🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

How the only R&B album u ever like come from a ***** who can't sing? Antidope need to go revisit the 90s. This is more popular than anything.

Last edited:
Can't say I love it. Can't say I hate it.

The opening song is awful. Tracks 2 thru 11 flow well and are good to me. But One Dance, Grammys, Childs Play, Pop Style and Too Good are all complete and utter garbage. Quite possibly the worst string of songs I've ever heard. Album ends nicely after that though.

Take out those 5 songs and you have a solid effort IMO. I'm not sure why cats insist on these long *** albums that don't hold the listener's attention.

Also, I'm not sure why dudes are still crying about his subject matter--nothing has changed with this dude ever. IYRTITL was an anomaly of an album as far as content goes. I will say I was hoping for more of the Tuscan Leather Drake as far as rapping/flows go. But content-wise, nothing has really changed.

Look what thread u in.... u got ban talking bout calling their ex and dudes answering. Grown men smoking hookah and sipping smirnoff coolers. 
laugh.gif

The opening song is awful. Tracks 2 thru 11 flow well and are good to me. But One Dance, Grammys, Childs Play, Pop Style and Too Good are all complete and utter garbage. Quite possibly the worst string of songs I've ever heard. Album ends nicely after that though.

Take out those 5 songs and you have a solid effort IMO. I'm not sure why cats insist on these long *** albums that don't hold the listener's attention.

Also, I'm not sure why dudes are still crying about his subject matter--nothing has changed with this dude ever. IYRTITL was an anomaly of an album as far as content goes. I will say I was hoping for more of the Tuscan Leather Drake as far as rapping/flows go. But content-wise, nothing has really changed.
I can respect this. But why do certain rappers get a pass for the same content and some dont. Dudes criticize pusha and say o all he can talk is dope, all he talks about is drugs. That's been his content, he speaking his life and what he seen. Meek gets killed for the rollie, ghost, Audemars talk but that's been him from day 1. Drake talks about his hater, exs, stunting on exs and it's his or content, leave him alone it's always been his thing. I have no issues with it wither but be fair all the way across the board.

Still don't understand why people who literally hate an artist spend so much time in here and spend so much time listening to their music :lol: I personally don't have time to spend on artists I don't care for.

With that said the album is good, but I expected greatness this go around. Weston Road Flows is the standout track, Pop Style could have been much better. Future was a waste on Grammy's too, I know he can do better than that.

Surprised to see Popcaan off Controlla and Beenie randomly thrown on the end.

Last edited:
Still don't understand why people who literally hate an artist spend so much time in here and spend so much time listening to their music :lol: I personally don't have time to spend on artists I don't care for.

This narrative is so tired, do people just want to see nothing but positive dickering comments in a thread? not to mention it's a lot of drake fans in here saying they don't like it and it's wack

Fake lol

Last edited:
This narrative is so tired, do people just want to see nothing but positive dickering comments in a thread? not to mention it's a lot of drake fans in here saying they don't like it and it's wack

Fake lol
Not at all, there's nothing wrong with hating the album or giving an opinion. I don't think you read my post correctly. I meant those who hate the artist in general since day one.

I can respect this. But why do certain rappers get a pass for the same content and some dont. Dudes criticize pusha and say o all he can talk is dope, all he talks about is drugs. That's been his content, he speaking his life and what he seen. Meek gets killed for the rollie, ghost, Audemars talk but that's been him from day 1. Drake talks about his hater, exs, stunting on exs and it's his or content, leave him alone it's always been his thing. I have no issues with it wither but be fair all the way across the board.

Just my personal opinion, but I think people crave different content from guys like that because most people can't relate to what they're rapping about. It gets old listening to coke raps, watches, cars, etc. Most listeners haven't and never will live that lifestyle, so eventually you grow tired of hearing **** you can't relate to. Music is a very personal thing and we all tend to gravitate towards stuff we feel.

All that said, can I relate to all the relationship stuff and super-simping Drake sings/raps about? No. But we've all been there with exes, whether we want to admit it or not. We've all questioned ourselves and our insecurities. In short, the average person can relate to more of his content, so people aren't as quick to call him out for always having the same subject matter on his albums. This goes back to music being a personal thing--people listen to artists who are speaking on stuff they deal with and go through in life.

Drake is a smart cat--don't get it twisted. He knows exactly what he's doing and he always has. Having your music centered on love/relationships isn't anything new--just peep almost every classic R&B song out there. But for a "rapper" (is he even a rapper at this point?) it kind of is, hence the flack he gets from rap fans. And the irony of it is that the dude can actually rap well, but he chooses to go this route. But again, it goes back to him being more true to himself, which I think endears him more to the average listener.

Fake lol
Not at all, there's nothing wrong with hating the album or giving an opinion. I don't think you read my post correctly. I meant those who hate the artist in general since day one.

He talking about $tacy $tacy

Just tag me *****. Tho I dislike the srtist I love music and give everything a chance. It's been times I hated dudes and heard certain body's of work and my opinion changed. I'm always open to good music. I would still dislike drake but if the music was fire it would be fire.

Change the title to the drake fans only Thread n I'll bounce. Y'all allow dudes to say outlandish slurping comments but when the other side is told it's the "omg how do u got time, omg go get some money etc. The same way they got time to slurp and gas the **** I got time to tell how I hate and dislike it. Dudes come in the future thread and hate all the time, we debate, try to sway them with music and softer that whatever speak ya mind, I like it u don't cool. Everybody not gonna stan like Wavez and anti, if u gonna call us out call out the delusional dudes too.

Change the title to the drake fans only Thread n I'll bounce. Y'all allow dudes to say outlandish slurping comments but when the other side is told it's the "omg how do u got time, omg go get some money etc. The same way they got time to slurp and gas the **** I got time to tell how I hate and dislike it. Dudes come in the future thread and hate all the time, we debate, try to sway them with music and softer that whatever speak ya mind, I like it u don't cool. Everybody not gonna stan like Wavez and anti, if u gonna call us out call out the delusional dudes too.

Go back and read your first handful of posts in this thread (you have 371 so far). You entered this thread throwing on the cape for Future. And you're still talking about Future...in a Drake thread. :lol: Might be time to rethink calling anyone else out for slurping. Just sayin'.

Go back and read your first handful of posts in this thread (you have 371 so far). You entered this thread throwing on the cape for Future. And you're still talking about Future...in a Drake thread. :lol: Might be time to rethink calling anyone else out for slurping. Just sayin'.
Nothing wrong with slurping the man but don't call out the hating and saying we take **** too far if u not gonna call out the slurpers who go to far. I was here far before future. Honestly we only come here because dudes are so sensitive and get in their feelings when u don't like drake music

Drake is a smart cat--don't get it twisted. He knows exactly what he's doing and he always has. Having your music centered on love/relationships isn't anything new--just peep almost every classic R&B song out there. But for a "rapper" (is he even a rapper at this point?) it kind of is, hence the flack he gets from rap fans. And the irony of it is that the dude can actually rap well, but he chooses to go this route. But again, it goes back to him being more true to himself, which I think endears him more to the average listener.

Everybody gets that. His music has always been geared towards females. Some singing, some rapping. He's been doing that since So Far Gone. The problem is it just didn't work on this album. His singing and rapping ain't good on here and the content is weak. **** is just boring and empty.

Back
Top Bottom