🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

It's not the case now, as popular as he was, Wayne is looked at as a joke now and not legendary as he should be. Jay z got multiple generations noddin to him, Wayne has one generation, and they seemed to have left him.

It was that weirded skateboard **** he tried to pull off

Last edited:
It's not the case now, as popular as he was, Wayne is looked at as a joke now and not legendary as he should be. Jay z got multiple generations noddin to him, Wayne has one generation, and they seemed to have left him.

It was that weirded skateboard **** he tried to pull off

He was done when he became a "rockstar"

you think apple or someone would ever buyout drakes contract? birdman probably wont let it happen though idk

I was thinking he would leave when Wayne was going off on CM and Birdman. Remember IYRT being his last album he owed CM? :rolleyes

Drake got too much power to ever end up in Waynes situation. Its crazy but he seems to be able to drop whenever he wants. That's why I think Wayne's issues with Birdman are strictly personal.

Last edited:
Did you guys read that contract when Wayne was suing? Cash money has to give him like a 8 mill advance every time he releases an album. That's why that **** ain't out yet. He's still owed money from the last album

Last edited:
It's not the case now, as popular as he was, Wayne is looked at as a joke now and not legendary as he should be. Jay z got multiple generations noddin to him
same with jayz. i respect the moves he made financially, but musically? son has not made a good album since 2003. just skating off his past rep/status

same goes for puffy except change 2003 to 1997. birdman is holding to drake for dear life

drake is the only one on cash money making any money

drake wouldve made it without the wayne cosign. it helped obviously and was an easier path, but he's paying dearly for it now

Last edited:
Jay-z and Wayne are still on different levels right now. If Jay dropped a surprise album tomorrow it would go plat easily, also he's able to do arena tours while Wayne is currently booking hotels and other small venues

Honestly.... nas has dropped in a minute, both ye, and HOV music has all been dissapoining lately but all those guys are still looked at as higher echelon artist compared to Wayne

Still fell like If Carter V dropped after Believe Me it could of still pushed close to milli first week. Birdman did this man so wrong
mean.gif
THIS, Moment, Believe Me, D'usse, Krazy, Grindin'. I was ready smh

Still crazy to me how hes gone completely cold.

The rise and fall of He Nelly & DMX will always amaze me.

Jay-z and Wayne are still on different levels right now. If Jay dropped a surprise album tomorrow it would go plat easily, also he's able to do arena tours while Wayne is currently booking hotels and other small venues

Honestly.... nas has dropped in a minute, both ye, and HOV music has all been dissapoining lately but all those guys are still looked at as higher echelon artist compared to Wayne
different levels financially

no it would not. a jayz surprise album would be lucky to go gold

i like jayz music. i saw him front row on his last 5 arena/stadium show

but lets not kid ourselves here. both musicians fell off big time 

If you've been rapping since the 90s and people still are interested in your music how exactly did one fall off?

Did you not hear Drug Dealers anonymous? Doing that verse at this stage of your career is like Kobe dropping 55 at MSG last year.

Jay is still god tier lyrically
Wayne I believe could still put out a great album away from Cash Money.

I saw you said something about living off a name.

Hip-hop isn't a genre where you can just rap off your name. The music gotta be poppin.

Why is Fat Joe and Remy music so hot right now? You think people would spin All the way up if it wasn't hot just because we loved lean back?

If that's the case Wutang would be doing crazy numbers still. I love Wu more than anybody but I know that last cd ain't comparable too older releases and the magic ain't there like it once was

Last edited:

This is really a stretch right here. MCHG had Holy Grail and went gold the first week. This is Jay Z your talking about the man never fell off in terms of commercial appeal.

Wayne's style of music has been copied so much that it doesn't sound fresh anymore. And he ran out of clever things to say in that style years ago. It's not so much that he fell off, we're just less impressed because it's normal.

Back
Top Bottom