🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

This album is great body of work
pimp.gif

It seems like the label let him do him as opposed to the first album.

Theres a lot of things on here that most labels wouldnt allow like the "unnecessary" samples and features in between songs.

Nothing seems forced on here other than maybe "Make Me Proud"

Originally Posted by UrbenYouth
This dudes reviews stay on point. Even the stuff that I disagree with always boils down to personal preference not necessarily him being wrong. Love how he acknowledged Drake's penchant for cheesy romance novel raps lol.

Originally Posted by Drizzyd

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

Birdman talking at the end of we'll be fine >>>>>>>>

laugh.gif

Birdman must have a clause in Drakes contract to be on his album(s) at some point, that $**# was so unnecessary. I had manually to cut him out of the song, nearly ruining a dope track with that nonsense..

i was serious though. Birdman is a genius.

Kill spray anything that move. I %+@%! wit stunna

what sample is being used at the song with rihanna take care??? the sample is near the end after a drake verse

also random question where can i get that the shirt drake has with the owl?

Originally Posted by LA KB24

what sample is being used at the song with rihanna take care??? the sample is near the end after a drake verse

also random question where can i get that the shirt drake has with the owl?

Take Care is on it's way to 700k in first week sales..
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by awwsome

Originally Posted by Checks McGee

Drake didnt do Lord Knows justice?  Huh?  He went in just as he was supposed to. 

I feel like he did as much as he could do but frankly when it comes down to it, Drake strength isn't rapping, it's songwriting and taste.
That beat was made for +#!@+! who can just rap like Push, Kendrick, Jay, Nas, even Fab on a good day.

This. As a rapper, Drake just doesn't command a mic like that, especially on a beat as good and anthemic as that one. Add on
the fact that content wise, he really just rapped just to rap on there. He honestly didn't do anything with that beat and wasted it.

This album is 
tired.gif

I think if you're a fan of the "OG" Drake, you'll LOVE this album. Someone in here said that this is SFG II and I couldn't agree more. While I enjoyed SFG for what it was, TML was a much more rounded album imo. It seemed to have the perfect balance of rap & RnB with Drake successfully able to appeal to the majority of the masses (read: achieve mainstream w/o crossing over or selling-out). Take Care comes off as the album where he's trying too hard to appeal to ALL of the masses. In other words, you can play songs from this album on Z100, Hot97, Power 105, WBLS, KISSFM, and any other similar urban/pop radio stations with no problem because it seems as if he's trying to appeal to every format. I'm shocked son didn't venture into reggaeton.... Whereas, TML had a variety of tracks (Light Up, Resistance, Fancy, Up All Night, Over, Find Your Love, Miss Me.... that lineup
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
) getting heavy play on the major urban stations (but not the pop ones). I'm not mad that he's trying to expand his audience. But I would have preferred waaaaaay less RnB records on here.
30t6p3b.gif

Some quotes I agree with:

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

I listened to snippets and it sounds like a depressing r&b joint.

Originally Posted by sdsualum

album is eh. i liked TML upon first listen. I've gone through TC 3x already and I can't really get into it.

Originally Posted by trak1sh

I don't like any of the songs as much as I liked dreams money can buy, headlines and club paradise when I first heard them.

Originally Posted by Rocky437

Thank Me Later > Take Care .. Honestly I dont even think its close, just my opinion.

Originally Posted by rocman23

i haven't listened to alot of it but from what i've heard im not impressed. It's like he is stuck between rap and r n b and does both of them half %#%

I can listen to TML all the way thru, cant say the same for TC.  But it is kinda soon to tell, it may grow on me.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

This album is 
tired.gif

I think if you're a fan of the "OG" Drake, you'll LOVE this album. Someone in here said that this is SFG II and I couldn't agree more. While I enjoyed SFG for what it was, TML was a much more rounded album imo. It seemed to have the perfect balance of rap & RnB with Drake successfully able to appeal to the majority of the masses (read: achieve mainstream w/o crossing over or selling-out). Take Care comes off as the album where he's trying too hard to appeal to ALL of the masses. In other words, you can play songs from this album on Z100, Hot97, Power 105, WBLS, KISSFM, and any other similar urban/pop radio stations with no problem because it seems as if he's trying to appeal to every format. I'm shocked son didn't venture into reggaeton.... Whereas, TML had a variety of tracks (Light Up, Resistance, Fancy, Up All Night, Over, Find Your Love, Miss Me.... that lineup
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
) getting heavy play on the major urban stations (but not the pop ones). I'm not mad that he's trying to expand his audience. But I would have preferred waaaaaay less RnB records on here.
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Drake didnt do Lord Knows justice?  Huh?  He went in just as he was supposed to. 

I feel like he did as much as he could do but frankly when it comes down to it, Drake strength isn't rapping, it's songwriting and taste.
That beat was made for +#!@+! who can just rap like Push, Kendrick, Jay, Nas, even Fab on a good day.

This. As a rapper, Drake just doesn't command a mic like that, especially on a beat as good and anthemic as that one. Add on
the fact that content wise, he really just rapped just to rap on there. He honestly didn't do anything with that beat and wasted it.

cmon son...

i agree other cats could have went harder on it, but drake did his thing.  to say he wasted it is %@!*@@ silly.

cmon son...

i agree other cats could have went harder on it, but drake did his thing.  to say he wasted it is %@!*@@ silly.
Drake's flow on it was cool but the lyrics on it
sick.gif
grin.gif

That sample and beat on "Camera" makes it my favorite song. I cant explain it, but that song stays on repeat.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

cmon son...

Drake's flow on it was cool but the lyrics on it
sick.gif
grin.gif
Son talking about checking women's cell phones over one of the hardest beats this year.

are you me, are you me
thought you knew about the team?

on a real note, i think its safe to say people who like r&b are feeling this album, and people who aren't fans of R&B are disappointed.. luckily i like me some good R&B
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by SHUGES

This album is 
tired.gif

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Welp.

Originally Posted by nyczill3st

are you me, are you me
thought you knew about the team?

on a real note, i think its safe to say people who like r&b are feeling this album, and people who aren't fans of R&B are disappointed.. luckily i like me some good R&B
pimp.gif

smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
wink.gif

Solid album IMO.  Look At What You've Done is dope.  Stevie on the harmonica was 
sick.gif
Camera and Underground Kingz are my favs 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom