🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

Copped it .I Used to hate but I support dude and half way through haven't skipped a song yet!

Energy is the hardest **** out!

Last edited:
6PM in NY
9AM in Dallas
5AM in Toronto

NY, he let off the most shots, sounded the most "aggresive"

9AM, rode the beat, took it easy on the song

5AM, was cool also...let off a couple shots

Smoking out to Madonna daily, so visual.

I told my girl thats that late night creepin song, the type of joint you pick a girl up at 2AM to go smoke/chill at your crib with sweats on type **** :lol:

6PM in NY
9AM in Dallas
5AM in Toronto

NY, he let off the most shots, sounded the most "aggresive"

9AM, rode the beat, took it easy on the song

5AM, was cool also...let off a couple shots

5 AM in Toronto was way more aggressive and grimey than NY.. what are you talking about.

It's IMO...people who say "We want old Drake", I feel like they got that on '6PM in NY'

6PM sounds like he had something to prove

Last edited by a moderator:
It's IMO...people who say "We want old Drake", I feel like they got that on '6PM in NY'

6PM sounds like he had something to prove

That's one song out of 17 song mixtape tho.

Yea I know...I like how Drake is showing rappers could make a whole body of work with virtually no features...17 songs, only 3 had features (One being Wednesday Night Interlude) if you wanna count that

He regressed lyrically. I think he has reached his peak as an elite rapper. I'm hoping this is as tape full of throwaways because **** sounds uninspired and Drake is on cruise control lyrically. The vibe of this project is dope but I miss his old flows and cadences. 6pm is NY is so underwhelming for that track series. 5am may have been his peak.
This is true. People can say he switched it up, which is true, but he been switching it up since NWTS imo. It's kinda like he's gotten too comfortable with his bars just because he can. But it's Drake, so his "regular" ain't like most other dudes regular. I can't really put my finger on it, the bars definitely aren't bad, but when he spits a punchline now it's kinda like you heard it from him before. Nothing that pops out like it did before when he would spit. Idk, hopefully it's part of this experimental phase he's going thru.
It doesn't stand out because that's what his content has always been. He's a very solid rapper, no doubt. His flows are nice and has good simple punchlines. His content was same on So Far Gone as it is now, which is not a bad thing because you know what you're getting with Drake, and the fact that it's always consistent is what's dope. This album really shines in the production area which is why I like it more than NWTS. I really hope they make this a physical copy. I mean if you''re selling it on iTunes, give it to us in store. Would love to hear these beats uncompressed CDQ.

So we can all come to a common consensus that Drake has the crown, right?

NO

Mixtape is dope. But that's part of what always made me dislike Drake in the first place, too many stans. I mess with this tape heavy, but like most of Drakes songs, he's not changing up his content AT ALL, and it all sounds PRETTY similar. Let's be honest, how many songs sound like they could be "Started From the bottom part 2"

This is no 2014 Forest Hills Drive, no Tetsuo and Youth, and I'll be back in a week with how it compares to Dark Sky Paradise.

NO

Mixtape is dope. But that's part of what always made me dislike Drake in the first place, too many stans. I mess with this tape heavy, but like most of Drakes songs, he's not changing up his content AT ALL, and it all sounds PRETTY similar. Let's be honest, how many songs sound like they could be "Started From the bottom part 2"

This is no 2014 Forest Hills Drive, no Tetsuo and Youth, and I'll be back in a week with how it compares to Dark Sky Paradise.

You can't compare this to FHD which was an actual album, solid at that, to this which is essentially a mixtape.

Knowing Cole we're not about to hear from him for another 2-3 years whereas Drake his his actual album coming out sometime within the next 6 months, more than likely.

Wish the whole song of star 67 was like the first verse. Just waiting on someone to piss Drake off enough 

You can't compare this to FHD which was an actual album, solid at that, to this which is essentially a mixtape.

Knowing Cole we're not about to hear from him for another 2-3 years whereas Drake his his actual album coming out sometime within the next 6 months, more than likely.

If you wanna say Crown of Mainstream rap, and popularity, I'll give you that. Can't argue with you there. From a creativity, lyrical, and content point of view though, I just don't see how you can say he has the crown.

Either way, I'm still enjoying this tape a lot.

And yeah, I'll get back with you in a month on that one. I played FHD for about a month straight.

The only gripe I have with this mixtape like I said is a lot of it sounds VERY similar to other songs on it/other Drake songs. He's good at the songs that he makes, the hooks are catchy, the beats go, and he typically can skate on them, but a lot of it sounds TOO similar to give him the crown in my opinion.

Last edited:
I havent listened to the Cole album past the second week it was out. Didnt wow me like that. Born Sinner was better than it, and this is better than it.

I'm not checking for Lupe in 2015 so I have no idea what that album sounds like.

I havent listened to the Cole album past the second week it was out. Didnt wow me like that. Born Sinner was better than it, and this is better than it.

I'm not checking for Lupe in 2015 so I have no idea what that album sounds like.
You should bless yourself and listen to the album. I know you have time

Idk man...I can't say I'm listening to Drake for lyrics

And what's the deal with fickle rap fans?

Quick to pull that "it's not lyrical" for a BANGERS only tape

But then listen to someone like Lupe and not say a word, people out here not saying "where the bangers at Lupe?"

People who say "hip hop is dead" but listen to Young Thug and not Common or someone like that

Idk man...I can't say I'm listening to Drake for lyrics

And what's the deal with fickle rap fans?

Quick to pull that "it's not lyrical" for a BANGERS only tape

But then listen to someone like Lupe and not say a word, people out here not saying "where the bangers at Lupe?"

People who say "hip hop is dead" but listen to Young Thug and not Common or someone like that

I'm not hating on it not being lyrical, I'm saying how can you crown a rapper who's not lyrical?

Did he make an enjoyable tape? Yes.
Does it have bangers? Yes
Does that mean he deserves the crown? No.

When I want to expand my mind I'll listen to Lupe
When I want to chill and vibe out, I'll listen to Drake.

Drake can also sell 500,000 first week, where Lupe can't even do 50,000, so again, Drake wins when it comes to popularity.

When Drake makes a song like Mural, get back at me about giving him the crown.

Oh and Lupe's Madonna >>>>

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom