🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

The two times I corrected you.

Bout Drake profiting off of Sweeterman on ITunes, and the song having 500k views before Drake "stole" it

Unless you where just completely misinformed, then my bad on calling you a liar
I said he jacked it sweeter man and Ramriddlez didn't profit on it

cuz someone said he help homie out by getting on the song!

but we point out the he didn't.

Go back n read

Ok fair enough

And regarding the song views?

-And Drake been shouting out and playing Kodak's music on OVO Sound radio since the summer.

Last edited:
It can go both ways.

Drake ain't even hop on nothing yet so this is all premature but either way, you can take a Drake co sign and let it overshadow everything else you do (Makonnen) or you can keep making good/hot music and use the added attention to your advantage (Weeknd).

I'm sure Kodak will do the latter, he been grinding for a minute and got his following in Florida out the mud and had millions of views pre Drake.

Kodak music is 5% decent, 95% struggle IMO

Dude has to improve a lot for me to even care :lol:

The Drake co-sign means nothing to me. Even since dude tried to tell people OB O'Brein was next, that ***** can't be trusted :lol:

Last edited:
It can go both ways.

Drake ain't even hop on nothing yet so this is all premature but either way, you can take a Drake co sign and let it overshadow everything else you do (Makonnen) or you can keep making good/hot music and use the added attention to your advantage (Weeknd).

I'm sure Kodak will do the latter, he been grinding for a minute and got his following in Florida out the mud and had millions of views pre Drake.

Dude has to improve a lot for me to even care
laugh.gif

The Drake co-sign means nothing to me. Even since dude tried to tell people OB O'Brein was next, that ***** can't be trusted
laugh.gif
Pretty much if you're quality, cream rises to the top, you'll get the attention you deserve. A Drake co-sign will only enhance your status. If you're garbage a co-sign won't change that

It can go both ways.

Dude has to improve a lot for me to even care :lol:

The Drake co-sign means nothing to me. Even since dude tried to tell people OB O'Brein was next, that ***** can't be trusted :lol:
Pretty much if you're quality, cream rises to the top, you'll get the attention you deserve. A Drake co-sign will only enhance your status. If you're garbage a co-sign won't change that

This whole back and forth has made me think that maybe I should else up on the Frankie hate

Maybe after Chad washes him, I can give illPhillip hell one last time, then chill :lol:

Last edited:
I think ppl are giving Drake too much credit. Like stated before, the ones that are legitimately talented are gonna make it out alive (future/weeknd/migos) post Drake cosign.

The ones that are like Makkonnen/Reese are only getting an extra 3 months on their buzz.

It maybe just a selfish move by they part but the music gon speak for itself if its good or not after Drake lays a verse on your track

I only feel SLIGHTLY bad for DRAM but less now that I heard he turned down a remix feature.

The rest of these dudes I can't even understand why anyone would have any sympathy.

If you have talent you will do nothing but benefit from Drake "jacking" your song.

So, DRAM turns down a feature from Drake, and then Drake just says **** it and takes the song anyways. And that's ok?

Wonderful logic :lol:

And I can understand why being talented wouldn't matter, but y'all just keep missing the point, man. This man Drake has shown time and time again that he'll ride waves, take lyrics, ect, ect, but y'all still find ways to defend this man.

No one cares about you Earl Sweatshirt with your stupid rap moniker

Sounds like jealousy on his behalf. OF was supposed to be the ones that changed the game, but they came and went with no impact on the genre. The Earl Sweatshirt hype was unreal then when he "came home", he fizzled and didn't live up to the expectations. If Drake reached out to him would he turn it down? Hell no especially now.

This man Drake has shown time and time again that he'll ride waves, take lyrics, ect, ect, but y'all still find ways to defend this man.

What artists other than DRAM, Rappin 4 Tay, and Meek Mill have had a problem with Drake co-signing them, doing a verse for them, or taking lyrics from them?

What artists other than DRAM, Rappin 4 Tay, and Meek Mill have had a problem with Drake co-signing them, doing a verse for them, or taking lyrics from them?

Those aren't co-signs. The ramriddlz track, Versace, tony Montana, etc. are co-signs.

Migos did have something slick to say about him biting their flow not too long ago.

Just spun take care for the first time in a while and appreciate a few songs that I used to skip over. Very solid album.

Those aren't co-signs. The ramriddlz track, Versace, tony Montana, etc. are co-signs.

Migos did have something slick to say about him biting their flow not too long ago.

They aren't all co-signs that's why I mentioned taking lyrics and giving verses. I know DRAM still doesn't fit, but whatever that's beside the point. If most of these artists aren't speaking out against Drake using them then why are you saying we give him a pass like it's on us to call him out?

They aren't all co-signs that's why I mentioned taking lyrics and giving verses. I know DRAM still doesn't fit, but whatever that's beside the point. If most of these artists aren't speaking out against Drake using them then why are you saying we give him a pass like it's on us to call him out?

Do you see what happened to Meek? That's why. Who in their right mind is gonna call dude out and end up a punchline and in a meme on the internet. Like Wale said, you can't compete with a dude who has Burger King and Redbull and other cooperations on his side, joining in on the fun. No rapper is gonna call him out cause they want that feature or a co-sign from dude. It's honestly not that far fetched. Drake is untouchable.

No rapper is gonna call him out cause they want that feature or a co-sign from dude.

Exactly! So, why should we call out Drake when that's what most of them want? Of course, the exceptions being DRAM and 4 Tay.

And let's be honest, Meek caused that whole situation on himself. DRAM stated his feelings on the Hotline Bling/Cha Cha situation and didn't end up like Meek.

I'm sure Ramriddlz don't look at it as a co-sign, the average person doesn't even know he exists, they think it's Drake's song. 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

But think about it..what this guy is doing is genius...taking songs no one would even give a listen to, to making it a top song on all the charts...that's brilliant.

He's Phil and Jordan.

pimp.gif
Wipe the dirt off your knees.

The fact that Drake is aware of these songs means they were buzzing already.

I said the same thing when Kanye remixed Don't Like.

If a major artists hops on an indie track...that song would have had to already be on fire for them to want to hop on it.

Last edited:
I said the same thing when Kanye remixed Don't Like.

If a major artists hops on an indie track...that song would have had to already be on fire for them to want to hop on it.
Yeah but at least with Cheif Keef
Was put on Ye album had his own feat on there

The others!

No where to be found!

Drake never put anyone of those guys on his LP

Last edited:
So, DRAM turns down a feature from Drake, and then Drake just says **** it and takes the song anyways. And that's ok?

Wonderful logic :lol:

And I can understand why being talented wouldn't matter, but y'all just keep missing the point, man. This man Drake has shown time and time again that he'll ride waves, take lyrics, ect, ect, but y'all still find ways to defend this man.

From what I understand Drake offered DRAM the oportunity to feature on Hotline Bling.

Heres the thing, Hotline Bling is a different song. the song is different enough, different sample, different lyrics where DRAM doesn't really have any legal rights to anything. You don't get paid for inspiration. Drake didn't have to offer him anything, but he did anyways. Imo once DRAM turn that down, then he should stop complaining. You released a song a someone else got inspired by it and made another song, unfortunately for him Drake is A level song writer so Hotline Bling obliterated Cha Cha. Tough luck.

This isn't about defending Drake this is about the reality of art. Hip Hop is no longer this underground thing it's the dominant artistic expression of youth culture, and because of that it's subject to the same forces that all matrure creative forms deal with...

That NOTHING is original, and everything is a remix of something else,

this idea that Drake owes something to DRAM or did DRAM wrong is an antiquated notion from when hip hop was a young art form, YOUR WORKS WILL INSPIRE OTHER WORKS, if you have a problem with that stop making art.

Last edited:
From what I understand Drake offered DRAM the oportunity to feature on Hotline Bling.

Heres the thing, Hotline Bling is a different song. the song is different enough, different sample, different lyrics where DRAM doesn't really have any legal rights to anything. You don't get paid for inspiration. Drake didn't have to offer him anything, but he did anyways. Imo once DRAM turn that down, then he should stop complaining. You released a song a someone else got inspired by it and made another song, unfortunately for him Drake is A level song writer so Hotline Bling obliterated Cha Cha. Tough luck.

This isn't about defending Drake this is about the reality of art. Hip Hop is no longer this underground thing it's the dominant artistic expression of youth culture, and because of that it's subject to the same forces that all matrure creative forms deal with...

That NOTHING is original, and everything is a remix of something else,

this idea that Drake owes something to DRAM or did DRAM wrong is an antiquated notion from when hip hop was a young art form, YOUR WORKS WILL INSPIRE OTHER WORKS, if you have a problem with that stop making art.

I feel you, I really do. But the fact that he went about it the way he did was grimey and nothing is gonna change my opinion about that. I understand that literally everything about the song is "different," but Drake basically took the guys whole wave and made it his own after DRAM already made his own song popular.

Back
Top Bottom