🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

tumblr_nsw0swNRpQ1qmhpy2o1_540.jpg
Lawd

I heard about the Drake stimulus but there's actually a "Drake strategy" out there?

Execs thinking its a Internet marketing ploy on why Drake is so big?
mean.gif
Its all about making good music that connects with the people.. nothing less.

http://greenlabel.com/sound/drake-marketing-strategy/
No it isn't. Drake and co. have said it themselves that they plan everything out. It's absolutely a strategy behind what they do.

That article is right, and I been on it for a minute. It's a genius strategy. One that makes it look like he's working w/o a machine and what not. The prime example of this is how they just parlayed the success of Hotline Bling, and how now it's an official single. As if he didn't have to play it for the label before premiering it on Apple Music.

Last edited:
No it isn't. Drake and co. have said it themselves that they plan everything out. It's absolutely a strategy behind what they do.

That article is right, and I been on it for a minute. It's a genius strategy. One that makes it look like he's working w/o a machine and what not. The prime example of this is how they just parlayed the success of Hotline Bling, and how now it's an official single. As if he didn't have to play it for the label before premiering it on Apple Music.

I'm completely aware that since day one that Drake and Oliver changed the game with their marketing. Drake blew himself up man that ain't no secret. The execs in the article spent most of the time talking about his marketing but didn't give him just due on his music. Drake is winning because he's been putting out great music for years. This isn't something that be replicated through just marketing. I guess that's how a lot the industry trends work but if your artist cant reach the people through great music alone than smh.

Last edited:
I'm completely aware that since day one that Drake and Oliver changed the game with their marketing. Drake blew himself up man that ain't no secret. The execs in the article spent most of the time talking about his marketing but didn't give him just due on his music. Drake is winning because he's been putting out great music for years. This isn't something that be replicated through just marketing. I guess that's how a lot the industry trends work but if your artist cant reach the people through great music alone than smh.
Great music only gets you to a certain point though. And Drake didn't "Blow himself up" g. CM / Universal backed SFG. How else do you think records like successful and Best I ever had charted on the hot 100?

Sure the great music is ultimately why he's winning, but the article is essentially saying that Drake's campaign with his music makes it appear that there is no label involvement and that everything is organic and that isn't necessarily true. 

The great music helps in that it makes this type of marketing scheme easier to do. He can pretend to be completely indie, and refute all of the aids of a big machine like Universal Republic because the music is that good. So yeah it helps, but he does have a machine behind him. He just doesn't use it nearly as much as his labelmates and other artist would.

Last edited:
Drake's music is average at best. You just don't want to admit you've been duped by marketing for the last few years. It's all good bro. Everyone plays the sheep sometime.

Drake's music is average at best. You just don't want to admit you've been duped by marketing for the last few years. It's all good bro. Everyone plays the sheep sometime.
This is subjective, but if you think his music is average at best then fine. I wouldn't argue that. But I would argue that if you don't see the appeal in his music, then you're the sheep.

Also, A lot of people would disagree with you in terms of Drake's music being "average." His success says that you're opinion on his music is the minority, but that's what subjectivity is all about.

"Universal truth isn't measured in mass appeal"

And if I'm in the minority, then I can't be a sheep.

And there are a lot of artists out that are hot and are extra average. R&b artists that can't really sing. Rappers who can't freestyle or craft whole songs. It's just the era we're in, as far as mainstream artists go. And Drake is no exception.

Last edited:
"Universal truth isn't measured in mass appeal"

And if I'm in the minority, then I can't be a sheep.

And there are a lot of artists out that are hot and are extra average. R&b artists that can't really sing. Rappers who can't freestyle or craft whole songs. It's just the era we're in, as far as mainstream artists go. And Drake is no exception.
That's your opinion.

Nope. That's pretty much a fact. The artists of today are far less talented as artists from back in the day. Since the 90s it's just been a steady decline in quality.

It's so weird how people can dedicate so much time and energy into hating another artist. I'm not a fan of Machine Gun Kelly's music, but there's no way I'd be posting daily about how much I think his music is terrible. I just heard it, hated it, and never listened or thought about it again.

There's several dudes on here that will even go out of their way have a chance to drop hate on an artist in an unrelated thread :lol:

It's like my man Edmund Burke said:

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Cats is being bamboozled and led astray by the Canadian.

I'm here to save you all.

Last edited:
I will say that skills =/= success, at some point people were crediting Drakes "Jewish connection" to his success.

Idk...he's been consistent with the music.

The "machine" argument is apparent on "It's Too Late.."

It was gonna be a free tape until the "machine" stepped in and turned it into a commercial release

What the "machine" CAN'T control is making people go out and buy it, and that's where/what artists sink/swim IMO

I dunno why dude, or any Drake hater, brings up that he is Canadian. Like it is some knock on him

First it means absolutely nothing

Secondly it is like they don't know Drake is an American too.

Really weird :lol:

Last edited:
I don't hate Drake. I hate his impact on the game. And I don't believe in making fun of people for things they can't help. Not knockin him at all from being from the land of maple syrup, ay

I don't hate Drake. I hate his impact on the game. And I don't believe in making fun of people for things they can't help. Not knockin him at all from being from the land of maple syrup, ay
Land of maple syrup > you 

And its EH not ay 
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom