video I posted. It's worth the time.

It don't even really have **** to do with "black struggle" at the core of it all. It goes WAY DEEPER than that. Black Music is Black Music. The energy and power within Hip Hop is the same as it was EONS ago in ancient civilizations. There's nothing new under the sun. Hip Hop ain't the first time we pioneered some ****, only for other cultures to be initiated into it and shared with the masses. 

No matter how much anyone wants to pretend like it's just some "thing" that everyone created...truth is truth. That same "it" that was in Chuck Berry's music that captivated everyone and evolved into "rock & roll"...is the same "it" in everything we do. It's innate. 

Last edited:
It honestly feels like you're trying to find a way to justify appropriation.

Hiphop doesn't discriminate but you can't just rewrite it's history either.

Last edited:
It don't even really have **** to do with "black struggle" at the core of it all. It goes WAY DEEPER than that. Black Music is Black Music. The energy and power within Hip Hop is the same as it was EONS ago in ancient civilizations. There's nothing new under the sun. Hip Hop ain't the first time we pioneered some ****, only for other cultures to be initiated into it and shared with the masses. 

No matter how much anyone wants to pretend like it's just some "thing" that everyone created...truth is truth. That same "it" that was in Chuck Berry's music that captivated everyone and evolved into "rock & roll"...is the same "it" in everything we do. It's innate. 

I was gonna mention jazz, R&B, Chuck, and rock music but I aint wanna take it all the way there. But you right.

"Columbus syndrome"

Last edited:

The end. Folks can deny it til they turn blue in the face.

But facts are facts and history is cyclical

For example some of the stuff Cole and Kendrick rap about, how' are those complex type dudes even gon know or understand what they talking bout ? Let alone give ratings/opinions on it...

Another example, They the types that took trap music and gave it another meaning and labeled some bs as trap cuz they never knew what it was in the 1st place

I agree, like that Anthony Fantano dude. I don't want this ***** reviewing Dirty Sprite 2 **** outta here!

I agree, like that Anthony Fantano dude. I don't want this ***** reviewing Dirty Sprite 2 **** outta here!
Right, because you have to be black to understand the depth behind lines like "I Just ****** yo ***** in some gucci flip flops..."

his speeding bullet to heaven review was funny tho reminded me of joe budden podcast about views

Yea because that's the extent of depth in Future's music.

Come on b.
Obviously not, My favorite future record is "Hardly" off of the Monster tape. I remember watching a BC interview with LA Reid and he described Super's music as "Soul Music" and I agreed with that 100%.

I was just alluding to the point that you don't have to be black or from the gutter to analyze black music, I don't think. I don't think music has a specific color in that regard.

Last edited:
I don't like Fantano at all but it's not because of his race.

I think he (along with sooooooo many other music critics and outlets) over do it. They treat music like a sport and psychoanalyze it to no end, when often times it's not meant to be evaluated as such.

For me it's simple. Do you like it or do you not?
laugh.gif
 It's music, it doesn't get more complicated than that. Although I do enjoy the occasional good review on an album by someone (not named fantano, way too pretentious for my liking. Too much of an elitist when it comes to music) 

Last edited:
his speeding bullet to heaven review was funny tho reminded me of joe budden podcast about views

This one had me :rofl:

I have no patience with this dude since his MBDTF review. Fam gave it a 6 :wow: :smh:

EDIT: Damn I step back in this thread and see Hov's credentials being questioned oh hell nah :smh:

Last edited:
No we don't, Jay z stunk it up on purpose. Came thru with a trash verse. Ruined the whole damn song

Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake :pimp:

Honestly that was first time Hov got overshadowed in a long time. Got a lot of hate for that verse :smh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom