🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

Drake has always shown his respect to dancehall artist, that's why they're all cool with him.

Last edited:
That's from a charity game in Houston. The girl is Simone Manuel she won a gold medal in RIo.

Last edited:
Sean Paul though? The sellout vulture?

Look I love to **** on drake every chance I get for Shang tsunging music but dude always showed love their way. The hate needs to be for valid reason, not jealousy

Last edited:
It's mainly cause he's not working with them, Sean Paul wouldnt pass up a Drake feature, neither would Mr. Vegas

Drake been going down to Jamaica for yearssss before One Dance dropped. He is not faking the funk

And to be honest I understand why Sean Paul might be saying what he is saying. Drake is eating off his plate, dude doesn't want anyone to be making Dancehall inspired pop hits for American audience, because that's his niche (he is wayyyyyyy past expiration date though). Other dudes probably know that Drake will the closest they will every come to the North American mainstream market so they ain't sweat Drake. Sean Paul already been had mainstream success, so he wants that lane wide open so he can flourish in it again

Not all dancehall artists are cool with Drake. Many will not speak up on how they feel because they don't wanna be called haters. Vegas & Sean Paul are just 2 who spoke out.

Everyone won't be fine with it that's understandable but Drake never was a straight culture vulture. Guys like Vegas are going to ignore all the respect he's shown dancehall to benefit their own agenda.

Drake been going down to Jamaica for yearssss before One Dance dropped. He is not faking the funk

And to be honest I understand why Sean Paul might be saying what he is saying. Drake is eating off his plate, dude doesn't want anyone to be making Dancehall inspired pop hits for American audience, because that's his niche (he is wayyyyyyy past expiration date though). Other dudes probably know that Drake will the closest they will every come to the North American mainstream market so they ain't sweat Drake. Sean Paul already been had mainstream success, so he wants that lane wide open so he can flourish in it again

This. I would be feeling some way if I were these guys too. But his argument is invalid when he says Drake doesn't give credit, that's false.

Last edited:
Male duck is straight jackin my Jamaican people's culture. He most certainly is a culture vulture. Been saying it for years. Never have I seen a more heinous and despicable pillage and appropriation of another group's culture since Christopher Columbus. Male duck is a walking small pox blanket.

Anyone notice how the haters first claimed Drake was jacking Ramriddlz wave? Now he's jacking dancehall and Jamaican culture. I'm Jamaican too BTW :lol:

If son career was on the decline no one would care :lol:

Like I said they only hating cuz dude getting more and fame and reaching an even more broad audience every time. He's got the right idea though, nevermind the side talk and keep killing ****. These same haters will be showing respect when dude retire. Watch

His career is on decline though..

In 2017, he'll be just a footnote in the chapter about the dark ages of music.

Back
Top Bottom