🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

Originally Posted by RedMan

Originally Posted by k3stacks

CParkFresh wrote:

This album is a gateway to homosexuality... *deletes*
laugh.gif
This makes no sense, TC is about women he has smashed, strippers and stunting. People try so hard to go at Drake's "softness" when The same people complaining about relationship problems.
Word.
& I'm pretty sure you had plenty of sugar in the tank to begin with if listening to Drake affects you sexual preference
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Its funny how artists are blending genre lines and confusing fans that have limited understanding of expectations for their music.

Just be a fan of the music. If you came in expecting something you'll always been disappointed.

After my first listen, I'd rate this album a 7/10. Like someone said earlier before, he's always toeing that line between being a rapper and a singer so you might expect one thing just to get another. I can give Drake some respect for not being afraid to blend genres and doing what he wanted to do with the album even if it doesn't always have the best outcome IMO.

My favorite track so far is Crew Love...I'm sure after a few more spins I'll have more.

its what i expected and i do enjoy the album. my favorite joint as of now is cameras...im sure im alone on that one lol but i just dig that joint for some reason and lord knows is like 1b for me.
@ACE i feel you g. i was listening like they done brought juve back..... thats like diddy letting MGK redo flava in ya ear. maybe not that bad but atleast through juve on there for the respect.

"cash money records taken ova fa da  99anda2thousand"> practice

The album sounds great, I think 40 really stepped it up to be honest
I just cannot listen to Drake anymore. Everything sounds the same - the rapping is the definition of mediocre, the singing is boring everything is just boring

shot for me is probably my favorite track on the album. that track was on repeat for a good hour last night haha

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Its funny how artists are blending genre lines and confusing fans that have limited understanding of expectations for their music.

Just be a fan of the music. If you came in expecting something you'll always been disappointed.

Same thing I said about WTT and Cole World, I knew people were gonna dislike the albums for this same reason.

What genres did Cole blend?
laugh.gif

And I don't know how I feel about this album.
Listened 1 time and thought it's too soft and it's just ok.
Then got really
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
and listened again and thought ok it's pretty good but still soft.
There's songs that I really mess with but not on the level of Miss Me, Light Up, Karaoke or the end of Shut It Down.
I mean I wouldn't call it wack. It's cool but I don't know it's purpose. It's not reflecting music. Not riding music. I don't even see it as club music.

the album is dope.
pimp.gif

bout what I expected..

SWV sample on the low on Take A Shot for Me.. I see you!

album has some pretty good production just hate that dude sounds the same (rapping or singing) on almost every song, switch the cadence up for once man

Over My Dead Body
pimp.gif

Lord Knows
pimp.gif

Crew Love
pimp.gif

Underground Kings
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

We'll Be Fine
pimp.gif

Cameras
pimp.gif

The Real Her
pimp.gif

everything else is wack, Practice is flat out disrespectful to Juvie
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FEETure

its what i expected and i do enjoy the album. my favorite joint as of now is cameras...im sure im alone on that one lol but i just dig that joint for some reason and lord knows is like 1b for me.
@ACE i feel you g. i was listening like they done brought juve back..... thats like diddy letting MGK redo flava in ya ear. maybe not that bad but atleast through juve on there for the respect.

"cash money records taken ova fa da  99anda2thousand"> practice
You're not alone, my fav track as of now is "Cameras" too ..."Look What You've Done" is dope too.

Wait...."Lord Knows" though....
eek.gif
at that beat

Look What You've Done is some real *%#. I'd be content with this album if it wasn't for Practice.

*bumps Back That %@% Up*

He did turn one of the all time best bend over, shake that $%* twerkin songs into Simps R' Us.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by gregzzy23

I'd be content with this album if it wasn't for Practice.

*bumps Back That %@% Up*

Yeah, I find myself wanting to do the same. Can't stand "Practice," just terrible.

i thought i was alone on "practice." i was waiting for the beat to drop and for drake to get on his 97 cash money flow for a minute, but it never happened.

i don't know what they were aiming for with that, it seems a little misdirected. i need to hear it in the strip club.

Back
Top Bottom