🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

But I got R. Kelly over half the people you mentioned including The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, U2, Bob Dylan, and Elvis.

Kellz is amazing idc idc idc. What's funny is I legit didn't think you guys would disagree with this sentiment :lol:

Anti I love the first 8 chapters of TITC. Loved it. It just got silly and dumb as hell after that though.

So your claim is more of a personal preference opinion rather than an undisputed factual statement/notion that is universally recognized?

To each their own.

Michael Jackson, Elvis Presley, Bob Marley, Jimi Hendrix, The Beatles, Madonna, Miles Davis, Bob Dylan, Elton John, Louis Armstrong, The Rolling Stones, U2, Prince, James Brown, Stevie Wonder.........

That's just off the top.

Either expand your horizons of "all genres" or I'll take it you guys are just extremely young.

"Thoia Thoing" :lol: Let's not forget Robert has put out some terrible material as well. Especially during his phase of trying to act like a 19 year old.

Kellz is the equal of half if not better than half those artists. Kellz can write, compose, and produce his own music. Half the people on your list have to have an entire team to do their thing.

Dudes really arguing that R. Kelly isn't top 10 of all time? Dude helped make Michael jackson relelvant again and wrote his last monster hit. :smh: characters in here man

of all genres?

the fact that you would call people characters

for thinking there are 10 better artists than R. Kelly in

all of music let's me know allllll i need to know. :rofl:

This thread stay getting derailed. :lol:

R Kelly is definitely top 5 or 7 in R&B. I don't listen to Rock music other than Jimi Hendrix so I can't speak for all genres.

Last edited:
Kellz is the equal of half if not better than half those artists. Kellz can write, compose, and produce his own music. Half the people on your list have to have an entire team to do their thing.

On the fence? Back pedaling?

Let's just keep it moving...this isn't even a serious debatable topic.

Just say Kellz is one of your personal favorite of all-time...

And the original statement mentioned "all genres" which opened up this can of worms.

Bruh he made Down Low :pimp:

He compared a girl to a jeep and made a classic record out of it :whew:

He made I believe I can fly yo :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Born into the 90's classic. Tp2 classic. Happy people album classic. Hell love letter and trapped in the closet classic.

Bruh he made 12 play! Man kellztop 10 ever. I won't derail this thread anymore though my bad guise. I'll be back when when this thread is about drake again :lol:

King kellz #1

On the fence? Back pedaling?

Let's just keep it moving...this isn't even a serious debatable topic.

Just say Kellz is one of your personal favorite of all-time...

And the original statement mentioned "all genres" which opened up this can of worms.

I don't even rock with R. Kelly like that but I recognize his impact.

Let's just get back to Drake broski

Last edited:
Kanye West did a second radio interview, this one with KMEL. Speaking with hosts Sana & Kimmie, Kanye explained his relationship with Kim Kardashian, and complimented her fashion taste and the success she has had with her clothing line. He also talked about beign Christian, and the importance Christianity has played in his creative process, particularly in reference to Yeezus.

The highlight of the interview came when Kanye chose to clarify his comments about being a genius that he said in his interview with Jimmy Kimmel earlier this month. According to Kanye, his genius stems from collaborating with other geniuses, and utilizing their talents to create better art. He cited Drake as an example of someone he could learn from, saying, "I'll send Drake ten tracks and ask him to write every one of those choruses."

Kanye's relationship with Drake has been ambiguous for several years, with many suspecting that the two have beef with each other. However, these rumors were cleared earlier this year, when Kanye got on stage with Drake at the 2013 OVO Fest. The following week, Drake was at the Kardashian house, sharing a family dinner. Clearly, Kanye is a fan of Drake's work, and as Drake has always said in interviews, the sentiment is mutual.

http://www.complex.com/music/2013/10/kanye-west-kmel-interview

Marvin Gaye,

Curtis May,

Stevie Wonder,

Donny Hathaway,

Teddy P,

Prince,

Barry White,

Smokey Robinson,

MJ,

Sam Cooke,

Ron Isley,

Thats 11 off the top of my head better than R Kelly in the male R&B category.....of all time

Now if yall saying R Kelly is top 10 R&B in the 90s then yea. But stop narrowing down this genre just cause Robert was the best out since you've been born.

You can't put any of those guys besides Prince, Stevie, Barry and maybe Marvin Gaye in a studio alone and have them make an entire album, R. can do that.

Ye finally speaking well of the young king Drake again :pimp:

Need more work from those two emotional train wrecks of musical supremacy

Marvin Gaye,

Curtis May,

Stevie Wonder,

Donny Hathaway,

Teddy P,

Prince,

Barry White,

Smokey Robinson,

MJ,

Sam Cooke,

Ron Isley,

Thats 11 off the top of my head better than R Kelly in the male R&B category.....of all time

Now if yall saying R Kelly is top 10 R&B in the 90s then yea. But stop narrowing down this genre just cause Robert was the best out since you've been born.

I've seen you in these threads and I always respect your opinion.

As for R, I think he's top 5 of all time based on what he can do. What hurts R Kelly is those BS albums he puts out to sell. He's put out a lot of bad music to make money. Personally, he's in my top 3. He's the only artist that I know that can make a record about anything. He writes, sings, produces, plays instruments. The guy can't be touched. He even made 60s music sound good today with his last two albums (Love Letter and Write Me Back). As for the artists you listed, I have heard a lot of their classic music but I have no idea how much of it they wrote or produced so that also plays a factor for me.

Smh R was feeling himself on that tour

R. Kelly is the god though. Top 10 greatest musicians of all time regardless of genre. Srs.
tumblr_m6ux1dtBXj1radzsro1_r1_500.gif

I mean Trapped in the Closet is great and all, but is it really enough you make this claim? Especially when he has songs like Happy People :smile:x old people music) out there?

Hahahaha, AD is my guy but your opinion holds no weight. He beefed with your savior so you can't like him. He's also R&B and you don't listen to R&B. And as the last dagger, R. Kelly >>> Jay-Z when it comes to music and their impact.

AD's my guy, I hate it had to be him :smh:

Yea, Kells as great as he is definitely puts out a lot of BS, I know y'all remember that Double Up album :lol:

I also enjoyed Trapped in the Closet. Thought the concept and videos along were entertaining. It got carried away after chapter 6 or 8 but I loved it. Simple beat and simple story. Executed well

Marvin Gaye,

Curtis May,

Stevie Wonder,

Donny Hathaway,

Teddy P,

Prince,

Barry White,

Smokey Robinson,

MJ,

Sam Cooke,

Ron Isley,

Y'all bringing be back in :lol:

There's about 5 of those guys I would put R in front of. Plus as others stated, he writes, plays piano, sings, produces, just flat out incredible man. He's put out some bad records sure, but his good joints are legendary. And I wasn't narrowing down the genre at all, I listen to most of the guys you listed. Ron Isley and Sam Cooke are actually two of my favorites so the born argument really doesn't make any sense.

The only guys I would put ahead of him on this list are Ron Isley, Michael Jackson, Stevie Wonder, and Sam Cooke.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom