🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

Drake didn't say that quote, for those who didn't visit the link. No way he says something that stupid. :lol:.

And Lil Chuckee was joking with that tweet.

Going gold in 3-4 days. You can't tell me Drizz' isn't the face of Hip-Hop in '15.

If you had any doubt....550k in a week with a mixtape that dropped out of no where.....
Yet my dudes KRIT (44k) and Lupe (35.7k) put out fantastic projects and can't crack 50k in a week. I think Joey Bad sold a little over 50k in first week.

Drake will always be around, he makes hits and music for women. Two of what usually generate the most sales.

The quality of the project doesn't = sales. Drake has a large fanbase

Why didn't dude have a verse on Wednesday Night Interlude 
mean.gif

iTunes releases take planning, clearances, etc. This wasn't a last minute decision. Also, as a policy, his parent company doesn't allow free downloads of music any longer. Universal has pulled down tracks of their own artists when they tried to throw them on SoundCloud with free download buttons.

iTunes releases take planning, clearances, etc. This wasn't a last minute decision. Also, as a policy, his parent company doesn't allow free downloads of music any longer. Universal has pulled down tracks of their own artists when they tried to throw them on SoundCloud with free download buttons.

The rumor was it was gonna be a free mixtape. Then right before the release, they changed their mind and decided to put it out on iTunes. Cleared the samples in a week or two. I guess we'll never know the truth but Drake is a pretty big artist, so he can definitely get samples cleared faster than most.

The rumor was it was gonna be a free mixtape. Then right before the release, they changed their mind and decided to put it out on iTunes. Cleared the samples in a week or two. I guess we'll never know the truth but Drake is a pretty big artist, so he can definitely get samples cleared faster than most.
That and he and his team and have the money to pay for samples.

Drake may not be on the Gawd level with Ye, Jay, and Nas but dude chilling in the throne room unlike the rest of these rapper. Doesnt matter if they can rap better him or make better club songs. Dudes just has not obtain that skill Drake has . 

That sound bite off Star67 speaks so much about the rap industry 

Kanye can't rapper better than Drake , man.. and hes def way more lyrical.

I saw a lot of y'all discussing Drake's deal in the other thread and claiming he has the best deal in the industry, LOL. In fact, he got screwed over by Cortez so hard that he couldn't wait to drop him as his manager when the four-year maanagement deal was over (he hired Future the Prince & Oliver Khabsds).

Drake is signed to Aspire (Cortez), Young Money and Cash Money, who all own 33% each of his masters. Drake has a standard 18% royalty fee deal, which he gets after his a couple hundred thousand dollar advance is recouped.

How did Cortez screw over Drake? He signed him to exclusive management and recording agreements (blatant conflict of interest), which gave Drake nothing but a promise that Cortez will find a major label, in return for ownership rights to Drake's future master recordings to Cortez. Cortez then turned to his other management client Wayne (blatant conflict of interest, again) and cut a deal where he retained 33% of the masters and YMCMB got the rest.

And the deal explicitly says that no one can sell a copy of a master without the permission of Cash Money Records, so no Drake didn't drop this latest project without Birdman. Stop it.

Source:
http://www.entlawdigest.com/2012/07/27/Drake.pdf (the last letter from Drake's attorney trying to get out of the deal is hilarious and ****** up in so many ways)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspire_Music_Group

Star67 is on repeat :smokin something about that bass.. reminds me of Bauhaus's bela Lugosi's dead/ dark entries..

Lol at them docs up there. Where all the industry insiders that claimed Drizzy got the sweetest deal ever, all this time their mans was getting fleeced like everydamnbody else ever signed to CMR :rofl:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom