🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

Autocorrect and in attention had me say streets instead of six. :lol:

But yeah he says wolves I think.

Last edited:
Hmm blasting it in the whip I coulda swore he said "wolves" and was like oh it's so he didn't say whoas. I guess I'm wrong though if it's been confirmed already.

Last edited:
wolves wouldve been some G s*** to say tho. runnin thru the 6 with my wolves > with my woes 
pimp.gif

First off Wu-Tang was mainstream, but whatever that's an irrelevant point. Every mainstream hit in the 80's and 90's that was a hip hop song was a sample. PERIOD. I mean "Ice, Ice, Baby", "You Can't Touch This", hell Hip-Hop's first mainstream hit was basically a cover of a then time disco song ("Rapper's Delight"). I'll give Kanye only one credit for sampling in that he's one of the few who can still pay for full length samples. That's why people like Primo had to get creative because they couldn't afford to pay those prices and so they got creative in chopping up stuff. But in reality Kanye ain't nothing but the new age Bomb Squad when it comes to sampling. Those dudes were sample masters and made some of the greatest beats of all time. And please don't write back and tell me PE wasn't mainstream when they were going platinum in a time in Hip-Hop when the only platinum artists where Vanilla Ice, Hammer and Beasties. Kanye was not the first to make sampling mainstream, not even close.
You clearly read none of my post so we'll go at it this way. Dr. Dre is FAR more mainstream than Kanye will ever be and damn near all of his classics are samples. His biggest song is a flat out cover. So how is it again Kanye made sampling mainstream.

I know he's in Canada, but wolves wouldn't make any sense. I immediately thought it was a short of whodie upon the first listen.

You clearly read none of my post so we'll go at it this way. Dr. Dre is FAR more mainstream than Kanye will ever be and damn near all of his classics are samples. His biggest song is a flat out cover. So how is it again Kanye made sampling mainstream.
giphy.gif

back to running thru these streets with wolves.

Funny how folks always try to start artist wars in these threads.

Last edited:
This is the best way to drop music if you're a big name artist. You don't spend any money on promo. It spreads like fire through social media, download links are hard to find in the first few hours so people are so eager to be apart of the hype that they'll buy it. They'll buy it to participate in discussions online or in person or they just want to be part of this moment.

Been trying to tell people this verbatim. It's a genius move from a big time artist. I personally love it and hope it continues catching on as it appears it will do.

500k on a digital album (It's 100% an album) is insaneeeee. What's crazy is if he did promo for this project, and then dropped it on iTunes I don't think he does this much. As you said, some of the spike in sales are due to it spreading like fire through social media, and people buying it so they won't miss out.

He should just drop every album this way then and never do interviews or press runs s*** would be ill fareal....

Dropping music with no promo ain't innovative or particularly smart.

Yeah, like 5-10 hip-hop/R-n-B artists can do it, sure. The rest of them would crash and burn. Drake will go gold no matter what. As will Ye, Jay, Beyoncé and a handful of others.

But let a Wiz Khalifa or Rick Ross drop an album with no big single...

Yeah, like 5-10 hip-hop/R-n-B artists can do it, sure. The rest of them would crash and burn. Drake will go gold no matter what. As will Ye, Jay, Beyoncé and a handful of others.

Hasn't Ross done that with the past 2 albums?

Hasn't Ross done that with the past 2 albums?
And as a result "Hood Billionaire" flopped.

Lowkey so did "Mastermind" and that actually had singles and promo. And no one would argue that Ross is a HUGE rap star but even he can't do it.

Last edited:
ok so for instance if Kendrick drop album #2 out the blue would that help his sales versus him having a release date?

I just think it's certain artists like someone said up there...Drake covers a lotttt of crowds, he will always sell unless he really chooses not to

Kendrick isn't at THAT level...neither is Cole

Back
Top Bottom