🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

Hearing this at the barbershop right now.
It's drake alright
Yup. Literally drake.
I rate this album a solid drake out of drake.

14.5/20 are dope for me. I like this album a lot. 

Weston Road Flows and Fire and Desire

pimp.gif

I feel like the Album is cool..not great after a couple listens..I think most people on here..like most of my friends go into drake albums expecting him to be rapping and dropping crazy bars..Much of this is because him and some of his fans would lead you to think he's the best rapper ever..But as much as he try to protray himself as a rapper..his not..he's a pop artist. And that's my mindset when I listen to his albums..

i'm not understanding the hate for this. this sounds exactly what I'd expect a drake album to sound like. **** is strange to me its almost like people want to dislike it

and this is coming from someone who doesnt like his albums after so far gone

It's not a typical Drake album because the average Drake album has at least 4 or 5 tracks that could basically be singles, and would get added to the playlist immediately, bangers. And then a couple more strong album cuts on top of that. And then (imo) a couple filler tracks where the simpin might get too heavy and I pretty much never play again. He's never made a play it all the way through album to me, but he has made very solid albums with alot of strong tracks.

This album is different because the highs aren't high enough (Controlla is the only "hit" in my eyes, and then he ****** it up by removing Popcaan), and the rest is way more filler than strong album cuts. Weston Road Flows woulda been a cool album cut on his previous albums and now it's damn near a highlight. The album just ain't that strong. Consistent with the Drake "sound", but the lows are lower and the highs are lower too.

Also sidebar If You're Reading this... sucked imo. I don't like fake trapstar Drake at all, that album was trash. I'm not mad at the sound on Views necessarily but he just wasn't able to put it together all the way to make a strong album.

Honestly, I don't know how anyone could expect Views to have a lot of full fledged raps on it.

He just came out with two albums in one year where he was rapping...a lot. 

It was obvious views was going to be more of a SFG feel type of album.

Hype the only good song on here tbh. 9 is okay. 40 is a wizard.

IYRT >>>>> Take Care 2.0
Lowkey disrespectful to The Weeknd labeling this project TC 2.0

Weeknd doing the tracks he did was literally the only redeeming factor for Take Care for me.

I don't even count them as Drake songs, I'm pretty sure I have Practice and The Ride on Trilogy in my iTunes :lol:

Last edited:
:smh: this move forward with the times streaming thing is a cop out
That **** should not count for ****
if u ain't bought it
It shouldn't count PERIOD

But people have to buy streaming memberships to stream it no?

It's like saying Netflix streams shouldn't count. If a new medium comes along and it's how people now consume media then why shouldn't it count towards sales?

Ok, got thru the album...

U With Me >>>>

But 'Views', 'Weston Road' etc. is more of what I guess we were all expecting

It bumps in the whip...gonna let it settle in a few more days

I think the meek beef and the ghostwriter rumors set the bar too high. Ppl wanted Drake to come out swinging and typically that just isn't Drake.

Last edited:
this album is lazy and boring. 

there isn't one song that just had me like  
eek.gif

sounds like a mixtape he just threw together

Hearing Drake say "cock up yuh bumpa, sit down pon it" is getting NO less hilarious each listen :lol:

Last edited:
production is bland as hell

lyrics are bland as hell

it's only better than tml and nwts and it's only better than these cause you don't have to skip any tracks on this album but there aren't any amazing songs on this one either

everything else he's put out is better

Back
Top Bottom