09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

i was pumped with lewis took that fumble back.
but man the offense really needs to be figured out.

smh.gif
at holland dropping that wide open pass.

As long as LMJ gets the majority of the carries and Masoli runs decent we will be fine. But we need to get the ball to Dickson way more, dude is a straightballer.

Originally Posted by Fecta23

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

i was pumped with lewis took that fumble back.
but man the offense really needs to be figured out.

smh.gif
at holland dropping that wide open pass.

As long as LMJ gets the majority of the carries and Masoli runs decent we will be fine. But we need to get the ball to Dickson way more, dude is a straight baller.

TRUTH.
Dickson needs to be thrown to more than once a game. Just a solid player who will contribute in anyway. And the passes to Maehl are driving me crazy. I swearhe just hangs out to the right of Masoli and dinks around (at least that's what it has seemed like). Every pass Masoli throws his way is like 2-3 yardsbeyond the LOS and nothing happens afterwards. Send him over the middle or a post or, something!

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

Real talk, I'm actually glad we didn't land Terrelle Pryor. Dude is SO OVER HYPED it's not funny.
Cut it out. I hate Ohio State but he has the potential to be a good QB if he and the Quaterbacks coach can fix his mechanics. He's still alittle wet behind the ears in the pocket. Just last year you guys were terrible at this position so if anything you should be cutting the kid some slack. NowRich Rodriguez is god? Please. Its still early. You played Notre Damn and some bum school don't get it twisted.

USC's defense has like 8-9 new starters plus Taylor was banged up. Their D is far from world beaters this year. And that's not my point (to hype up Forcier). I just think it was a blessing in disguise we didn't land him in the long run.
Stop it. USC's defense is solid so far and allowing 9 ppg. isn't anything to
eyes.gif
at. Blessing in disguise? Michigan went the distance to try to get this kid andeven went so far as to pimp Tri-Delt to try to get him to sign the letter of intent. Tressel doesn't develop QBs well, plain and simple.

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

These dudes on NT are so fickle....
laugh.gif
One sub-par game, and the hate automatically comes thru.....yeah, I'd rather have Chris Turner as my team's QB over Terrelle Pryor...

Lemme ask you Michigan dudes....what's the REAL future for Denard Robinson as a Wolverine? Do you think he's content? The Forcier bandwagon is picking up steam, so what's left for Robinson? A position switch, or do they keep him at QB?

Only 1 sub-par game? TP almost lost to Navy last week.
laugh.gif

Denard is too good of an athlete/FAST to just keep off the field, but Tate is most def. the QB. Denard is basically our wildcat guy now (& will be a damn good one too). He could possibly switch to the slot eventually but who knows.

We have Devin Gardner coming in next year who is the #1 dual threat QB in the country: http://rivals.yahoo.com/n...ayer-Devin-Gardner-81347

If Forcier keeps this progression/pace up, we will probably red shirt Gardner.

@ the end of the day, this is a GOOD problem to have. *shrugs*
pimp.gif

Listen to you. I see you are on of those people living in "NT land."

Michigan WILL NOT beat OSU this year and TP will be a top ten pick when he comes out. Where will these Michigan QB's be in 3 years????
laugh.gif

Let me start off by saying that Pryor is not overrated. My only beef with Pryor other being a Buckeye is that he relies on his feet way too much. He'sblessed with speed, but he just needs to use it in the right way. Just doesn't seem like he trusts his line and his WRs, just tries to do too much. I thinkhe'll get his act together though. I mean Troy Smith was just a running QB then he settled down into a pocket QB that can move. Just give the kid sometime, he'll be fine.

Y'all bammas making us UM fans as a whole look like idiots. Yes we beat a decent ND squad, but this season is far from over. PSU is looking great andOSU's had our number since Sweatervest arrived. I'm glad we're playing well, better than I expected so far, but let's not get carried awayhere. Y'all must have forgot that UM used to call a 2 loss season a failure.

Very happy with how Michigan played. Missed the game live but watched it when I got home from Jersey at midnight last night. Awesome game. This game was almosta complete switch from last year. ND made all the mistakes and Michigan capitalized on them. Thats what we needed to do to win.

JC impressed me and he looks like a new QB. Their OL is so much better than last year it isn't funny. Their 2 WRs are legit. Their secondary is still bunsand their DL is average but their LBs seem much better as well. Golden Tate for how good he could be lets so many passes hit the ground.

Michigans OL seems like a new unit as well. Some gaping holes for Minor to run through who will be the key to our season. Our WRs remembered how to block andMathews had his best gam of his career. Stonum looked like he finally gets it. Our D was not good. LBs got destroyed at the point of attack. The DL got zeropass rush. Bouba had a game that he will put behind him. Warren played decent. The safeties did nothing and how we have a walkon as our backup FS is beyond me.

Denard knows where he stands this year. He is a backup. He knows he is not at the level of Tate with the feel of the game or passing and will be used as arunning threat. He will stay at QB until someone unseats him as a backup IMO.

Overall, I am happy we got the win. Lots to work on but ND is a good team and the fact that we beat them is just fine by me.

Great day. Michigan wins. ND, MSU and O$U lose.

Yall are buggin.

Yeah sweatervest sucks in big games and is overrated. But he did a pretty good job developing Troy Smith.

Pryor sucks as a passer yeah. But he wouldve been insane in Rich Rod's system. OSU* needs to tailor their O to his strengths and weaknesses if he'sever gonna be a good QB. Right now he just doesn't fit.

I think some UofM fans might be jumping the gun a little bit. Tate in his first two games has played well but he's still a freshman and is gonna makemistakes. Will everyone still be so high on him when he does? This team still has a lot of improving to do.

Originally Posted by zs05wc

I think some UofM fans might be jumping the gun a little bit. Tate in his first two games has played well but he's still a freshman and is gonna make mistakes. Will everyone still be so high on him when he does? This team still has a lot of improving to do.

He made mistakes in this past game but the improvising he did out there was special. He is so dangerous because he might be more accurate on the run tha in thepocket. Sure he will take his freshman lumps like Henne did but his football IQ and ability to make up for those mistakes should be enough to overtake them. Idon't think people are jumping the gun on Tate. If you can't see that he has the ability to take over a game or lead a game winning drive you areblind. Not saying he is the savior or even that he will be able to fend off other for the QB job, but he is going to be a good one in this offense. Him beingable to be a big part of getting this team to 2-0 after what Michigan went through last year is a big accomplishment for him and should be looked at as such.

Originally Posted by Newbs24

Originally Posted by zs05wc

I think some UofM fans might be jumping the gun a little bit. Tate in his first two games has played well but he's still a freshman and is gonna make mistakes. Will everyone still be so high on him when he does? This team still has a lot of improving to do.

He made mistakes in this past game but the improvising he did out there was special. He is so dangerous because he might be more accurate on the run tha in the pocket. Sure he will take his freshman lumps like Henne did but his football IQ and ability to make up for those mistakes should be enough to overtake them. I don't think people are jumping the gun on Tate. If you can't see that he has the ability to take over a game or lead a game winning drive you are blind. Not saying he is the savior or even that he will be able to fend off other for the QB job, but he is going to be a good one in this offense. Him being able to be a big part of getting this team to 2-0 after what Michigan went through last year is a big accomplishment for him and should be looked at as such.
I may not put that the way I wanted. I didnt mean jumping the gun on Tate specifically I meant that team as a whole. I think its just cuzI'm kind of paranoid/supertitious as a Michigan fan that I'm so hesitant to get overly excited too early.

AP Top 25
RK TEAM RECORD PTS
1 Florida (56) 2-0 1491
2 Texas (1) 2-0 1404
3 USC (1) 2-0 1396
4 Alabama (2) 2-0 1328
5 Mississippi 1-0 1145
5 Penn State 2-0 1145
7 Brigham Young 2-0 1122
8 California 2-0 1058
9 LSU 2-0 951
10 Boise State 2-0 945
11 Ohio State 1-1 840
12 Oklahoma 1-1 835
13 Virginia Tech 1-1 749
14 Georgia Tech 2-0 683
15 TCU 1-0 609
16 Oklahoma State 1-1 445
17 Cincinnati 2-0 407
18 Utah 2-0 405
19 Nebraska 2-0 365
20 Miami (FL) 1-0 364
21 Houston 2-0 341
22 Kansas 2-0 271
23 Georgia 1-1 260
24 North Carolina 2-0 250
25 Michigan 2-0 169

* Dropped from rankings: Notre Dame 18, Missouri 25

* Others receiving votes: Missouri 93, Pittsburgh 87, Oregon State 64, Texas Tech 54, UCLA 44, Notre Dame 40, West Virginia 30, Auburn 26, Iowa 23, BostonCollege 19, Baylor 15, Clemson 10, Oregon 5, Arizona 4, Arkansas 3, Colorado State 2, Florida State 1, Minnesota 1, South Florida 1

USA Today Poll
RK TEAM RECORD PTS
1 Florida (56) 2-0 1472
2 Texas 2-0 1399
3 USC (3) 2-0 1368
4 Alabama 2-0 1277
5 Penn State 2-0 1216
6 Mississippi 1-0 1060
7 LSU 2-0 1051
7 California 2-0 1051
9 Brigham Young 2-0 941
10 Boise State 2-0 913
11 Ohio State 1-1 855
12 Oklahoma 1-1 794
13 Georgia Tech 2-0 771
14 Virginia Tech 1-1 709
15 TCU 1-0 648
16 Utah 2-0 533
17 Oklahoma State 1-1 485
18 Nebraska 2-0 471
19 North Carolina 2-0 341
20 Georgia 1-1 333
21 Cincinnati 2-0 328
22 Miami (FL) 1-0 291
23 Kansas 2-0 195
24 Oregon State 2-0 118
25 Missouri 2-0 104

* Dropped from rankings: Notre Dame 20

* Others receiving votes: Michigan 84, Houston 69, Texas Tech 68, Pittsburgh 40, Notre Dame 32, Auburn 30, Iowa 27, Florida State 19, Oregon 16, WestVirginia 16, UCLA 13, South Florida 13, Kentucky 9, Arizona 4, CENTRL MICHIGAN 2, Colorado State 2, Minnesota 2, Northwestern 2, Arkansas 1, Tulsa 1, SouthCarolina 1

I'm more excited about the offense as a whole than I am about 1 person. Tate is the leader of the O but he does have a lot of guys stepping up. I thinkthey all have faith in him and are ready to sell out to help him. I think we will see this inspired team start to show up on the reg now. Have a competent QBrunning the show and making plays makes the offense go. Pat White might not have been the "best" anything but he could run this offense well and putpoints on the board in bunches. That is all I am hoping for with this team.

Devin Gardner coming in early will also help out a ton and give us another guy that can run this system. Not giving up on Denard quite yet at QB. The coachesstill love his abilities but saw that Tate had the hot hand and had to give him the nod yesterday.

Highlights from the Marshall game for those who haven't seen it since it wasn't on TV. Hopefully you all can see why I was so excited about Williamsand Wilson in the offseason; these two are gonna be special. I don't think Wilson has a carry until the second video.

*#%% Lane Kiffin

!#!! Ed Ogeron

!#!! Monty Kiffin

!#!! Eddie Gran

!#!! the staff as a whole

%$*$ Tennessee as a state and an institution.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
frown.gif
tired.gif

FSU needs to step their $$$$ game up.

It's pretty pathetic that I saw that story and thought about Dre (no McNabb).

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by dreClark

*#%% Lane Kiffin

!#!! Ed Ogeron

!#!! Monty Kiffin

!#!! Eddie Gran

!#!! the staff as a whole

%$*$ Tennessee as a state and an institution.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
frown.gif
tired.gif

pimp.gif

laugh.gif
Mike not knowin what u tombout

Willis, Cobbs, Miller

COMMITT !

Juwan James on the way too.

C. Riggs has now changed his announce date til after gran and CLk meet his moms on dec 1st
pimp.gif

even when we lose, we win
laugh.gif

Vols Beyotch!

I see UTk opened as a 28.5 point dog against the Gaytors. I would take Florida. I can't wait to hear what bulletin board material Kiffin spews this week.Should be entertaining. I can also see Urb running up the score with Brantley in. I would hope he would take Tebow out because no reason for him to get hurtjust so Urb can put 70 up.

Back
Top Bottom