🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

Listened to Views, called my ex, some dude picked up.

FML

mean.gif
You can't be serious 

Don't get the he needs to change his subject matter talk. Is rap the only genre where its fans ask for their artist to do something different from what made them like said artist? Experimenting with sounds is one thing, but who really wants Drake rapping from the point of view of a drug addicted single mom? Jeezy said it best.

You still talking blow
You god damn right
What else I'm gonna say
That's my ************* life

The only thing that will change is his braggadocio raps will come from the view of an og who has been on top for so long.

Sidebar: Fire & Desire?

Look what thread u in.... u got ban talking bout calling their ex and dudes answering. Grown men smoking hookah and sipping smirnoff coolers. Then dudes making excuses, or yea I talked to drake. This the rnb part the rap side will be out but july.

We can argue about what type of music he put out all day, it ain't his fault honestly. He just raps/sings what they give him. I broke down and listened last night and :lol:. We keep giving this guy credit for having this flow/that flow/the other flow when it's simply the writers doing. If QM was writing these tracks u would hear if your reading this type ****.

Last edited:
Y'all drake haters need to go get some money & let others enjoy the album. Views is dope, u don't like drake cool, but to say the album is bad is a reach

Y'all drake haters need to go get some money & let others enjoy the album. Views is dope, u don't like drake cool, but to say the album is bad is a reach
Sound like drake talking to his imaginary haters. Money is just fine round these parts and what about his fans calling it trash? U need to get out more.

I like Drakes other albums, but this album is not nearly as good as any of his other albums. That's no reach, it's my opinion. 

I have supported Drake since comeback season and I like his music but this album isn't very good IMO.

If dudes think this album is good Drake can literally make anything and people will like it. :lol:

Even on NWTS he had Tuscan Leather, Connect, From Time, Pound Cake, Paris Morton Music 2. Some good/great songs. This album has none of that.

Last edited:
Well I got a chance to listen to this album few times end to end, six times in fact so I feel like I can speak on it now.

No need for the long winded analysis of every track but I can say that I really like this album, not a song that I dont like on here (surprise surprise Stan comment). I expected this to be his most rap heavy album and I was met with the opposite, this is his most singing heavy album, I didnt do a song count or anything but when I'm listening I just hear more singing Drake than I do rapper Drake. Which isnt a problem because I like singing Drake, if we're going to label this as an R&B album it'll be the only R&B album I've ever liked in my life.

The production is top tier and you're getting the Drake subject matter that you were always getting before. One thing that I can say is that this sounds like an album he wanted to make and theres not a lot of outside influence on here to try and create some sort of single bait sound or whatever you wanna call it.

I've never gotten the comments in the vein of "its too many tracks". If its an artist I like I'd want as many tracks as possible and pray for no misses, which on this album there are none. I didnt listen to any of the songs that leaked earlier in the month with the exception of Pop Style and Controlla and One Dance fit fine in the album where they are. Also didnt hear the version with the Popcaan feature so I dont know whether or I not I should be missing it.

Part of me feels like it should have been a double Disc too, and the tracks from If You're Reading This Its Too Late being the other songs on the disc. It was the rap heavy project with some singing tracks mixed in and had a ton of 6 references (Star67, 6od, 6Man, etc etc) whereas this album would have been the singing heavy porject with rap songs mixed in and has few to little six references.

I always expected this to be his third best album which it is. He's gonna be hard pressed to make an album better than both NWTS and TC which are classics to me, he could very well match them, but surpassing those is gonna be hard. This album is great though, but its a tier below those albums, and at the same time he'll never make an album like TML again which will always stand as his "worst" album.

If people dont really like I can get that too, Drakes gonna keep making the same Drake music he was making and if you weren't on the boat then I don't expect you to get on it now. For people who are Drake fans and dont like it, I get that too, the way this album was marketed and spun was nothing like the sound we actually got.

But yeah, I like it.

I think Drake is a herb and a real sucka but he got some good music and I'm a big fan of 40. I check all his albums out. Take Care is his best and I liked half of NWTS. Didn't like the Future album or If You're Reading This.

I got up to Redemption and that was all I could listen to. Songs like Keep the Family Close, U With Me, Feel No Ways are BAN anthems. Like you a real *** *** N if you riding to those songs. Just so much whining and whimpering for a grown *** man. He can't sing and he was trying too hard to sing on some of them. I'll finish the album one day but not today. I had to go throw on actual R&B after this one. I think he's gotten so many different styles, flows and genres that he doesn't know what he wants to do and can't find himself. Ty Dolla $ign album is 10000x better than this. He's not a great singer but he had a great balance without selling like a sucka.

This is a Pop album, not an R&B album.

I also think a part of my soul died when I heard him neuter DMX on his song.

Last edited:
IYRTTITL was better. Way better.

Hell, Tuscan leather gets me more hype than any song off this album. I must say though 9 and Grammys are my jams though, and I hate future...

I think Drake is a herb and a real sucka but he got some good music and I'm a big fan of 40. I check all his albums out. Take Care is his best and I liked half of NWTS. Didn't like the Future album or If You're Reading This.

I got up to Redemption and that was all I could listen to. Songs like Keep the Family Close, U With Me, Feel No Ways are BAN anthems. Like you a real *** *** N if you riding to those songs. Just so much whining and whimpering for a grown *** man. He can't sing and he was trying too hard to sing on some of them. I'll finish the album one day but not today. I had to go throw on actual R&B after this one. I think he's gotten so many different styles, flows and genres that he doesn't know what he wants to do and can't find himself. Ty Dolla $ign album is 10000x better than this. He's not a great singer but he had a great balance without selling like a sucka.

This is a Pop album, not an R&B album.

I also think a part of my soul died when I heard him neuter DMX on his song.
You probably smoking peach hookah with Views on repeat right now aint you?

Ty$ def had one the top album of 2015

Heard "One Dance" in the club last night.....that song is AMAZING. That Afrobeat sound is :pimp:. It goes in the whip as well.

And upon further review, "Grammys" is a banger. "Shirt off shawty". And Future' verse wasn't as bad as I initially thought. He just repeats the hook a few times, then starts spazzing. Not his best, but he did his thing....and was flowing.

I've listened to the albums four-five times through, and I feel like it's above average, but definitely not up to its potential, and definitely not album of the year (that's a tie between Bas' Too High to Riot & Domo Genesis' Genesis). It's more of the same ol' same ol', which isn't neccessarily a bad thing, it just got more tried this go round. It's honestly a mix between TML and TC in that it's weak raps for the most part, with a lot of singing in it as well. It's a vibes album, Many late night rides will take place with this playing this summer. But I was expecting some Worst Behaviour, Legend type **** on here, and it's nowhere to be found. 

Weston Road Flows, Faithful (the Pimp C sample is the best part of the album for me), One Dance, Child's Play, the Interlude, and Views are the only songs that I feel like I'll be banging heavy from this, but time will tell. 

I just have a problem with Stans on here and on twitter talmbout, "If you don't like this album you're a hater idc." Album is far from being an undisputed classic, so please calm that noise. 

Back
Top Bottom