🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

As far as the Hotline bling / cha cha thing, Osh just summed that up almost perfectly. To take it a step further, if KTT doesn't title hotline bling "cha cha remix" then this commotion between the two records probably wouldn't be nearly as potent. Drake and OVO NEVER titled Hotline bling as the Cha Cha remix.

And as far as the Drake biting other artist / stealing thing, I mean that's a slippery slope. Covering hot and buzzing records and making your own version(s) of them isn't a new phenomenon. If you were in the club in the mid 2000's or listening to the radio around that time period, Lil Wayne's cover of certain records were far more popular than the OG version of the record. Most of the covers drake does isn't monetized so what's the issue here? If you have an issue w/ what drake is doing, then I honestly feel like your issue is misguided and has more to do with the lack of ethics in Hip-Hop culture. But then again, covering records and making them your own isn't a hip-hop phenomenon either.

I guess because Drake does it with artist who are relatively obscure, that his "genuiness" (spellcheck lol) is construed as kniving and that there are alterior motives that go beyond hearing a record, and liking a record, and doing your own version of it. But that's just it. Anything else is really hard to prove and IMO doesn't have any real legs to stand on. What Drake is doing isn't new. 

It isn't Drake's responsibility to work with an artist beyond that record to prove that the connection is genuine. It isn't his responsibility to sign the artist after he covers their song. What Drake is doing in Hip-Hop isn't new, has been done plenty of times and your issue shouldn't be with drake, but rather the ethical nature in hip-Hop (and music) in general. 

Where did you see that Drake offered to DRAM to be on Hotline Bling?

That changes a lot.

Some podcast. I listen to so many, I think the breakfast club interview when they were talking to wale about it, or maybe it was the joe budden interview. maybe it was joe budden podcast.

I swear I heard someone say ovo offered dram a feature but he turned it down.

give me a minute let me find it.

edit I think it was combat jack joe budden podcast.

Last edited:
Damn looks like he's not going to number 1 after all. He's number 2 again this week and Adele going to debut at number 1 next weekend and pretty much keep it for the rest of the year :lol:

Damn looks like he's not going to number 1 after all. He's number 2 again this week and Adele going to debut at number 1 next weekend and pretty much keep it for the rest of the year :lol:

Dawg Adele is about to straight murder them charts for the 8-12 months. :lol:

Some podcast. I listen to so many, I think the breakfast club interview when they were talking to wale about it, or maybe it was the joe budden interview. maybe it was joe budden podcast.

I swear I heard someone say ovo offered dram a feature but he turned it down.

give me a minute let me find it.

edit I think it was combat jack joe budden podcast.

It was Joe Budden with Combat.

Dawg Adele is about to straight murder them charts for the 8-12 months. :lol:

Adele's 25 album is to the burbs, what DS2 was to the trap....................times a million :lol:

Dog I know Drake gotta feel a way that he ALMOST had this year on lockdown for highest selling album, then Bieb, Adele and 1D all drop at the very end of the year smh

Damn Abel got 6 weeks on top. He really gonna keep my son from reaching the summit. I'm not eem mad cause the video should have been on YouTube. Hotline Bling was everywhere except Vevo :rolleyes

Billboard does take YouTube views into account and the vid is nowhere to found on there. I guess Apple Music should take some the blame.

Dog I know Drake gotta feel a way that he ALMOST had this year on lockdown for highest selling album, then Bieb, Adele and 1D all drop at the very end of the year smh
To be honest, even Taylor Swift sold more albums than him this year also :lol:

Her album dropped last year so he would have the highest release from this year, but not anymore :lol:

A lot of the links on Soundcloud had it labelled as "Hotline Bling (Cha Cha Remix)", I'm not sure but OVO Sound might have as well. Many hip hop blogs all had it labelled as the Cha Cha remix as well
All from KTT.

KTT found the snippet of Hotline bling some months before it came out, labeled it as the cha cha remix, and the internet took it and ran with it.

Does anyone have an OVO core collection owl hoodie in a medium? trying to find my boy one for a birthday present and the site is sold out

I must've missed the last one :smh:

It's 2015 my ____, a quick Google search will remedy that :lol:

Wonder what they'll be doing for this week's episode though. I'd love a new project from either Majid Jordan or Party to follow right behind it. Or both would be even better.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom