🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

When I say that skll im talking the same way dude talk about Jay not the same since "Blueprint" or "Black Album" but dudes skill looking to see what he drops. Son has not been j**** since for years. 

Im cool with Drake not having his own flow since he can rap in general. The same way I have no problem with Logic and The Game jacking other rappers flow.
i too feel drake aint the same. theres a reason fans from way back feel alienated and he touches on it too. he just changed, period. he went from spitting some REALLY real s*** to, the typical stuff  uhear on every radio station over a dj mustard beat. now thats perfectly fine as far as drake is concerned because thats what hes aiming for. and the culture itself is shifting that way. people rather hear "quotables" instead of substance. thats also fine. but i still havent heard many songs better than fear from drake in the past few years. 

to the other dude above, pop, is a genre. it is used to define a certain sound of music. so when they call drake a pop artist...theyre not referring to his popularity. and u knew that. drake has gone pop ever since that take care album. AND THATS FINE. personally, its just not my taste. he still spits, but he just doesnt try hard anymore.

Last edited:
Better at being popular?

Again, by that logic, Macklemoore is a top 3-5 rapper. Elle oh Elle.

I can easily name 10 who are better story tellers/more lyrical. That's not hard.
If I could scribble this **** out in crayons I would because you can't comprehend it this way apparently.

Let me try again.

As for as MAINSTREAM RAP  goes...please explain to me how Drake is not in an elite category.

Why the **** do you keep saying "better at being popular" when that's not what I'm asking you. I'm asking you AMONG THOSE POPULAR RAPPERS...tell me all these guys that are better than Drake.

Ok, but again, doesn't mean he's the goat nor deserves the crown. Easy as that.

Best part of this is you are actually getting heated, while im listening to the tape as I type this..... LOL

Last edited:
Ok, but again, doesn't mean he's the goat nor deserves the crown. Easy as that.

Best part of this is you are actually getting heated, while im listening to the tape as I type this..... LOL
Who the hell said he was the GOAT?

Now you just making **** up. Nobody's heated. I'm just bewildered and how awful your comprhension ability is.

When has anyone indicated Drake is a lyrical king? He just makes good music and that's that. Its all the other intangibles that make him great.. Delivery, Melody, Pitch, His ear for talent, Beat Selection, Honesty, Vulnerability, Charisma and ability to make people relate to what he raps about. It all come out in his music, thats why he can put a more lyrical song out like 5AM in Toronto but then hit you over the head with How Bout Now which isn't, but you still vibe.

Not yourself, but several people have stated he deserves the crown and is the best rapper out right now. I was just arguing that point.

At the end of the day I could care less what anyone else listens to, If it's musically pleasing to my ears I will listen. Tetsuo and Youth in my opinion is the best hip hop album of the past year easily. But that won't even sell 100,000. Do I care? Nope, still gonna listen to it and know that nobody is seeing Lupe lyrically.

It's just purely entertaining and comical people actually consider someone who sings half the time as a rapper who's worthy of the crown of rap. When content wise, he's been telling us the same story for years.

Last edited:
I feel people are hung up on the 90s hiphop and before. While not letting the art of rapping evolve because dude are singing or have pop type beats on their album.:\

That would be me. I'm not accepting this mediocre rap music today. Drake can rap but I don't think he's had a full song that blew my mind with his content or lyrics. He's had hot lines though.

As for singing, I'm a huge R&B fan. If I listen to rap, I wanna hear a cat that can rap. If I want to hear singing, I want to hear someone that can sing. Not in between.

Drake reminds me a lot of Nelly. That's not an insult, I like Nelly. Nelly could rap but went the other route for money. We've had this discussion in here before but let's not act like Nelly wasn't on top of the rap game for a few years. Diamond album, second album sold like 6-7 mil. Third album sold a few mil. Nelly was running ****.

Last edited:
I like maybe 3 songs off of Lupe's new album. 

Born Sinner to me was better than FHD, but it's still a good album. 

This **** is fire...
pimp.gif

To only be a mixtape at that...pretty impressive. 

I got enemies, got a lot of enemies...
pimp.gif

Moral of the story drake fans overrate the hell out of him. I hate his guts but son does have a hot lines/bars but I hear dudes say he's the best way too often and when u ask how or for them to show u they cut on a song with a couple hot bars. Guy came in my barbershop damn near crying cuz no one agreed drake>Kendrick

Nelly tho..... Nelly..... Lmao

Nelly could rap though. Nelly first album was a banger. Than he went pop route with the rest. That reminds me of Drake. Neither are at the top of their class. Drake is a big star and mad popular but hes not dropping lyrical songs or albums. "Take Care" is his best album IMO and that **** wasn't lyrical at all.

Moral of the story drake fans overrate the hell out of him. I hate his guts but son does have a hot lines/bars but I hear dudes say he's the best way too often and when u ask how or for them to show u they cut on a song with a couple hot bars. Guy came in my barbershop damn near crying cuz no one agreed drake>Kendrick

This. Selling more records does not equal greatness.

Nelly aint last 6 yrs at the top

Wayne was at the top popularity/mainstream wise for years.... And hasnt been good since Dedication 2, again this logic of him being at the type mainstream wise making him worthy of the crown is a joke.

Music is subjective and that's cool and all, some of you dudes just prefer songs that sound the same and have the same content over and over again over variety, substance, story telling, and lyricism, nothing wrong with that.

Last edited:
Y'all act like Drake on some Nelly **** though, dude is far from lyrical, but he makes bangers. 

By Nelly's second album he was finished. That's a horrible comparison, and I'm not even on Drake like that. I just know this **** is crazy. 

Going back to Lupe for a second, he has a few good tracks on the album, and for all his rapping ability he can't really create hot tracks anymore. 

I love Murals, Blur My Hands, Little Death, and Adoration of the Magi. All that other stuff on his album is...
grin.gif

Music is subjective and that's cool and all, some of you dudes just prefer songs that sound the same and have the same content over and over again over variety, substance, story telling, and lyricism, nothing wrong with that.

So, if I listen to Drake AND Lupe, where does that put me?

So, if I listen to Drake AND Lupe, where does that put me?

You like myself enjoy variety. As stated earlier, sometimes I like to vibe out and chill to Drake, some times I like to decipher Lupes lyrics.

There's NOTHING wrong with Drake, I've listened to all of his projects, his stans just overrate him like crazy.

Last edited:
Have always felt that Drake was underrated as a rapper. He can rap, really well. He's an elite rapper whether you wanna take it mainstream, underground, whatever he can rap. Then you throw the gift of songwriting that he has, with the catchy melodies, the versatility, man he's a load. (Pause) However this tape didn't show that. This tape reminds me of like Monster or Beast mode from future. A lot of sonic hits. Simple songwriting. I Love his new tape, but only because I'm only asking myself is the music good to me? Does it sound good? Period. And to me, it definitely does. If you're looking for Elite Drake rapping, you won't find it on this tape. Although that 6am is mean.

But Big Sean better than all the ****** y'all arguing about anyway so whatever.

LOL ok man. Keep telling yourself that. You've been listening to the exact same song by him over and over again for six years. Plus he only raps part time. The other half he's singing. He just finally released a project that's mostly rapping so I can actually listen to it.

Last edited:
And stop arguing about "Who has the crown" I hate when Hip Hop does that ****. There's no way you can find out who has the crown or who is the best in music. You can say who's the most popular, or who's the most successful, but there's no way you can crown someone the best. Stop trying to romanticize rap. This **** isn't a sport. There's only stats that make a rapper more popular or successful, but not better. That's completely subjective.

LOL ok man. Keep telling yourself that. You've been listening to the exact same song by him over and over again for six years. Plus he only raps part time. The other half he's singing. He just finally released a project that's mostly rapping so I can actually listen to it.

This is also a myth about Drake. Most of his projects are rapping over half the time.

Back
Top Bottom